What do we make of that?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
You get the feeling that we're due for a loss. We played good but not great. Parramatta were exceptional compared to how they've gone this season yet they still seemed to be a bit fortunate.

Grinding out a victory when you're not at your best against a willing team is a trait of a contender. Does tonight back up our credentials?

Full credit to Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran tonight. They would be in my top 3 for that game.

I have not seen the game yet but it sounds like we were down tonight as Killer said in the after-match interview but we got a tough win and lesser teams can't do that. It sounds like Wolfman had a very good game which is great and Foran stood up when required. How did DCE go?

Pittwater Legend said:
You get the feeling that we're due for a loss. We played good but not great. Parramatta were exceptional compared to how they've gone this season yet they still seemed to be a bit fortunate.

Grinding out a victory when you're not at your best against a willing team is a trait of a contender. Does tonight back up our credentials?

Full credit to Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran tonight. They would be in my top 3 for that game.

we were due for a flat performance. our forwards looked terribly slow and the backs were struggling a bit as well. just glad we managed to get the 2 points out of it. hopefully the boys had there minds set on next week. did it piss anyone else off seeing jayne kick it dead every set of six and starving stewart off the ball?

2 points that's what I make of it. Ordinary game, refs let both sides slow down ruck and no 10m. Not a great performance, but a win.

whilst its great we won,parra exposed our lack of size up front.
we need kite and rodney back

parra will be dangerous if they keep playing like tonight.
however they are nothing without jared hayne.
our game breakers were the difference tonight.

Sign of a good team that can play down on energy and still get off the canvas to snatch a win. We definitely lacked energy tonight even killer said he was struggling. Next week we better bring our A game or the Steelers will kill us.

Parra were really terrific (probably their best all year) and our big fault was not making ball and all tackles. Had a parra chick going off in the pub I was in and the crowd roar when she had to make a hasty exit at the end made it all worthwhile :) Very glad we got the 2 pts. Phew!

Well we're finally above the Dragons which is a great feeling. That 11-3 record is looking real handsome. I don't think we'll match the for and against we racked up in 2008 but we might be able to record more wins in the regular season.

ManlyBacker said:
Parra were really terrific (probably their best all year) and our big fault was not making ball and all tackles. Had a parra chick going off in the pub I was in and the crowd roar when she had to make a hasty exit at the end made it all worthwhile :) Very glad we got the 2 pts. Phew!

Which pub you at MB? I know you live in my home town nowadays.

played for the 80 mins, I knew it was a danger game. Plenty of improvement in the team. Just shows that you never take any team lightly.

Just got home - will watch the replay before going off half cocked. A win is a win but not a great effort I'm front of a reasonable crowd for a Monday night.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
we looked tired at times, and the enthusiasm seemed to be down at various times

Thats definitely the vibe we got at the game. Once Georgie dropped the ball early in the second half on our 10 metre line our boys seemed to be flat, although several tried very hard to get things back going at times. Our attack just wasn't sharp enough during the second half.

Parra's cover defence was excellent.

Nice crowd for a Monday. We looked very tired and it seemed a bit easy for line breaks by Parra i thought. Granted the eels turned up and we were just a bit off. Can't keep the same tempo up every week. Glad we got the 2 points and played for 80 mins. That Loko for the Eels looks like a good player.

dowdz said:
Nice crowd for a Monday. We looked very tired and seem easy line breaks by Parra i thought. Granted the eels turned up and we were just a bit off. Can't keep the same tempo up every week. Glad we got the 2 points and played for 80 mins

Absolutely right - the 2009 and 2010 sides prob would have been mowed down by 10 pts

very big crowd for a monday night! tough work getting outa the leagues club car park....

We have to remember the Eels also pushed St-George all the way so they are playing well and we were off our game and still won. For some strange reason i think we will play very well next week against the Goons. Des will be sure to fix the issues we had tonight, our biggest worry are the injuries.

chris_niko said:
Pittwater Legend said:

did it piss anyone else off seeing jayne kick it dead every set of six and starving stewart off the ball?

Yes its a loser tactic..:argue:

Parramatta played well, got a couple of breaks, and we were definitely down on form. We didn't really deserve to win but somehow we did, just as we did against the Sharks. In terms of the boys' mentality, it might be the "loss" we needed, without losing the two points.
Injuries to Big Joe (who was great again) and Tony Williams (who was just starting to look very comfortable in the back row) could prove costly.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6