1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do we make of that?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Pittwater Legend, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    You get the feeling that we're due for a loss. We played good but not great. Parramatta were exceptional compared to how they've gone this season yet they still seemed to be a bit fortunate.

Grinding out a victory when you're not at your best against a willing team is a trait of a contender. Does tonight back up our credentials?

Full credit to Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran tonight. They would be in my top 3 for that game.

2. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    We were due for an average performance and we still won, that is what I took from it.

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    we looked tired at times, and the enthusiasm seemed to be down at various times

4. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I have not seen the game yet but it sounds like we were down tonight as Killer said in the after-match interview but we got a tough win and lesser teams can't do that. It sounds like Wolfman had a very good game which is great and Foran stood up when required. How did DCE go?

• Like Like x 1
  5. chris_niko

chris_niko Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    we were due for a flat performance. our forwards looked terribly slow and the backs were struggling a bit as well. just glad we managed to get the 2 points out of it. hopefully the boys had there minds set on next week. did it piss anyone else off seeing jayne kick it dead every set of six and starving stewart off the ball?

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    2 points that's what I make of it. Ordinary game, refs let both sides slow down ruck and no 10m. Not a great performance, but a win.

7. sharx

sharx Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    whilst its great we won,parra exposed our lack of size up front.
    we need kite and rodney back

parra will be dangerous if they keep playing like tonight.
    however they are nothing without jared hayne.
    our game breakers were the difference tonight.

8. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I make that George needs a diet or a bigger jersey! ;)

9. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Sign of a good team that can play down on energy and still get off the canvas to snatch a win. We definitely lacked energy tonight even killer said he was struggling. Next week we better bring our A game or the Steelers will kill us.

10. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Parra were really terrific (probably their best all year) and our big fault was not making ball and all tackles. Had a parra chick going off in the pub I was in and the crowd roar when she had to make a hasty exit at the end made it all worthwhile :) Very glad we got the 2 pts. Phew!

11. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Well we're finally above the Dragons which is a great feeling. That 11-3 record is looking real handsome. I don't think we'll match the for and against we racked up in 2008 but we might be able to record more wins in the regular season.

12. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Which pub you at MB? I know you live in my home town nowadays.

13. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    played for the 80 mins, I knew it was a danger game. Plenty of improvement in the team. Just shows that you never take any team lightly.

14. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Just got home - will watch the replay before going off half cocked. A win is a win but not a great effort I'm front of a reasonable crowd for a Monday night.

15. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Thats definitely the vibe we got at the game. Once Georgie dropped the ball early in the second half on our 10 metre line our boys seemed to be flat, although several tried very hard to get things back going at times. Our attack just wasn't sharp enough during the second half.

Parra's cover defence was excellent.

16. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Nice crowd for a Monday. We looked very tired and it seemed a bit easy for line breaks by Parra i thought. Granted the eels turned up and we were just a bit off. Can't keep the same tempo up every week. Glad we got the 2 points and played for 80 mins. That Loko for the Eels looks like a good player.

17. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Absolutely right - the 2009 and 2010 sides prob would have been mowed down by 10 pts

very big crowd for a monday night! tough work getting outa the leagues club car park....

18. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    We have to remember the Eels also pushed St-George all the way so they are playing well and we were off our game and still won. For some strange reason i think we will play very well next week against the Goons. Des will be sure to fix the issues we had tonight, our biggest worry are the injuries.

19. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Yes its a loser tactic..:argue:

20. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Parramatta played well, got a couple of breaks, and we were definitely down on form. We didn't really deserve to win but somehow we did, just as we did against the Sharks. In terms of the boys' mentality, it might be the "loss" we needed, without losing the two points.
    Injuries to Big Joe (who was great again) and Tony Williams (who was just starting to look very comfortable in the back row) could prove costly.