whare V skiv

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

shauneagle

Reserve Grader
hindsight now but I wonder if we should have signed this kid instead of Stevie? He was outstanding tonight and has been one of our best all season

Matai is better but Whare is young and it would have been great if we could have held onto him.

Stevie every day of the week. But Whare is the first player in a long time that I think we will regret letting go. He looks good, and is getting better with very game, pity we couldn't have hung onto him.

Whare is a lot faster and better a diffusing bombs. But Matai brings a toughness that we could have used tonight. I'm sorry to lose Whare. I think he's a good 'un.

I didn't think Whare was that good tonight. The Storm had a lot of success targetting that side of the field. He wasn't poor but he's had alot better games than that.

Masked Eagle said:
I didn't think Whare was that good tonight. The Storm had a lot of success targetting that side of the field. He wasn't poor but he's had alot better games than that.

Taufa didn't help. He dropped back when melb made that first break, causing an overlap. Not Whare's fault. And then Taufa missed the tackle (as did Brett).

Chip and Chase said:
Stevie every day of the week. But Whare is the first player in a long time that I think we will regret letting go.

Agreed. I think we will live to regret Whare going, and to a lesser extent, Hopoate, if he ever returns.

The Who said:
Masked Eagle said:

Taufa didn't help. He dropped back when melb made that first break, causing an overlap. Not Whare's fault. And then Taufa missed the tackle (as did Brett).

I actually think that the bigger problem tonight was the gap on the inside of Whare. He seemed to be standing a bit wider to start causing Harrison in his first stint to try and make a lot of ground to cover it. Better team defence and how we usually do it is to stay tight and chase out.

No contest - people fear Matai, whereas they run freely at Whare.

But, yes, I too would have been happy if he chose to stay at Manly as you can see a marked improvement in his game.

Not so for Taufua:dodgy:

This has been discussed a number of times. Whare has enormous potential and no one was more sorry to hear of his departure than me, but I thought it had been a stated fact that he wanted out of the club and was going to go no matter what.

Disco said:
Taufua still getting a hard time off people

He made 248m with 3 line breaks and offload and a try
The stats are impressive Disco but they're not going to matter if he wants to remain a first grade winger but continues to be one of the poorest diffusers of a bomb in the comp. I'm happy to give him more time but he needs to improve and start getting off the ground.

shauneagle said:
hindsight now but I wonder if we should have signed this kid instead of Stevie? He was outstanding tonight and has been one of our best all season

You cant sign people who don't want to stay with the club

I tend to agree, if he wanted out then the only way to keep him would pay overs.

Matai is a better player now and wanted to stay.

voicefromthehill said:
shauneagle said:

He wanted to stay but he wanted a starting Centre spot, something we can offer him.

Disco said:
Taufua still getting a hard time off people

He made 248m with 3 line breaks and offload and a try

As sure as day after a game you can come on here and read how Kite is crap, King is too old and Taufua is ordinary, regardless of performance

Depends on how well he plays if Rose is too fat or not, went ok last night so weight not an issue this morning

clontaago said:
voicefromthehill said:
shauneagle said:

He wanted to stay but he wanted a starting Centre spot, something we can offer him.

The rumour around is he wanted out of the club coz he was unhappy

I like Whare, have since day one and i was calling for him to be starting Winger this year anead of Oldfield (round 1)

That said, he is now getting a touch over rated in these parts. I mean keep him ahead of Matai............are people out of there minds!!!

As for Taufua, obviously he need to work on area's of his game, namely diffusing bombs. However there is enough in his game for us to continue to perservere with him.

Now with Oldfield going and with Whare we need to pick up one or two backline cheapie's i think we should be all over Omar from the Warriors or perhaps Pelo from the Raiders.

Who are the best young Toyota Cup outside backs this season?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6