What a **** club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
And we weren't allowed to assist in any of Brett's court costs were we ?

Melbourne Storm refuse to release Greg Inglis to Brisbane Broncos unless he forks out $113,000 they allege he owes in legal costs.

The money relates to defence costs from an assault charge laid against Inglis involving his fiancee Sally Robinson in August 2009.
A bitter stand-off has developed between the Storm and Inglis, with claims Melbourne are "holding the Test star to ransom" in a bid to keep him at the club next year.
Inglis, who is recovering from shoulder surgery, is due to join the Broncos in seven days, but Storm CEO Ron Gauci refuses to guarantee he'll be there.
"I don't think anything is guaranteed," Gauci said.

Inglis escaped a conviction over the incident with Robinson, but was ordered to attend a men's behavioural change program and pay $3000 to a women's health organisation in Melbourne's west.
However, it's the cost of legal fees spent over eight months to clear Inglis' name that have led to the latest sticking point.
Inglis is claiming he was given little choice as to who and how his defence was determined. It's alleged that a cost agreement was signed by a former Melbourne Storm official, with the defence of Inglis believed to be as much about clearing his name as it was preserving the Storm brand.

"And so a lot of the costs could be proportioned back to the Storm," The Sunday Telegraph was told by a source close to both parties.
"Greg has argued that he was given no choice as to who did the work and how it was done and who was involved, yet he is being told to cover the majority of costs. They appointed a QC, not Greg."
While both Inglis and the Storm have indicated they'll cover some of the legal costs, the dispute revolves around how much each should pay.
Inglis' lawyer Keith Bagley refused to discuss the matter.
"I'm Greg's lawyer and I'm bound by solicitor-client confidence. I won't be commenting," Bagley said.
Inglis' manager Allan Gainey was also unwilling to comment.
However, the source told The Sunday Telegraph: "Essentially he's being held to ransom on a release to the Broncos and he's being told that unless you allow us to deduct that money for what you would otherwise get for this season, then we're not going to give you a release.
"And they say they can get him under the salary cap (for 2011)."
Gauci described claims the club was holding Inglis to ransom as "mischievous", but he hinted that any possible release may not come until next season.
"He hasn't been released because we're trying to reconcile a statement of accounts and there are some other historical matters that we're trying to resolve," Gauci said.
"We're hoping to have it resolved over the next week or so, but the deadline is the start of next season, obviously."
Asked if there was any chance of Inglis remaining at the Storm, Gauci replied: "Anything is possible if negotiations break down. But what are the chances of him deciding to retire, what are the chances of him going overseas. . . that's such an open question."
Broncos CEO Bruno Cullen admitted the issue was a concern for his club.
"Our position is that we're just a bystander and we can only encourage all parties to get together and get it sorted as soon as possible," Cullen said.
"We start training on November 1 and that's something we'll have to get clarified in the next week because if he's not cleared by November 1, I'm not too sure of the legalities of him actually joining the squad and training."
NRL chief executive David Gallop said he was aware of the situation between Inglis and the Storm and confirming his contract with the Broncos was yet to be registered with the NRL.

Re: What a s**t club

Inglis can count himself lucky on a number of counts, and I won't state what they are due to legal reasons. But thanks to Storm's efforts he still has a career.

More colourful accounting by the Storm to keep him under their cap for next year?

I am sure that the thoroughbreds have a bit of spare cash to reimburse inligis with his legal costs.

There was plenty of argument that if Manly paid Stewart's legal costs then it would have to come under the cap.  Ultimately it seems Brett bore the costs.

So did Inglis' legal costs come under the cap?

Rex link said:
There was plenty of argument that if Manly paid Stewart's legal costs then it would have to come under the cap.  Ultimately it seems Brett bore the costs.

About to ask the same question.

I see no issue in them trying to recoup costs from him.  He is one that got himself into that situation and he should pay the costs.  Be no different to any employer recoping costs from an employee they paid on the employee's behalf. 

Rex link said:

So what if they did?

What are they going to do, bust them for breaking the cap again, they cant take any points off them for this year (2010)

MadMarcus link said:
Maybe they can play for nothing again in 2011...  ;D

I couldn't possibly listen to another year of Gould talking about how they should be playing for points while cheating.

Just makes you wonder what else the scum were paying for.  Parra couldn't buy a flight and cake for fui's kid but there is no end to what the scum can pay for.

Storm had to pay his lawyer because all his assets are tied up in speedboats.

MissKate link said:
Just makes you wonder what else the scum were paying for.  Parra couldn't buy a flight and cake for fui's kid but there is no end to what the scum can pay for.

And Crowe can pay a $500k transfer fee for Burgess and why isn't this included in their salary cap?

I suppose the same reason that the NRL salary cap auditor failed to find the two biggest salary cap breaches of all time until the details were provided to the NRL by whistleblowers.

Sorry guys I am in Melbourne's corner on this one.

My understanding is that if Inglis doesn't pay the money back then the dollars would be counted under the cap as a benefit paid to Inglis. If it is upfront loan it is not. Therefore Inglis has to pay it back.

The fact that Inglis claims he had no say or didn't realise what legal action was being done is bull ****. His manager would have known what the score was. And you can bet this would have been raised when he was renegotiating the new contract. If Inglis is that stupid it will end up with nothing.

I agree Ernie, but if he refuses, and they don't release him, the cost and his contract should have to be under the cap.

Flip link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=185842.msg303915#msg303915 date=1287983272]
Maybe they can play for nothing again in 2011...  ;D

I couldn't possibly listen to another year of Gould talking about how they should be playing for points while cheating.
[/quote]

No, no, no, no, no.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/25/3047785.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague
A "side deal" could clear the decks for former Melbourne star Greg Inglis to train with Brisbane until his dispute over legal costs with the Storm are resolved.

tookey link said:
[quote author=MissKate link=topic=185842.msg303919#msg303919 date=1287986976]

And Crowe can pay a $500k transfer fee for Burgess and why isn't this included in their salary cap?
[/quote]
Good point.  And do English Superleague players get a cut of the transfer fees like their EPL players? If so, that should be even more strongly a cap payment.

Rex link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185842.msg303923#msg303923 date=1287989999]
[quote author=MissKate link=topic=185842.msg303919#msg303919 date=1287986976]

[/quote]
Good point.  And do English Superleague players get a cut of the transfer fees like their EPL players? If so, that should be even more strongly a cap payment.
[/quote]

Burgess doesn't get any of the transfer fee

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6