What a sweet night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Is there anything better than beating this filthy mob ? To do it twice is one season as only bettered for me by a premiership win

The moment of Slater being steamrolled by Williams, and then Williams smashing him in defence will be replayed many, many times by me. In fact all night we hammered him, I loved it

Was a great team effort out there tonight, hard to fault much of that effort.

The forwards were outstanding. Kite really led from the front, outside of the penalty, Choc was great. Stewart I have never seen as aggressive as he has been lately, some real intent in his tackling, love it. Galuvao good in extra mins off the bench, and Rose and King helped carry that load well too.
Now, I have left 1 bloke out so far, my man of the match, Shane Rodney
What an outstanding purchase we got, that was his best match in Manly colours. Ran strongly with the ball, was always poking through the other side, solid in defence and on there for the full 80mins, an absolute blinder

In the halves, Foran was brilliant as well. His kick chase was a real standout, especially the aggression in it. Hodko started the match off really well then faded a wee bit

Lyon, exceptional player. No need to write much about him, he is all class. Only thing we need to do is stop him grubbering on the 2nd and 3rd tackles !! Matai was solid on the other side, although not as aggressive as I hoped for

Both wingers were quietish, but as mentioned earlier, the Rex over Billy is a great moment

Hoppa, looked solid, and his strength surprises me, great effort for his 1st effort at fullback for 80mins

Need to mention Perry, after his final match in our colours. I will remember the role he played in getting us the premiership, he had a great season there. Last 2 have been disappointing, but his role in the comp win shouldn't be forgotten. Was very disappointed to see his final play being a hair pull, Manly is a better club than that.

Very, very disappointing crowd there tonight. But those that were there did us proud.

an intriguing week coming up, as Hodko may miss a week I think. Will Des throw Cherry in ?

would have been nice to put another couple of tries on them, but with Ballin going off we lost a lot of our attack with the fill in dummy halves

Bring on the Goons next monday

Great summation as always Kiwi.  It was a solid win but their's still at lot of room for improvement.

The second half was patchy although we did win the half and our intensity didn't drop off too much.

One area of Foran and Hodko's game that needs a a lot of improvement is their kicking.  In general this was substandard tonight as has been throughout the season.  It shouldn't be that hard to find some space and if close to the line kick a deft bomb or pressure kick for our men to come chasing through.  Sure the Storm were up in their faces and putting some fear into them by taking them out late but if we are to win the comp this year we can't be giving the opposition easy ball from kicks.

Agree Kiwi. Great all round effort tonight. Rodney was awesome, but I was most imprest with Hoppa. I thought he was great tonight. I think he will fit in well whilst Farrar is out. I like him more at full back than on the wing, where we saw him in his first couple of games.

We may see young Cherry- Evans next week as think Hodko is in a bit of strife. Hopefully Choc and Ballin are OK. I think Perry may have played his last game for the eagles. 

excellent kiwi
perfect summary
and you're dead right about Rodney
he's a turbo charged Willo
never makes mistakes, work rate is phenomenal, tackles really strongly
and never lets up all match
Slater is a dog and T Rex destroyed him
great night

BAZ link said:
excellent kiwi
perfect summary
and you're dead right about Rodney
he's a turbo charged Willo
never makes mistakes, work rate is phenomenal, tackles really strongly
and never lets up all match
Slater is a dog and T Rex destroyed him
great night

And he can kick goals as well (Rodney)

Very well said, KE, and fully agree with you.

Thought you'd like to know (if you don't already) that the Players' Player and Best & Fairest Award tonight went to Shane Rodney - a most deserving winner....but then the whole team deserved it!

After watching DCE today play for the SSCSE, and they smashed Norths who were 2nd, I would not worry about DCE being thrown in next week. He has a touch of class about his play. He needs some exposure now so that next year he can slot in straight away. I really hope he gets a go next week perfect baptism for him against the dragqueens.

a great night and a happy 2 hour drive home!! That was gold old Eagles footy!1 threw it around, played tough, that's all we can ask, well done Des and the boys

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7