What a joke the Qlders are.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz link said:
It was more of a case of QLD getting in first and NSW (at the time) thinking that they had better options on the go
  I kind of agree with you on this.  It's worth looking at the context of the situation to understand the decision.  It happened around the time NSW had won 3 straight and there were dire predictions it would be the death of Origin as Queensland were becoming uncompetitive, NSW having the sheer weight of numbers.

Therefore either NSW did not resist to hard, because a significant cash cow was at risk if Qld couldn't get its act together, or perhaps they were even told to let it slide. 

It's interesting that the same sentiment isn't around now with NSW staring down the barrel of 5 straight.  It seems little brother knocking over big brother is a better byline to a drama? 

Well at least there is some level of competition & boisterous interest in the SOO in this forum, because the lead up in the media is pretty boring this year.

Stuff the queenslanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooohoooooooooooooo.

I just hope the reprisals from the last 75 seconds of last year continue.  I hate NSW and Qld is populated by grubby Storm cheats and other unsavoury characters.  Let them belt the tripe out of each other UFC style for our entertainment, preferably with White, Slater, Inglis, Smith, Thurston, Lockyer, Perry, Weyman, Hayne killed. 

Matabele link said:
I just hope the reprisals from the last 75 seconds of last year continue.  I hate NSW and Qld is populated by grubby Storm cheats and other unsavoury characters.  Let them belt the tripe out of each other UFC style for our entertainment, preferably with White, Slater, Inglis, Smith, Thurston, Lockyer, Perry, Weyman, Hayne killed. 

Well not completely.

Matabele link said:

You forgot Kimorely

Damn, I'm too late, it's all been said.

I agree with the sentiment of the original post but unfortunately we need to have a national game in order to compete in any way with any other code.

Just to make myself feel better, here's some words that spring to mind.
Rednecks, Banjo-pluckers, Hillbillys, Inbreds, Bogans, Red-dotters and sunstroke victims.

Matabele link said:

nah I dont want them killed - just castrated. 

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183364.msg263325#msg263325 date=1274753296]

[/quote]

Thats just not possible with Slater.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=183364.msg263357#msg263357 date=1274774174]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183364.msg263325#msg263325 date=1274753296]

[/quote]

Thats just not possible with Slater.
[/quote]

Of course it is - you could castrate him by cutting his head off

Matabele link said:
Wishing them to be killed is pretty poor form, especially when Perry is a Manly player.

Matabele link said:
Can someone explain to SER8 what hyperbole means please?  Fro?
I still wasn't sure what hyperbole was so I looked it up. This is the example I found:

•"Ladies and gentlemen, I've been to Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than all of them put together."
(Kent Brockman, The Simpsons)

It's a good example, I now understand the concept!

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183364.msg263380#msg263380 date=1274786366]
Can someone explain to SER8 what hyperbole means please?  Fro?
I still wasn't sure what hyperbole was so I looked it up. This is the example I found:

•"Ladies and gentlemen, I've been to Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than all of them put together."
(Kent Brockman, The Simpsons)

[/quote]  If he was talking about Bathurst, it's not hyperbole.

Matabele link said:
  Let them belt the tripe out of each other UFC style for our entertainment, preferably with White, Slater, Inglis, Smith, Thurston, Lockyer, Perry, Weyman, Hayne killed. 
mate i know you muck around alot to provoke banter on here
but in all honestly in my time supporting manly thats the most disgraceful thing ive seen a manly supporter post.
Fancy saying u'd like to see a premiership winning player dead.

Thats a new low even for you.
Your not in africa now sunshine its a bloody game

Just making sure people are aware that I am actually from NSW...after reading this I wasn't sure I was safe the next time I see anyone!!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8