What a Disgrace !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: What a Disrgace !

I think more the attitude of the players on the field. Melbourne just looked hungry and wanted to win.

Melbourne were fantastic against the bunnies. They looked ruthless and switched on. They did a Manly (of last year) with gang tackles and enthusiasm and then blew them off the park with speed. I said this before but their no-names have really stepped up. What we saw last night was a continuation of that.

I don't think they will get the same room against the dogs (if that is who they play) next week. The way they are both in your face teams and the 10 mts is a joke I could see it being a close contest with a 2 or 4 pt win for one of them.

Im disappointed but this is a professional sport and the boys are not robots, they had a bad game against a team with a massive will to win that game.

I am sure the bulk of them tried their guts out as they have great pride in the maroon and white jersey. It was just one of those nights that started badly and got progressively worse. Players such as Choc, gift, king and matai were all carrying injuries and don't forgot our tough run home in last 2'months. Obviously not a great way to finish however I reckon we would have all taken 4th after all the turmoil at the start of the season. So take a chill pill relax and look forward to 2013 when we will be back bigger and better than ever.

The 3 players you named were the ones who had a dig, but cant blame halves when your fowards are dominated to that extent.
Have more good times than most teams in recent years so as frustrating as it was, its done, & hopefully buried under 100 metres of s**t on another planet.
Simply - team A turned up, team B didnt- its just we are used to being team A.

You know what's a disgrace??????

The word disgrace in the title is misspelt!

Such disgraceful spelling.

Sumdumguy said:
Obviously the players think it's alright. If you went to a concert and were dished up a performance like that you'd go to the promoter and demand your money back. I can handle losing but those blokes were a dead set joke last night. I don't go to games expecting to win all the time but I do expect them to at least be competitive.

When you follow a sports team you ride the teams highs as well as the lows. But yes, they were really off their game. It's the way these two sides work in finals. One crushes the other.

Go watch the 08 GF to rebalance.

ManlyBacker said:
Happy now GE? :)

Party on Boys and girls!!!! :)

Actually, not that happy atm, no :( but that's for some other reason, recently related to not so long ago events...that I've forgotten about already.

I will not associate our champion team with the title of this thread. We lost. We played bad. We we out gunned and now we're out. Buy a tissue if you need one but our boys deserve more credit than your negativity.
Go Manly!

Everyone handles these things differently, I can fully understand some people being furious. I too am still bitterly disappointed. However, not sure what an apology would do. I would much prefer them to use this as motivation for 2013.

We do look like a battered and bruised side and a good rest is whats needed at this point in time. To be honest this is how I thought Melbourne would be looking at this time of the year, however they got lucky with the draw late and teams who should have taken it up to them physically were also drained or badly out of form (Broncos, Tigers) and instead of them being bashed up each week they got a soft draw when they needed it and it allowed them to freshen up for the finals.

Chip and Chase said:
It's called being a supporter. Would you prefer to be still cheering for the Northern Eagles ?

"Still"? I NEVER cheered for the Northern Eagles. While all that was going on, I stopped following the game altogether... :mad:

The first semi against the dogs was THE game. A win there and a week off to freshen and we could have been in it. Soon as we lost that one deep down I knew it was a massive ask as we ended up on the tough side of the draw.

ManlyBacker said:
The first semi against the dogs was THE game. A win there and a week off to freshen and we could have been in it. Soon as we lost that one deep down I knew it was a massive ask as we ended up on the tough side of the draw.

Exactly.

ManlyBacker said:

Agreed. We really blew it with that game too. 59% completions and giving away stupid penalties its been the story of the year. Too many errors and missed tackles. Discipline and the 1% ers are where we fell down this year. Attention to detail and doing the simple things right. Kinda of like how Des coaches.......Hmmmmmmmm

If your happiness is derived through the viewing or supporting of others you have to ask yourself some serious questions to help gain some balance.

I am lost for words. We are a better team than what we showed last night . Bradman got out for a duck but he was still a champion . **** happens . We are a champion team and a proud club and we will bounce back like we always do .

Sad that they had to leave their worst to last, a disgrace?????.........it's a game, these things happen.

What IS a disgrace is a whole stack of people paid a ****load of money to support them and from what I hear they were not acknowledged in an way.

Given that they had been flogged I can well imagine that they weren't too keen on going to the fence for hugs and kisses BUT the least they could have done is congregate, and clap the fans who had laid their hard earned to support them.

I have had this discussion with Steve Gigg before, it means the world to the fans.......the fact that they didn't do it for the final time in 2012 IS a disgrace!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7