What Happened To Direct??

MK Eagle

Bencher
Yes with players missing it comes down to simple direct footy, so brilliantly demonstrated in the Penrith game.
It was sad to see the sideways running return, especially the big men who need to lay DCE a decent platform instead of all thinking they need to ball play - leave it to DCE & just give him quick play the balls by winning the ruck.
It should have embarressed the fowards when DCE swung the momentum of the game single handedly, running some direct lines scattering the Titans defensive line at 1 stage there.
There were some poor turnovers , missed tackles, forced passes, lack of intensity but for mine just dont get how they got away from following last weeks direct style??
Have little doubt Tooves would have called for a carbon copy of the Penrith gameplan & unfortunately- lack of respect for the opposition led to the engine room not getting into the grind, going sideways instead of foward.
Anyways, this ugly game is over & the Seaeagles will be on next w/end.

100% right MK.

Its a bloody simple game as we showed against Penrith.

Win the battle in the forwards and don't turn over cheap ball. We didn't do the former and did the latter with embarrassing regularity.

Especially when we are so down on troops.

Hopefully we correct this against the Dogs....or its going to be a bitter pill to swallow.

Agreed MK. Plenty of times the ball was taken to the line and then the low percentage long face ball was thrown by players without numbers 6 & 7 on their backs. I'm sure Tooves didn't say to the team in the warm up "hey you're all distributors & ball players tonight".

lsz said:
What happened to punctuation?
After obtaining my HSC I had a hard time deciding between chasing my dream as a rocket scientist or becoming a brain surgeon.
After just falling short on my quest, I discovered the Silvertails site & instantly realised it was not a footy site but a form of grammer school.
Sorry I have let you down again, but I will bring an apple to class next week.

Yours truly,
MK Eagle

I Started a similar thread on the same subject yesterday

The Hard Yakka
Or lack of against the lowly rated teams cost us a lot of games. The team rocks up complacent thinking they just have to go through the motions to win. They don't seem to have the killer instinct and ruthlessness to put those teams away.

When you look at it's the lack of ATTITUDE, go forward and it all crab style football, players standing flatfooted and waiting for someone else to spark the team. I know we're down on troops but this has happened consistantly over the years.

They don't want to do the hard yakka first. They have no problem getting up for the bigger games. If we're dominant up front we can then utilise the talent out wide. It's something imo that has to be instilled in every player. Do the hard yards first.

If you look at the losses against the slime and last night against the tits it was almost identical re. errors, missed tackles lack of go forward. All basic stuff that should be easily rectified.

I think the team have the mentally of playing a flamboyant style of play no matter what. As much as I hate the scum down south they just keep putting those teams away over and over again, you've got to give them credit when their team has been consistantly in the 1,2 or 3 on the ladder over a number of years. (I know they cheated and I'll get that argument).

When we're on song we're unbeatable but when we're bad we're very bad. 4 premiership points flushed away. We have the talent to go b2b and the boys know that if they don't do the Hard Yakka more often than not we get beaten so why does this happen so often?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2