What about this f...ing year!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A significant number of Manly fans seem to be unravelling emotionally ...........
The law of averages says we have to have a mediocre season at some stage, but I get the distinct impression that coach Geoff Toovey (and Manly players in general) think that law is an ass.
Firstly we have a right to unravell emotionally because we have to put up with media clowns like beetroot face and his ilk spewing their vitriol at us every day.
Secondly we had our mediocre years in 2007,09,10,12,13,14....we were'nt premiers.@;)

There has been so much emphasis on the FUTURE of these two blokes and all of it is valid discussion. BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS YEAR !!!

But what I cant cop is that these blokes are being paid HUGE MONEY to play for us NOW and for the rest of 2015! How can we possible preparing for a season with all this rubbish going on. It is absolutely impossible. I want to win a title this year like very year and to have that hope held to ransom by two guys who were given everything by this club is absolutely ridiculous.

You took the words out of my mouth @susan - or my thoughts exactly. Well said! Our season looks screwed before its even started, thanks to those two guys. How can they focus on doing their jobs properly for what they're being so highly paid.
And you're right, why couldn't the other interested clubs do their negotiations weeks ago when they had all the time in the world?! No, they had to wait till a week out from the season launch and railroad our campaign.
I'm still hoping Foran sticks to his words (late last year) and settles his contract issues one way or the other before the season begins.
As for DCE, well I'm over him now.

Just imagine for one second your Brett Stewart. You find out your brother who you have been playing with for over a decade has to be shuffled off to Redfern, because some young kid comes in, demanding earth & moon be moved to sign him, because he has to "do what's best for his family".

Does it not then stand to reason guys like Matai, Choc, Bullet and others who have taken a haircut to remain gets the ****s with this selfish prick, who claims, "I'm enjoying the process" while more & more players are displaced because of that?

Honestly, I don't care if we are talking Cooper Cronk, Jonathan Thurston & others who are streets better than Daly, yet potentially getting paid much less. If they are being as openly disruptive as DCE, then I just want him to **** off.

Play Jack Littlejohn. Kid would probably play all year with an absolute smile on his face, and you know what, that's what would make me enjoy the game. Players like JSL, Wolfy when he first came in, and others who are so obviously passionate about the place.

These kids have just burnt their bridges for mine - and I'm seeing a lot of passionate, usually very positive and supportive fans starting to grow distant from the team - if it actually IS that - a "team".

The reality is that our season could be over before it has even started if the big 2 defect to other clubs or on the other hand the boost it will give the whole club could well propel the team to another premiership. It is a fine line but hopefully by the clubs season launch this can all finally be put to bed one way or another.

The reality is that our season could be over before it has even started if the big 2 defect to other clubs or on the other hand the boost it will give the whole club could well propel the team to another premiership. It is a fine line but hopefully by the clubs season launch this can all finally be put to bed one way or another.

The boost it would give our battle worn team and over-it fans would be insignificant compared to the collective groan of the rest ot the league community who currently have their hearts set on some Manly pain.

It's been going on since Des left, when everyone else seemed more excited than us even though we (yes us fans did our job too) had just won a comp.

Since then the haters have been obsessed with the ever imminent Manly exodus and they have been surprised a few times when it just hasn't happened.

If after all this bs both halves sign new deals the haters will have to accept that the exodus idea was just a myth and **** off back to their own loser teams.

A nice consolation prize there anyway for anyone who has decided they would now prefer for one or both to bugger off.

If they sign elsewhere then they need to be released now. It will be a pointless season otherwise and most of us will have little emotion attached to the team this year if they are heading off in 2016.
Spot on Mick. That's exactly how I feel at the moment.

If you think what is happening with these 2 blokes right now isnt hurting the club , well you are either very very optimistic or have rocks in your head..

we are 2 weeks away from kick off and the team dont know whats happening with the halves..

The team is divided in a sense , not a happy camp.
For what ever reason/reasons these players have , at the moment they are not united as a team.
There are issues and i dont think it will be resolved in a quick space of time..

Too many incidents which were in public pointed to problems , (how about behind the scenes ).

- the reaction by certain players with gift leaving
- watmough & his mouth....... and now gone
- foran & toovey having it out
- matai asking for release .i have no idea what made him resign
- Halves future ??????
- the unity of the players , end of last year was just so disappointing

The body language and effort & attitude last year with some were like actions of wooden spooners , FFS we were 1st clear by 4 points with 6 weeks left.

Unless there is a HUGE kiss & make up session , im not confident at all this year. (unfortuntely)

Even if they both stay there's only one way we'll make top 8 that they play as a combination & not as individuals.Can anyone see that happening.

Not interested in watching or analysing the halves if this is their last year at Manly so will give this year a miss if this is the case or until replacements come in due to injury.

Not against the players leaving at all just find it hard to motivate myself to enjoy the performances or to look for areas of improvement in key attacking players when it is pointless.

Some will be happy I guess lol less dribble.

Not interested in watching or analysing the halves if this is their last year at Manly so will give this year a miss if this is the case or until replacements come in due to injury.

Not against the players leaving at all just find it hard to motivate myself to enjoy the performances or to look for areas of improvement in key attacking players when it is pointless.

Oh well, there's the first positive thing that will come if we lose them...:p:p

Less neck-tattoo dribble.

I call you out as a fake, TC, you never refer to DNA or identical twins

Less neck-tattoo dribble.

I call you out as a fake, TC, you never refer to DNA or identical twins
I think WhatNow illustrated my point better than I could have dribbled on.

Hopefully WhatNow is to Parramatta as Kennedy was to Manly this should be his goal---to toughen up the playing group.

Problem is more Tattoos increases the fail level 10x's over.....

We could ask the same question every year lol. Always something going on for us to rant about. Hopefully, by weeks end, we get all the contract crap out of the way, and start looking forward to a great season from the boys.

Just imagine for one second your Brett Stewart. You find out your brother who you have been playing with for over a decade has to be shuffled off to Redfern, because

... he's too old and too often injured?

Play Jack Littlejohn. Kid would probably play all year with an absolute smile on his face, and you know what, that's what would make me enjoy the game.

Until we lose every game. Will you defend him then?

Will you, Ryan, stand by Jack Littlejohn when Manly Sea Eagles have lost 5 games in a row?

Last edited:
If the case is that one or both of our halves sign elsewhere for '16 and we don't throw our full support behind the team for the 2015 season we are acknowledging that 1 or 2 individuals are larger than the club.
Not counting the halves there will 15 others in our top 17 playing their guts out for Manly while NSW cup boys battle each week for a chance in the top squad.
The media, all opposition teams and fans, and possibly even the NRL try to bring us down. Don't let it happen.
However this plays out and whatever adversity we face, support Manly through thick and thin.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2