What are you listening to now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
:)
Birdman, spy v spy

actually two of my favourite albums are
- Do the Pops (a 2cd compilation of Australian Garage and Punk)
- Shake some Action (another compilation)

Springsteen's Born to Run , remembering Clarence Clemons.

And strangely enough an album by Tom Russell called Blood and Candlesmoke. A great record my a great singer songwriter of the Tex/Max genre.

Eddie Vedder - Ukelele Songs, excellent new album

Neil Young - A Treasure, new live album from early Eighties.

Might get myself some tickets to Roger Waters who will be here in Feb next year with The Wall tour.

Machine Head just released a song from their new album (due out mid sept.), sounding very nice. It shocks me how underrated Dave McClain is as a drummer, especially when you hear his new work.

Brilliant song, can't wait for the album & their next tour. Best live band I've ever seen.

TISM - Great truckin songs of the Renaissance
Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mining

here's a few randoms

Midnight Oil: 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
INXS : Kick
Silverchair: Young Modern
Cog: The New Normal
John Farnham: Whispering Jack
Cold Chisel: East
ACDC: Back in Black
Crowded House: Woodface
Regurgitator: Tu-plang
Spiderbait: Ivy and the Big apples

AC/DC - Powerage,TNT and Back In Black
Nick Cave - Boatmans Call
Chisel - East
Oils - 10 to 1
Saints - Stranded
Paul Kelly - Gossip
Richard Clapton - Goodbye Tiger
Rose Tattoo - Rose Tattoo

Pretty hard to pick a top ten, lots of quality out there. Off of the top of my head & in no particular order...

Midnight Oil - 10, 9, 8...
The Vines - Highly Evolved
INXS - Kick
You Am I - Sound as Ever
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
Regurgitator - Unit
Radio Birdman - Radios Appear
Spy V Spy - Trash the Planet
TISM - Machiavelli and the Four Seasons
The Living End - Self Titled

Honourable mentions to Tame Impala, Hilltop Hoods, Grinspoon & The Waifs among others.

Wolfpack said:
Pretty hard to pick a top ten, lots of quality out there. Off of the top of my head & in no particular order...

INXS - Kick
You Am I - Sound as Ever
Regurgitator - Unit

Honourable mentions to Tame Impala, Hilltop Hoods, Grinspoon & The Waifs among others.

can i join in!?
1. living eyes-radio birdman
2. im stranded- the saints
3.go betweens- before hollywood
4. the triffids- born sandy devotional
5.regurgitator-tu plang
6. ac dc- back in black
7.sunnyboys
8.silverchair- frostomp
9.puul kelly- gossip
10.nick cave- tender prey

not in that order....and im sure i rattled them off that quick...therell be othetrs.

herballlistic said:
Wolfpack said:

INXS - Kick
You Am I - Sound as Ever
Regurgitator - Unit

can i join in!?
1. living eyes-radio birdman
2. im stranded- the saints
3.go betweens- before hollywood
4. the triffids- born sandy devotional
5.regurgitator-tu plang
6. ac dc- back in black
7.sunnyboys
8.silverchair- frostomp
9.puul kelly- gossip
10.nick cave- tender prey

not in that order....and im sure i rattled them off that quick...therell be othetrs.
hmm...and only 3 bris bands..

Mettalica - Unforgiven,most of the black album and power ballads such as One,Unforgiven II and Fade to black

Offspring - Your gunna go far kid,Smash,half truism,countless others that are not part of their "sold out" phase mid and post Americana

Nickleback - Most of them

Linkin Park - Anything that doesnt include rap

Korn - Got the life and other strong titles

The Eagles - Hotel California

RHCP - Most of californications album,nothing much though

Panic at the disco - ty4tmmrs,Lying....something about a girl,few others

Fallout boy - Beat it,few others

Seether - Never gunna dance again

Evanescense - most of them

they love Butterfly effect on Triple J.

Daniel said:
they love Butterfly effect on Triple J.

No doubt.

I was a fan of their first EP but they have gone way down hill since then. Funnily enough one of my first ever live shows was The Butterfly Effect. Sneaking into pubs to watch bands & getting roadies to buy you beers, good times.

Bliss and eso another favourite of Triple J.

That is the problem with Triple J these days, it has far too many Hipsters involved in it and in its audience, their basis for decisions is the "alternative" rather than the good.

I still enjoy Triple J, especially programs like hack but the hipster "cool" side of it grinds my gears. It's basically a whole lot of "Duff's" ;)

This is true with pretty much anything though, as soon as you involve hipsters they generally find a way to ruin it for everyone else.

I don't really mind Bliss n Eso (though I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them) but even as far as Australian hip hop goes they are way behind groups like Hilltop Hoods & Drapht.

F**king Duff.

Yes I blame Duff!

Exactly right, really Hilltop Hoods are far and above the best Australian hip-hop act lyrically more so.

40-21 is out now, http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/alltime/11/countdown/cd_31-40.htm .

Angus & f**king Julia Stone? FFS Duff you s**tc**t, stop ruining music. That is an absolute travesty, Angus & Julia stone should be in the basement of the 'Top 100 Australian artists to fail miserably' poll, to not only have them in the top 100 but for them to make the 50 of that 100 will do me. Both of their albums are utter abortions.

No 10, 9, 8... In the top 10 either, that's a big fail right there.

Good to see You Am I & The Vines pop up though, very nice. Stoked to see Karnivool up so high as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6