What happened to forward passe?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RiverEagle said:
When was the last time a touchie intervened to flag a forward pass...?

Anyone??

Since the intro of the 2nd on-field ref, it's clearly a directive to stay out of it (for touch-judges).

The single best change they could make is for the vidiots to be able to rule on them.

They are called on for everything else (including offside from kicks) so why they can't check for forward passes is ... ridiculous.

You're right. The silliest part is when the attack gets about 10m out and spreads the ball near the corner towards the team's outside backs and winger. At that point the touchie stops running and stands still to look down the touchline to see if the winger goes out and or gets the ball down. It is obviously what they are instructed to do by the NRL.

But in doing that though the touchie never sees the final pass.

To show how dumb the NRL is the video referee can overrule what the touchie says in regard to the touchline and try being put down but can't overrule a forward pass.

In other words the NRL has got the touchies looking at something that doesn't matter while not having him look at possible forward passes.

Laughable.

Exactly @"Brissie Kid"

If they checked TRed's pass inside to Ferris on Friday night (with Hiku unmarked inside Ferris too) it may have been given the all-clear and the game's suddenly 10-12, and vastly different.

It looked OK to me and it was approx. on their 20m line...No reason why the touchie wouldn't have a clear view (if play went on and the ref checked with the touchie like they used to).

Or, if a ref let's it go and has any doubt, just get a quick look upstairs like they do for all else.

It's common-sense though mate, so we've got no chance.

TRed's pass was backwards out of the hands. So it was ok and should have been played on. Others from dummyhalf by Luke belonged in the NFL but no one seems to have seen any of those even though there were many.

They could easily let the video referee check forward passes if they did it the same as kicks, just see if:
1. was ball passed backwards from the hands
2 was the receiver behind the passer when he let ball go.

If it ticks those 2 checks it should be treated as ok.

Simples.

Let's be practical and just get the touchiest to permanently stand on the 20m line and act as corner posts for close 40/20s. That would be a huge upgrade in their effectiveness.

StuBoot said:
It's the simple ones from dummy half that do the damage.
I can't believe how many Luke threw last night, the touchies and refs aren't even looking.
I reckon Bob's tally would be about right.

Ballin threw just as many only we didn't have as much critical ball, so it wasn't as noticeable. Geez some people around here need glasses, or at least clean them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8