What a joke the Qlders are.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183364.msg263325#msg263325 date=1274753296]
  Let them belt the tripe out of each other UFC style for our entertainment, preferably with White, Slater, Inglis, Smith, Thurston, Lockyer, Perry, Weyman, Hayne killed. 
mate i know you muck around alot to provoke banter on here
but in all honestly in my time supporting manly thats the most disgraceful thing ive seen a manly supporter post.
Fancy saying u'd like to see a premiership winning player dead.

Thats a new low even for you.
Your not in africa now sunshine its a bloody game
[/quote]

Man up Cambo, he doesn't actually mean that

Matabele link said:
When I think of NSW I can think of only one word to describe them.  Jealous. 

Yes, I know. Late again.

Jealous of QLD? I think not. It's a truly dismal, shallow hole & a blight on the country.

Jealous of Melbourne (the place, not the team)? Yes, but QLD, no.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=183364.msg263385#msg263385 date=1274788981]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183364.msg263380#msg263380 date=1274786366]
Can someone explain to SER8 what hyperbole means please?  Fro?
I still wasn't sure what hyperbole was so I looked it up. This is the example I found:

•"Ladies and gentlemen, I've been to Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than all of them put together."
(Kent Brockman, The Simpsons)

[/quote]  If he was talking about Bathurst, it's not hyperbole.
[/quote]

ahh the tall poppy syndrome rearing its particularly ugly head.

Dan link said:
Man up Cambo, he doesn't actually mean that

What is this zaphod. Are you trying to tell us that mata is often full of **** and says things purly to provoke hilarious and often over the top reactions to his opinion.

Preposterous!

Actually it's a great spot to live, wonderful weather, great looking girls (and I mean GREAT) they only have a few things going wrong for them

1) Anna Bligh-a disgrace
2) The Bronco's- a disgrace, hate them with a passion
3) The Titans- the new "love child" of the NRL, dislike them as well

Honourable mentions

4) The Cowboys-ok NQ should have a football team so I'll accept them
5) The Lions-I don't care much for AFL but I suppose they can't hurt
6)The Reds...usually a wasted of time and money, did ok this year.

Other than that it's rosey up here...most of the time!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Actually it's a great spot to live, wonderful weather, great looking girls (and I mean GREAT) they only have a few things going wrong for them

1) Anna Bligh-a disgrace
3) The Titans- the new \"love child\" of the NRL, dislike them as well

Honourable mentions

All a matter of opinion really. I can't agree with any of your positives on that one.

Note that my dislike of QLD stems not from jealousy (which is a common but unfounded view of the Queenslander) but from the fact that every time I've been there, I've failed to see anything good about it.
It seems to me to be like a big version of the Central Coast with stinking hot weather.

Give me Tasmanian weather with Melbourne style any day. Just because QLD girls might show more of themselves doesn't meean they're better looking.

The State of Origin telecast has been transferred to Pay TV's Adult channel.

Apparently 17 NSW arseholes being hammered for 80 minutes is not deemed suitable for commercial TV.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183364.msg263448#msg263448 date=1274855171]

1) Anna Bligh-a disgrace
3) The Titans- the new \"love child\" of the NRL, dislike them as well

Honourable mentions

Who prefers the cold....honestly.....oh you're a ranga aren't you :) sorry

All a matter of opinion really. I can't agree with any of your positives on that one.

Note that my dislike of QLD stems not from jealousy (which is a common but unfounded view of the Queenslander) but from the fact that every time I've been there, I've failed to see anything good about it.
It seems to me to be like a big version of the Central Coast with stinking hot weather.

Give me Tasmanian weather with Melbourne style any day. Just because QLD girls might show more of themselves doesn't meean they're better looking.
[/quote]

why quote duff then delete it?

queensland have had all the running in 50/50's and the refs from 20 minutes until 70 minutes when the game was done. Then the even up happened to make it look close....

Still scratching my head as to why Gidley, Creagh & Cooper were even considered for Origin.

What a bunch of hacks, stop bringing the St.Choke spirit to the Blues.

Cooper was the right pick for a centre spot, 1st one picked if Lyon is at 6. Creagh is a fair enough selection as well

Gidley is not a rep fullback, and Kimmorley is the obvious 7 and doing a good job at it at the moment

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Gidley is not a rep fullback, and Kimmorley is the obvious 7 and doing a good job at it at the moment

It wont happen, but I'm still hoping that Dugan will get the fullback job for NSW. Gidley is useless & i'd rather leave Hayne out on the wing in rep footy due to his questionable positioning at fullback. QLD would carve straight through him (Still better than Gidley however).

Cooper was abysmal, a bit suprised by how he played. Did more harm to us than good. Surely can't get reselected, if Jamie's got no heart then I don't know how to describe this bloke.

Funny thing is even with the fairly useless team that NSW had, they only ended up losing by 4. It'd be great to see what we could do with the level of talent at the moment if only we had a decent coach & board of selectors.

Wolfpack link said:
Funny thing is even with the fairly useless team that NSW had, they only ended up losing by 4.
  Only because they were gifted two tries from blatant knock-ons.  (Creagh and Watmough)

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183364.msg263510#msg263510 date=1274876095]

It wont happen, but I'm still hoping that Dugan will get the fullback job for NSW. Gidley is useless & i'd rather leave Hayne out on the wing in rep footy due to his questionable positioning at fullback. QLD would carve straight through him (Still better than Gidley however).

Cooper was abysmal, a bit suprised by how he played. Did more harm to us than good. Surely can't get reselected, if Jamie's got no heart then I don't know how to describe this bloke.

Funny thing is even with the fairly useless team that NSW had, they only ended up losing by 4. It'd be great to see what we could do with the level of talent at the moment if only we had a decent coach & board of selectors.
[/quote]

ahhh did you watch the game?

Hayne can not play wing, he can't call his centre out and he goes in for tackles he shouldn't leaving us exposed, he needs to be fullback or dont bother putting him in the team

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2