West Tigers Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

King

Reserve Grader
I have just finished reading through a couple of posts on the Wests Tigers Foum. Interesting read... most believe Watmough & B Stewart are the key.
A few have written us off without Orford, while other believe we are better off without him.

They have mixed feelings on Tony Williams.... some have written him off and believe Lawrence will carve him up. Others rate him as unstopable close to the line.
They all believe our forward pack is alot more powerful then theirs.

Benji Marshall is in some doubt with an ankle injury.
Alot of people are concerned about Robert Lui being the halfback, from what i read none of them rate his ability.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.
http://www.weststigersforum.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=16

its funny though.. they think to stop Manly you stop Choc and Stewart.

Which is fair enough (Lyon might have something to say about that)..

But what i found funny was theyre plan to nullify Brett Stewart was to kick the ball dead like the Dragons did to Hayne.

Do they ever watch Manly? Stewart as good as he is.. his kick return is pretty poor.. he safely returns it back.. he doesnt make line breaks off kicks like Hayne etc.

Stewart scores his tries when he joins in the attack inside the opponents half. Ahh well.. they can kick it dead all they like

Yep, the more they kick it dead, the less work Brett has to do, the more energy he will have for attacking.

Let's hope that is their plan.

That tactic seems to be all the rage these days. I think we had a similiar tactic when taking on Slater, that is, kick it to the corners and directly to him in the 08 GF.  Anyway, you're right with your comments re Brett's carry.  He's at his most lethal on the end of a backline swooping movement.  Hope to see that tonight.   

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4