What happened to forward passe?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The one from quarterback Isacc Luke to Sam Burgess late in the second half was insane. As Tooves said in the presser, what is the role of the touch judges anymore?..what do they actually do?

I would love to someone watch it again and give us a tally.

I reckon Souths threw around 20 and we got away with about 6.

What happened to losing the ball and being called to play it :huh:
Luke clearly dropped the ball in the fitst half near the tryline. Pinko didn't call it even though the Manly Players were yelling about it. Rabbids scored a try in the ensuing play :mad:

What do you expect from the NRL after nearly 11 months after last year's grand final atrocity? Improvement?

And that alleged forward pass from TRed to Ferris that would've been a Manly try was thrown backwards out of the hands too.

The NRL is a laughing stock. For a professional sport it looks like amateur hour. The refs are going backwards.

This is blight on the game.

The forward pass is popping up more and more and it was in evidence last night when vermin burgess burst onto a blatant pass from Luke.

I do not understand why the video refs cant pick that up yet they can invent knock ons ect.

It's the simple ones from dummy half that do the damage.
I can't believe how many Luke threw last night, the touchies and refs aren't even looking.
I reckon Bob's tally would be about right.

StuBoot said:
It's the simple ones from dummy half that do the damage.
I can't believe how many Luke threw last night, the touchies and refs aren't even looking.
I reckon Bob's tally would be about right.
It was almost like watching Cameron Smith wearing red and green...

Look the problem is simple. The referees see forward passes from dummy half & walking off the mark as minor infringements that don't mean much. But everyone who really knows the game understands in 2014 that gaining an edge from these little things is where the game is ultimately won and lost. The referees and the NRL have no concept of the game. The crusher penalty and charge put on Starling and the so called Foz shoulder charge on Hurrell are all the proof anyone needs.

Its very rare that Issac Luke doesn't throw a forward pass from dummy half, and more often than not its Sam Burgess on the receiving end of those forward passes. Yet game after game they are let go by the refs.

There are 4 officials in pink out there. Two on the field and the two touchies. You would think at least one of them would be watching the ruck and resulting pass from dummy half and can see if its gone forward or not.

Regardless that its seen as a minor incident, a forward pass is still a forward pass and its an infringement on the rules that should either be called a penalty for deliberate or it should result in a scrum to the defending team at the time (or a handover if its on the last tackle).

Luke and Scam Smith are the worst offenders in the NRL for forward passes from dummy half, yet they are allowed to get away with it. But while Smith seems to often disguise his by throwing them more flat than forward which are harder for refs to pick up (they have enough trouble seeing as it is), Luke's are often so blatantly forward that they should draw a penalty.

HoldenV8 said:
Its very rare that Issac Luke doesn't throw a forward pass from dummy half, and more often than not its Sam Burgess on the receiving end of those forward passes. Yet game after game they are let go by the refs.

There are 4 officials in pink out there. Two on the field and the two touchies. You would think at least one of them would be watching the ruck and resulting pass from dummy half and can see if its gone forward or not.

Regardless that its seen as a minor incident, a forward pass is still a forward pass and its an infringement on the rules that should either be called a penalty for deliberate or it should result in a scrum to the defending team at the time (or a handover if its on the last tackle).

Luke and Scam Smith are the worst offenders in the NRL for forward passes from dummy half, yet they are allowed to get away with it. But while Smith seems to often disguise his by throwing them more flat than forward which are harder for refs to pick up (they have enough trouble seeing as it is), Luke's are often so blatantly forward that they should draw a penalty.

Well said HoldenV8, totally agree with you.

The forward pass out of dummy half hitting the ball runner is just a joke. Issac Luke is a serial offender and has been doing this for years.

A forward pass is indeed an infringement on the rules so what is the NRL doing about it........????

:mad:

I know I'm not 18 anymore and my eyes aren't what they used to be but the pass from whoever to Sam Burgess to make that break......

It was short and still looked a yard forward.

Tell me I'm not going blind.

Dan said:
Are only one team allowed to be pulled up for them. Deadset they way were throwing them like gridiron all night

Gee. I thought I was seeing things.
Glad I wasn't the only to spot them.
Bunch of cheats.

When was the last time a touchie intervened to flag a forward pass...?

Anyone??

Since the intro of the 2nd on-field ref, it's clearly a directive to stay out of it (for touch-judges).

The single best change they could make is for the vidiots to be able to rule on them.

They are called on for everything else (including offside from kicks) so why they can't check for forward passes is ... ridiculous.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6