What chance vs Cows??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Your optimism is commendable Turbo.

We could win three of those four. One is at home, two against teams we have the historic wood on, including at their home grounds (and Manly has already beaten Cronulla this year). The other, well I think Brisbane will probably win it, although we have a good record against that lot too.

Last edited:
I think Manly can beat the Cowboys.
It's at Brookie and Manly's defence has improved.
We can beat them in the forwards but without Tom turbo, Stewart and Tafoua; DCE, Lyon and Matai will have to play well.
Hopefully Thurston keeps throwing intercept passes.
Manly by 10

Another five day turn around, back line riddled with injuries and the cowboys are hot to trot, it looks bad. But I'll always like our chances. I'll never forget how close we came last season to pinching a win in Townsville with an injury riddled team.
If we play like we did today we'll lose by fifty, but we won't, so we won't. Cowboys have lost 2 of their 3 away games (yes, to high quality opponents) and Penrith pushed them too. I don't think it's as dire as some do.

If Snake is out and Tom's out for a few weeks its going to make it hard on everyone, though regardless I can see DCE copping most of the blame (he's an easy target for some).

Without Snake, Tom and Jorge we have lost our 3 most lethal try scoring weapons. Its going to be very hard covering for them.

And what is going to work against Snake and Tom is that we have yet ANOTHER 5 day turn around before facing NQ who I believe came out of the Speels win with no major injuries to report.

I am the eternal optimist as well (life is too short not to be). I think we are in with a good chance. Sounds like we will be without both Snake (def) and ?Tommy Turbo. Baz considering Dylan at fullback as per the pressor. If he does we may then see Api at six. Will be interesting seeing the final makeup of Saturdays team.

Well there might be a plane crash on the way down from Townsville; there's always that chance.

Another eternal optimist here so in going to say we win by 6.

Being the eternal optimist I'm also assuming they lose JT, Morgan, Taumololo, Scott and Granville in a 5 way head clash in the first set and play the rest of the match with 12 men.

To beat the cowpokes would require an improvement of at least 50 percent on what we saw today. The serious injuries and yet again short turn around make it really hard to get a result but the whingers proved the other night that if you can get your defence sorted you can trouble them. We are big outsiders in this game I think.

Another eternal optimist here so in going to say we win by 6.

Being the eternal optimist I'm also assuming they lose JT, Morgan, Taumololo, Scott and Granville in a 5 way head clash in the first set and play the rest of the match with 12 men.
With bowling pin sound effect for further comedic effect :)

So Snake is out, and most likely Tom aswell. Big deal. Neither are on fire at the moment, dam Tom was terrible whilst at wing.

Every young player needs an opportunity.
Every team has its right fit.

Willy Army took his opportunity today again well done.

Some change especially getting some more youth, into the side and may be move an older statesmen might be just what we need.

Walker to has serious Merrit, I will put Skivvy in that same category as well.

A fullback willing to run the ball is not what we have had this year.

Skivvy is a leader, a great ball player, they biggest complainy, at centre he isnt getting his hands on the ball enough. He was amazing in NZ because he went searching in the middle for it.

Injuries happenn. But when our team currently just dosent have the right fit. Being forced to make changes could well be Barrett's biggest friend.

It'll be tough but I'm not writing us off.

We're not expected to win so no pressure.

Injuries, 5 day turnaround and playing the premiers. It'll be a famous win if the boys do it.

So the Cows have been very consistent, have minimal injuries if any, have had the same well gelled pack for while now.

Now for us The Mighty Eagles, we have been inconsistent, have umpteen injuries, have had pretty much a different pack in every round so far, we will be coming off a 5 day turn around. Seriously in all reality we have a 5% chance of winning.

However anything is possible and amazing things can happen sometimes, but it is a yeah nah from me.

Who remembers that game 2011 against the Roosters about rd 4. We had not had a win, our usual slow start to the year. Same thing a stack of backs out. Possibly Will Hopoates first game. Up against last year's grand finalist.

When the chips are down is when Manly stand up.

Enter....................

• 👍
Reactions: mbe
Enough excuses. It's Brooky Oval. And this team is already over due for a win at Brooky. Put your get down and dirty game faces on this week boys. We need this win.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6