What did you think of Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not his biggest fan, but I think that's harsh. Thought he tried really hard, very good in defense, and a nice meat pie. Couple of dodgy kicks, but a pass mark for sure.

Thats because your used to pommy rugby league quality mate. Mullayne could go over there and look like Johnathan Thurston.

Rubbish kicking game, poor options with the ball and passing game was crap.

Which moronic club would pay $1.2m for an overrated player like that. he will at least make Wantmore look like a champion next year

If that game there is his best effort, then I have 3 questions.
Q1. Will he ever regain the form that has seen him touted as a great prospect by so many pundits?
Q2. Is he Braith Anasta MkII destined for the most over-rated tag in the RLW for years to come.
Q3. How the Fcuk is he worth anywhere near 1.4 million a season.

If he is dogging it cause he is over Manly, Then I have 1 question.
Q1. Are his mates in the team like Snake & Matai happy for him to play average and them possibly get the spoon recorded next to their name because of it?

If i was Parra I would be packing Brownies.

what do people want for Foran? He never was and never will be Shaun Johnson, but in a GF when Johnson is running around like a chook with no head and the hail mary plays are not breaching quality September defence, Foran will be taking the line on and throwing perfect second man passes and executing a game plan...that's why he is worth 1.4 million bucks.

Sure, he is going to Eels, so he probably won't get a chance to play in September again, but he is a fantastic player and the criticism is sour grapes.

No matter what we all think of Foran, Manly definitely need him if we are to make a push,
Although his kicking game or even passing were nothing special, I love the way he takes on the line and he opens up opportunities for Stewart, DCE and Matai to do their stuff.

what do people want for Foran? He never was and never will be Shaun Johnson, but in a GF when Johnson is running around like a chook with no head and the hail mary plays are not breaching quality September defence, Foran will be taking the line on and throwing perfect second man passes and executing a game plan...that's why he is worth 1.4 million bucks.

Sure, he is going to Eels, so he probably won't get a chance to play in September again, but he is a fantastic player and the criticism is sour grapes.
I agree. I feel that we don't take these things very well. Sure he's leaving us on poor terms but I don't think he was that bad tonight. He's definitely trying but it was just one of those days. What I've noticed with Foz is that on those 50/50 nights where there's a real wrestle in the game he pulls through.

I do think he combines well with Brett though. We'll miss that combination between our 5/8 and FB more than anything else from Foran. Hopefully the money saved is used in keeping Snake with us for the rest of his career.

Foran was that player you mentioned, But I can honestly say without a sour grape in sight apart from 1 to 2 games this year he hasn't shown any of what we have come to worship him for in previous years. I am not happy about him leaving & I am not hammering him for the sake of it, his form is way down from his own standards. He hasn't really been leading the team around like he used to and he isn't creating much or leaving the defence in two minds. Either he is just conserving himself or he has had a serious drop in his own high standard of form. Im not just saying it because DCE stayed but DCE earlier in the year made me feel **** about him signing elsewhere, at the moment I don't think I will miss Foran all that much and i would be scared if I supported Parra as they are expecting him to turn them into premiership contenders. Parra need spark like 40/20's and a good kicking game and a calm game organiser, I think they would have been better off with DCE but jesus i'm glad they didn't go after him. Just being honest not bitter.

Foran was that player you mentioned, But I can honestly say without a sour grape in sight apart from 1 to 2 games this year he hasn't shown any of what we have come to worship him for in previous years. I am not happy about him leaving & I am not hammering him for the sake of it, his form is way down from his own standards. He hasn't really been leading the team around like he used to and he isn't creating much or leaving the defence in two minds. Either he is just conserving himself or he has had a serious drop in his own high standard of form. Im not just saying it because DCE stayed but DCE earlier in the year made me feel **** about him signing elsewhere, at the moment I don't think I will miss Foran all that much and i would be scared if I supported Parra as they are expecting him to turn them into premiership contenders. Parra need spark like 40/20's and a good kicking game and a calm game organiser, I think they would have been better off with DCE but jesus i'm glad they didn't go after him. Just being honest not bitter.
Yeah, I have followed your posts closely and you don't strike me as hot headed and irrational...I guess I have always seen Foran as solid rather than spectacular. I look back at the 2013 GF and he put a big hit on SBW and threw a lovely second man pass to Snake to set up the first try...these are the kind of things that matter, not whether he tore second rate opposition to shreds in round 18. He is a competitor and someone you want on your team in a big game. I think he will be good for the Eels and it's gonna sting because I always proud to call Foran one of our own...anyway life goes on and it's good that Manly have managed to keep a wonderful player in DCE as keeping both was near impossible.

I agree. I feel that we don't take these things very well. Sure he's leaving us on poor terms but I don't think he was that bad tonight. He's definitely trying but it was just one of those days. What I've noticed with Foz is that on those 50/50 nights where there's a real wrestle in the game he pulls through.

I do think he combines well with Brett though. We'll miss that combination between our 5/8 and FB more than anything else from Foran. Hopefully the money saved is used in keeping Snake with us for the rest of his career.
spot on mate.

On a different note....

Happy 25th birthday Kieran. Savour it because this will be the last year Manly fans will be wishing you a happy birthday for a long, long time.
My daughter and I yelled out happy birthday to him when he had to retrieve the ball off the fence...then a voice from behind yells out...'cause after this year you're nothing but a poofter! (the timing was gold)

Last edited:
The reality is that we couldn't keep both with the money on offer from other clubs and we kept the one who really wanted to stay.

Foran is a very good player but his attitude to the club has been pretty ordinary.

His decision making tonight was pretty poor.
I wouldn't say he wasn't trying. I just think he's got one eye on next year.
I doubt the Squeels would have been thrilled with their 7 figure signing tonight.
Are we looking forward to getting Myles after that performance? Hate to say it, but he was outplayed by our powderpuff pack.

Although he was never a speedster, I actually believe he has lost some speed and as such doesn't represent the same threat to defensive lines that he had in the past. As mentioned by other posters, we will miss his combination and experience down the left hand attacking side, but for $1.2 mil, the squeels can have him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8