What a Disgrace !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One of the worst loses in the clubs history and a complete and utter embarrassment for the club.

Yes it was a strong season but this year will be remembered not for that but for offering up such an inept performance when playing for a spot in a Grand Final.

Unfortunately Commander, you are correct. It just wasn't our year.

Hear Matai swore at a reporter at the airport. No one waved us off but plenty "welcomed" us back! Could be a big worry with Mad Monday and some of our players!

RE: What a Disrgace !

Aetna said:
Mr Krabs said:
Im with you mate , thought I was watching Parramatta play
I don't think even the Eels could play that bad. Jamie Lyon & Brett Stewart can hold their heads up. The rest of them were either injured, tired, lacking in confidence or they had their mind elsewhere.

With the exeption of last nights performance which was probably MWSE 2nd worst performance in the last 30 years, finishing 4th in the NRL ladder & one match away from making the 2012 GF, it was a very good season considering all the injuries, suspensions, board room fighting, player contract speculations, head coach & coaching stuff leaving, players leaving or leaving next season plus a Toyota Cup team which was getting cricket scores against them.

By the way the worst performance by a MWSE team was in match at Brookvale Oval against Penrith about 11 years ago to make the top 8 in which the Panthers which I think were running last put over 60 points against Manly.

Wash your mouth out!!! That was the Northern Eagles.

RE: What a Disrgace !

Napper said:
Mr Krabs said:
Im with you mate , thought I was watching Parramatta play

CRAAAAB PEOPLE CRAAAAAB PEOPLE!

Yeah, i want Taufua choc and Glenn to send roses and a 'SORRY' Card to my house. Wake up you morons.

Taufua had a blinder the week before and then served up absolute puss. He wasn't the only one

Top 4 is NOT a disgrace . Missing the top 8 is . So let us all get stuck into these losers, St George Illawarra Wests Tigers Gold Coast Newcastle Sydney Roosters Warriors Penrith Parramatta .

BOZO said:
Top 4 is NOT a disgrace . Missing the top 8 is.

redArrow.gif

This

Further to what I was discussing earlier in this thread, this is an e-mail from a MWTS regular, who (like many) had paid a lot of money to go down.

"I thought it was the end of the world on Friday night, have to admit to a few tears. I was most upset that the guys did not even come over to acknowledge us, ok they lost it in the worst way themselves, but we were hurting as well. England should have prepared me for this I suppose, but even walk to half way clap in our direction and then walk off, not so hard in my eyes. Very disappointed, but will get over it. I guess we were all looking for an answer to what the hell happened on the field."

I noted that the Souths players stayed on the field on Saturday night and went around and farewelled their fans, see it's not that hard after all is it!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Further to what I was discussing earlier in this thread, this is an e-mail from a MWTS regular, who (like many) had paid a lot of money to go down.

"I thought it was the end of the world on Friday night, have to admit to a few tears. I was most upset that the guys did not even come over to acknowledge us, ok they lost it in the worst way themselves, but we were hurting as well. England should have prepared me for this I suppose, but even walk to half way clap in our direction and then walk off, not so hard in my eyes. Very disappointed, but will get over it. I guess we were all looking for an answer to what the hell happened on the field."

I noted that the Souths players stayed on the field on Saturday night and went around and farewelled their fans, see it's not that hard after all is it!!
Let us not judge our players on one bad night . We all know that they can paly better and are all better guys than that .

Correct Bozo they are, but this does happen when the lose, they walk straight off...happened in the UK (which the fan mentions), and happens when they lose in the normal rounds....I understand their heartache, but still, if it's good enough for Souths players to share their pain with their fans then it's good enough for our guys as well.

Many on here don't agree with me but a lot of the MWTS people that went were a bit peeved, so just thought I'd share one persons comment with you!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Correct Bozo they are, but ths does happen when the lose, they walk straight off...happened in the UK (which the fan mentions), and happens when they lose in the normal rounds....I understand their heartache, but still, if it's good enough for South players to share their pain with their fans then it's good enough for our guys as well.

Many on here don't agree with me but a lot of the MWTS people that went were a bit peeved, so just tought I'd one persons comment with you!!

I'd have to agree with Mark. Can fully understand how the players are so gutted they just want to get off, but its a small gesture to the fans to thank them for their efforts. Its when you don't get this, or maybe get ignored/brushed when you approach them that can leave a bad taste in a supporters mouth.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Correct Bozo they are, but ths does happen when the lose, they walk straight off...happened in the UK (which the fan mentions), and happens when they lose in the normal rounds....I understand their heartache, but still, if it's good enough for South players to share their pain with their fans then it's good enough for our guys as well.

