What happened to playing in Canberra next year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
Seeing as though this years game against the Raiders was at Brooky, I was under the impression that next years would be down here in Canberra!
According to Dean Ritchie's article "Manly will play Canberra at Brookvale Oval in Neil Henry's first match as Raiders coach".
So unless they play the Raiders a 2nd time down here next year - there goes the chance for my 3 boys to watch the Eagles play live! The eldest has already been looking forward to it :((
I work weekend night duty & can't get to Brooky. :0

It's a bummer for you Goldie, but the draw from season to season seems a bit spasmodic. We hadn't seen the Broncos at Brookie for eons up until this year. Who knows why they do these things?

I'm just hoping that we play Canberra twice this year. We went down to Brookie twice, and it just so happened we saw the raiders play manly in round 1. We also saw the Broncos beat us. I really don't think we should come again this year.

2004 and 2005 we played them twice. Hopefully we do in 2007.

I think they will be weak next year. They have lost a lot of good players and have a very young team (with some talent.) To play them twice should mean two good wins.

Home game for Round 1 two seasons in a row.!!! (Mind you last year's opener was hardly a joyous celebration with our boys very slow out of the blocks!!

Good game to have first up, big crowd guaranteed which probably wouldn't happen in the later rounds vs Canberra.

indeed...looked like Manly had a long year ahead, but like the Broncos and tigers the year before showed, you need to be firing at the end of the year, it's not all doom and gloom after 8 or so rounds if Manly are outside of the top 8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4