What $50 million buys you

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A 100 minute advertorial. I'm sick of Waterhouse's stupid face after two games, surely Channel 9 can't expect us to accept a paid advertiser seamlessly being paraded as expert comment. That post match dribble was just a 15 minute gambling promotion, surely the regulators can't accept that. The NRL need to have a good hard look at how badly this sport has sold out to these gambling companies, what sort of message are they sending. Play our sport but don't forget to bet on the outcome of your effort ??

Indeed. Centrebet on our jerseys, Sportsbet all over Suncorp Stadium , and Tom Waterhouse everywhere you look. Not a great look for the game.

Tom Waterhouse is as ugly as a hat full of assholes. I was sick enough of his mug last year.

Do you want $50 million injected into our game or not? Bookies providing info on betting trends interests me. The fact that they get it wrong all the time says the money trail isn't always right. Having him on the panel is probably going too far but no different to having Glenn Munsie from SportsTab previously. Betting, booze, ciggies, women, it is all too much for the PC crowd. Don't like it then follow the ping pong.

Fox Sports is your cure for all the replays of channel 9 games because not only is it High Def but it is 100% Waterhouse Free (even his logo is not seen during the entire replay of the broadcast)

On balance, dont forget this is a new commission after many years of News Ltd control. These are new guys.

Too many people expect too much from a small group of new people to the role of running a large professional sport.

They will find their way & despite the uncertain times of late, we will not only prevail but excel.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Indeed. Centrebet on our jerseys, Sportsbet all over Suncorp Stadium , and Tom Waterhouse everywhere you look. Not a great look for the game.

Not to mention the ads for Sportsbet as well.

I find it contradictory that they can't advertise ciggies (at all) or grog prior to 8.30pm (I think ) but having a punt on just about anything is more than okay, it's practically making you feel like it's the norm.

On one hand they produce an ad campaign to embrace the kiddies, wives etc then during telecasts ram down our throats the odds which is aimed at blokes in pubs.

ManlyBacker said:
Do you want $50 million injected into our game or not? Bookies providing info on betting trends interests me. The fact that they get it wrong all the time says the money trail isn't always right. Having him on the panel is probably going too far but no different to having Glenn Munsie from SportsTab previously. Betting, booze, ciggies, women, it is all too much for the PC crowd. Don't like it then follow the ping pong.

Well, to be honest, I'd be happy to keep it Saturday afternoon played by people who simply love to play.
Yes, make up your own minds about gambling, ciggies, booze, etc... and no need to feel too "PC" about your personal conclusions. :)

Having the Channel 9 commentators make buffoons of themselves by sucking up to Waterhouse was squeemish to watch. Remember when TV commentators had credibility that they didn't sell out?

I muted in the hope that it was just a minor irritating segment, soon to pass, and then just switched channels.

Tom Waterhouse is the offspring of a crook (in Robbie Waterhouse) and a crook (in Gai Waterhouse).

The guy should simply NOT be allowed to be a bookmaker on the races, and only on sport (try and tell me its not a conflict of interest to have his mother, one of the leading trainers, and him be allowed to bet on races where she has runners. Her record of favourites to runners is utterly shocking unless it is a $1million dollar race - for which she will give her staff f all to go out with - which I have been a witness to after Pharoah won his 2nd Doncaster and she gave her entire staff $300 to go out with for the night - which was 2 shouts)

Plus, after what his father and grandfather did (think they're not guilty, read Bill Waterhouse's book - he all but gives it away), he should have no licence.

The prick will never ever get another cent off me after the 1 bet 1 had with him, which was a horse trained by his mother, which proceeded to win by 6 lengths, and I walked away after that.

The whole family should be in jail (except maybe Kate, if she posed naked for Playboy)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7