We've poached another bunny executive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are delighted to announce the appointment of the final member of the Executive team, Luke Byrne, following the recent resignation of Commercial Director, Greg Butterworth.

Luke joins the Sea Eagles having worked extensively in the sport and leisure industry for over a decade. He was employed at the South Sydney Rabbitohs for more than six years, where he held a similar role to the new position at the Sea Eagles. Luke’s broad corporate experience also includes time at both Ticketek and General Electric.

“I am very pleased to announce that Luke Byrne joins the Club as the General Manager, Corporate and will lead our Sponsorship, Corporate Hospitality and Corporate Event departments,” said Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly.

“We have been working hard to structure this crucial area in a way that will maximise our business opportunities and provide the necessary level of service that our wonderful corporate partners deserve. Luke’s appointment reinforces our commitment in this area of the Club and we will still be adding further to the team throughout the year.”

“Luke has proven credentials to build relationships within a professional sporting club across the entire corporate portfolio and I am delighted he has agreed to join us.”

Luke is currently contracted to the AFC Asian Cup and will commence at the Club on 16 March 2015, following the completion of his current arrangement.

“I am delighted to be appointed to this role. To have the opportunity to work with Joe Kelly again at another great NRL Club was simply too good to refuse,” Mr Byrne said.

“I’ve witnessed first-hand the primary role that Joe played in transforming the Rabbitohs into the Club they are today and I look forward to working with him and the rest of the team to replicate those principles at the Sea Eagles also.”

“I’m excited and ready to make a real contribution to the future of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.”

Finally, everyone at the Club would like to wish Greg Butterworth all the best in his return to Tasmania and thank him for his contribution to the organisation over the past three years.

"replicate those principles at the Sea Eagles" - Do we want this?

Packer can buy the leaguesy and turn it into Crown Brookvale - send those Asian whales he loves over to his new mega resort located between a car wash and a VW dealer...

Luke seems to be a popular name down Redfern way. Any truth to the rumour Gift has changed his name to Luke to avoid confusion?

Piggins an Eagle
From nrl.com

Manly supremo Joe Kelly is negotiating to bring George Piggins over the bridge, hot on the heels of the Luke twins, Burgess and Byrne.

With boardroom harmony breaking out at Manly there are fears that the mighty club's on-field performances will suffer.

Enter Piggins who is sure to stir things up with his unique brand of passion, hate, bile and grudge-holding ability.

George said today "I always wanted to go to Manly, but back in the 70s I was no chance to unseat Freddy Jones, who was light years ahead of me in toughness. Also the writing was on the wall when Arko chose to sign my understudy Elwyn Walters over me. I felt very left out when Branighan and O'Neill went."

Piggins is expected to be paired with Peter Peters on the Sea Eagles board.

Last edited:
Piggins an Eagle
From nrl.com

Manly supremo Joe Kelly is negotiating to bring George Piggins over the bridge, hot on the heels of the Luke twins, Burgess and Byrne.

With boardroom harmony breaking out at Manly there are fears that the mighty club's on-field performances will suffer.

Enter Piggins who is sure to stir things up with his unique brand of passion, hate, bile and grudge-holding ability.

George said today "I always wanted to go to Manly, but back in the 70s I was no chance to unseat Freddy Jones, who was light years ahead of me in toughness. Also the writing was on the wall when Arko chose to sign my understudy Elwyn Walters over me. I felt very left out when Branighan and O'Neill went."

Piggins is expected to be paired with Peter Peters on the Sea Eagles board.
HAHA nice try

Soon we'll unleash hell by bringing over russell crowe.
Ah Rusty Crowe. The guy can act but sheesh, those Sons of Glory Redfern jackets are one of the w*nkiest items of clothing I've ever seen.
Plenty of cool celebrities support the mighty Sea Eagles. Just look through the user list on this site. Bloody lot of legends.:D:cool:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4