Many on here don't agree with me but a lot of the MWTS people that went were a bit peeved, so just tought I'd one persons comment with you!!

To be fair, it is an awkward situation for any player to walk around the away stadium and acknowledge ALL the Manly fans that had made the effort to be there, especially after a loss.

Or do you propose they just walk over the biggest blob of supporters and ignore the rest scattered amongst the locals?

Would it feel great to force a player or two to approach Manly supporters when 90% of the crowd are just going to give them more grief? Listening to the boos and heckles Lyon copped when providing the on-field post-game chat, and I'm guessing 'no'.

They're human and they are hurting and (in this case) humiliated. There is no need to prolong that feeling by insisting they give another 5 mins to the opposition fans to rub it in.

maybe they think they'll get boo'ed.

Is there a club function coming up?

No I wouldn't expect them to ackowledge every Manly fan, that's ridiculous BUT there were two large Bays (9 and 10) that were full of about 500 fans.

A very simple, turn to them as a group and clap would have been enough, no one would have expected them to come over and do kisses and hugs.

It's easy to be critical of this, but there's a lot of people in the MWTS that spend a lot of money following these boys around and cheer for them win or lose, I think it's a small thing to expect...some recognition at away games of the "core group"

Yes they were hurting BUT so were the fans

Mark, I can understand why they went early, and I don't think many expected them to come over, or even acknowledge. That doesn't happen after a loss even at Brookie. Many of us over in bays 9 & 10 headed out early as well. Didn't want to put up with smug ****e from the Storm supporters. Headed back to the hotel, had a few quiet beers and slunk off to bed. Very disappointing. But, there's a new season next year, and it all starts again. I'll be watching all our GF wins back to back on the tellie on GF day. Go Manly.

Fair enough DSM, just passing on a few comments from some of the others but there is obvioulsy mixed opinions regarding this so will leave it at that point.

I must say though VERY ordinary of the NRL to make Bay 9 cat 1, almost in the corner.

Ridiculous!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
No I wouldn't expect them to ackowledge every Manly fan, that's ridiculous BUT there were two large Bays (9 and 10) that were full of about 500 fans.

A very simple, turn to them as a group and clap would have been enough, no one would have expected them to come over and do kisses and hugs.

It's easy to be critical of this, but there's a lot of people in the MWTS that spend a lot of money following these boys around and cheer for them win or lose, I think it's a small thing to expect...some recognition at away games of the "core group"

Yes they were hurting BUT so were the fans

Those wearing our colours but not being in those Bays have also likely spent a lot to be there. Please don't try and frame it as a case of 'MWTS group deserve more recognition'. Whether a fan is a MWTS in that bay, a non-MWTS in the same bay or just spread out in another area of the arena, the players simply aren't in the mindset to walk towards the stands and thank them.

The players are disappointed, sore and they are copping a gobful from a near-full stadium of opposition fans. If people feel that they are hurting that bad they need the players to come over after a loss like that, to offer some recognition, then perhaps their perspective on what 'hurt' is needs some adjustment.

Sounds a bit rough, but it [losing teams with minimal support walking off without ack] has been a feature across all clubs bowing out, especially at the completion of an important match.

Comparing it to Souths is a completely different situation, they were at their home joint with 50% of the crowd supporting them, a hell of a lot easier to do, and a group that were more happy to be in that position than our mob who were aiming a lot higher

Again, just my opinion, but no problem at all with how the players handled things, and people that are extremely upset about it are probably a bit too precious

Darren said:
Unfortunately Commander, you are correct. It just wasn't our year.

Hear Matai swore at a reporter at the airport. No one waved us off but plenty "welcomed" us back! Could be a big worry with Mad Monday and some of our players!

Mate why do you support Manly?

You hate us playing at Brooky

You think Toovs is a **** coach

You think our players are problem drinkers when Choc is the only one who has had VERY minor issues on the drink

What is wrong with you? What do you like About Manly? The colours? Every 2nd post is negative and miserable. Lighten up.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Comparing it to Souths is a completely different situation, they were at their home joint with 50% of the crowd supporting them, a hell of a lot easier to do, and a group that were more happy to be in that position than our mob who were aiming a lot higher

Again, just my opinion, but no problem at all with how the players handled things, and people that are extremely upset about it are probably a bit too precious
Unlike Souths we are used to success and Grand Finals. Our club does not accept loses as easy as Souths . I am all for the Players to high five at the crowd only after a win.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4