What a joke the Qlders are.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sydsider

Reserve Grader
I wonder if anyone has come to the same conclusion as i have? Since Bennet,Ribot and co have got their way with the super league war the game has slowly but surely degenerated into the farce we have now with the Melbourne scums connection with the so called Qlders.
The common denominator is the bloody Qlders again.I say we get rid of all Qld involvement in the Sydney comp.Let them have their own comp to control everything and give them a footy show that way we dont have to put up with their inbred redneck,bib and brace wearing antics.
Good onya Qld youve made a great contribution to the Sydney comp.All super league affiliated teams must be eliminated to bring back our once great NSWRL teams.Steelers,Magpies,Bears,Jets,a new central coast team.Gees that means we could get rid of Broncos,Cowboys,Titans,Scum and the so called Warriors.

Gee that would make for quality football each week. Why don't you just go and watch NSW Cup?  Specks and logs calling Queenslanders gibberers on the above form.

Part of loving this game is hating certain teams. Everyone hates us andcwe hate everyone else. That's the way it is, has been and forever will be

The original post includes some undeniable truths, but may not go far enough. A number of Sydney-siders were also involved with the super league war, so the answer may be to also exclude all Sydney clubs and make a comp out of rural NSW (also excluding ACT of course).

With this scenario we could watch dreadful dross like tonight's game week in and week out.  Can't wait.  (Actually I've ended up watching the AFL).

The original post is right in that the whole SuperLeague stupidity, whilst about TV from Murdoch's point of view, was also about breaking the power in Sydney -  Warriors, Broncos, Cowboys, Raiders, Reds, Rams and the only Sydney involvement was from clubs who saw the writing on the wall with supposed mergers in a rationalised League - Penrith (junior to Eels), Sharks (junior to Dragons and struggling) plus the Scum Dogs (who were wary of the other Super Clubs and desperate to stay ahead of the rest. Those Sydney Clubs did the unforgivable and stuck their finger up to clubs that had supported them since day one and they showed nothing but self-interest. That they all remain is a festering sore as far as I am concerned.

It is too late to go back but the quicker that clubs have to stand on their own two feet rather than with the help of News, the better.

The worm has turned and it seems that Melbourne and Brisbane are the in same seat in which they so hated when Manly and the Roosters were perceived to have nepotism and undue influence in the running of the game.

I forgot to add my yearly whinge:

HOW ON EARTH CAN INGLIS BE A QUEENSLANDER when according to the rules he played in the Commonwealth Bank Cup for a NSW team, months before he played in QLD. That and the fact he lived all his life in Kempsey/Bowraville and represented NSW at U17 and U19 age-groups. It is a Joke!!! Melbourne is a QLD based team and a front!!!

Best place for yellow belly turncoats like Inglis is Queensland, NSW have more respect for their jumper than to let him wear the mighty Blue. He can join those other died in the wool Queenslanders like Adrian Lam, Toni Carroll, Brad Thorn, and now Ben Te'o. Queensland will prostitute their jumper to anyone, they have very little pride. 

Chip & Chase link said:
Best place for yellow belly turncoats like Inglis is Queensland, NSW have more respect for their jumper than to let him wear the mighty Blue. He can join those other died in the wool Queenslanders like Adrian Lam, Toni Carroll, Brad Thorn, and now Ben Te'o. Queensland will prostitute their jumper to anyone, they have very little pride. 
  Much like NSW's flying Fijian winger, Jarrod Hayne huh?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183364.msg263142#msg263142 date=1274447744]
[/quote]

So where about's on Fiji is Cabramatta?

To be fair Hayne did grow up playing with Falou...wait a second.....

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183364.msg263142#msg263142 date=1274447744]
[/quote]

That's a bit disingenuous of you. Anyone who knows anything about RL knows that the qualification criteria for the World Cup was extremely relaxed, otherwise it would have been a bigger farce than Inglis classing himself as a Queenslander. Nice try though.

Canteen Worker link said:

HOW ON EARTH CAN INGLIS BE A QUEENSLANDER when according to the rules he played in the Commonwealth Bank Cup for a NSW team, months before he played in QLD. That and the fact he lived all his life in Kempsey/Bowraville and represented NSW at U17 and U19 age-groups. It is a Joke!!! Melbourne is a QLD based team and a front!!!
  Clearly this causes angst for you Blues fellows.  Tell me though, if it is as open and shut as you suggest, then why did/does not NSW contest it?  Perhaps it's because they actually do qualify for Qld under the rules, and chose to qualify themselves that way (as Matt Rogers did too, much to his father's horror).

Other suggestions for the non-contesting?  They probably border on hysterical conspiracy theories.  You current five eighth doesn''t want to represent the Blues.  How smart would it be to have a whole backline without their heart in it?  (Some would say it has always been that way). 

For what it's worth, my eldest son is a rabid Blues supporter (on account of birth) and has informed me that despite living in Queensland he wishes to play his first game after 16 over the border.  I somehow suspect he has delusions of grandeur about ever reaching that level, but I'll grant his wish to keep the dream alive. 

It was more of a case of QLD getting in first and NSW (at the time) thinking that they had better options on the go

As for Lyon think what you may but he appears to have his heart back into it – but then again QLD have always had a mortgage on “passion”....what a crock that is....

Inglis spent no more than six months of his life during his final year of school and first year of Senior football in QLD - he played in Comm Bank cup for a NSW team and then was picked up later in the same comp by a QLD school looking to buy a title by buying a NSW state representative. He did what anyone did and took the money. How that makes him a QLDer I do not know. I believe he played a game of two for Brisbane Norths as well before being shuffled down to Melbourne.

At 17 one would be happy to play for anyone that would pick you, but that does not make you a QLDer.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=183364.msg263141#msg263141 date=1274445724]

Clearly this causes angst for you Blues fellows.  Tell me though, if it is as open and shut as you suggest, then why did/does not NSW contest it?  Perhaps it's because they actually do qualify for Qld under the rules, and chose to qualify themselves that way (as Matt Rogers did too, much to his father's horror).

[/quote]

Actually the late Steve Rogers told me himself when he was running the NTRL that under the SOO rules he was actually a Qlder and Matt was a NSWelshman.

Go figure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4