What a difference a week makes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
1 week after 3 losses in a row, and the doom and gloom has almost completely gone.

it's been very quiet here, Thursday usually sees a flurry of activity on Silvertails of people starting to talk about the game to come but nothing but silence this week.

It leads me to the conclusion that:
We have run out of things Manly Sea Eagles to talk about :(

god knows. I might have to sell my home if that happens :)

It used to be that a win drove massive hits to the site, but it seems the 3 losses in a row took the wind out of our sails a little.

Get the silvertails.net Banner up at the Game:idea:

Bones might add it to his masterpiece -
Lyons + Matai = Centres of Excellence
:D

From what I've seen over the last few weeks is that even if we lose a few big names we have the depth to cover those positions next year. Giving the young guns a run in the top grade has put everyone on notice that if you don't perform there's someone else ready to take their place i.e Whare was great at fullback last week(hope he can stay injury free)
L Foran did his job, solid performance, great defence and a very good kicking game.
J Tafua looks the goods as does some of the young forwards who looked out of their depth a few weeks ago but have now adjusted to the speed of the top grade and are very handy forwards.

It leads me to the conclusion that:
If we lose big names to other clubs we know we have suitable replacements, which in turn has eased the fears that we might not be competetive in the next few years. The crushing win over the panthers has silenced the doubting fans and posters.

Let's face it we've been spoilt with success over the last 5 or 6 years and the club will stay strong and competetive no matter who's on the field in Manly colours.

Traffic might also have slowed because none of our big name players have been linked with other clubs all week...

*touches wood*

Still waiting for Snake to announce he has signed with chooks. Now where is Ramblingfool.

HappilyManly said:

Sorry to be pedantic but it's
LYON
not Lyons ffs

Berkeley_Eagle said:
HappilyManly said:

LYON
not Lyons ffs

I, like you Berkeleys_Eagles, still can't fathom how posters and commentators keep calling him Lyons. It's Lions:D

A few posters look to have gone into hiding after they gave us no hope of beating the Panthers on Monday night.
I think after this weekend the flurry of posts will pick up before the Dogs game. Thats the 1 game this year every Manly fan has to be looking forward to.

swoop said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
HappilyManly said:

LYON
not Lyons ffs

I, like you Berkeleys_Eagles, still can't fathom how posters and commentators keep calling him Lyons. It's Lions:D

I stand corrected, but God Lyons and Killer Lyon are too close to split :blush:

Now, is it Matai or Mataus - he plays for two each week :angel:

Back on subject. Last weekends game reminds me of round 2 last season against the chooks. we were seriously down on numbers due to injury and suspension and the young guys stepped up and showed their stuff. I thought we took a great deal of confidence from that win and didn't look back for the rest of the season. I think the win last weekend will have the same impact.

Ralphie said:
Back on subject. Last weekends game reminds me of round 2 last season against the chooks. we were seriously down on numbers due to injury and suspension and the young guys stepped up and showed their stuff. I thought we took a great deal of confidence from that win and didn't look back for the rest of the season. I think the win last weekend will have the same impact.
I completely agree and thought the same. It was a real turning point in the season for us

MadMarcus said:
Traffic might also have slowed because none of our big name players have been linked with other clubs all week...

*touches wood*

Well, they have - but only by Rambofan, and no-one listens to him anymore.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
MadMarcus said:

*touches wood*

Well, they have - but only by Rambofan, and no-one listens to him anymore.

He also sounds like he touches wood too, his own :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2