West Coast Pirates may play in super league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
The Western Australian Rugby League is toying with an audacious idea to enter its West Coast Pirates team in the English Super League after rugby league’s Independent Commission put its expansionary plans for the NRL on the backburner.

The WARL was one of several organisations, including those from Port Moresby, Brisbane, Central Queensland, the Central Coast and New Zealand, vying for a place in an expanded NRL.

John Sackson, the WARL’s chief executive, said his group was in a position where it had to investigate ”other options” to help promote the code in that state and to maximise the Pirates brand. The club will consider finding a British city in which to base itself.

”We’re looking at all options into the future given the delays with the expansion,” Sackson said. ”The English Super League is definitely an idea we are exploring. The idea is still in its infancy, we have another board meeting coming up and we’ll be looking deeper into that and start asking the relevant questions.

”We’re also looking at playing in the Bundaberg Cup [in Sydney]. But England has been floated and while nothing is concrete, it is an idea we have tabled and will look into it.”

A few of the English clubs are on struggle street : Bradford and Salford.
Hull KR could easily get a buyer.
Probably need another 2 French clubs(Toulouse or Lezignon ) - to bring in more money from tv rights.

But instead of rushing the Pirates straight into the SL. Do it this way :

Co Op Champions League :

Pirates in there for 2 years (toughen the English teams up) - also be allowed to enter the Challenge Cup (being the only Australian club ever to enter it but maintain a side in the English side When accepted into the NRL.
Reggies play BRC.

Me if I was the RFL -
Salford,Bradford (3rd division due to tax bill) Castleford out.
Toulouse, Featherstone and Pirates in.

2015 -
Bradford and Crusaders added in

Sounds both great and feasible. Why not start a super league / Nrl champions league at the same time? Might also be ideal timing for manly to relocate to Mongolia.

cava2323 said:
Sounds both great and feasible. Why not start a super league / Nrl champions league at the same time? Might also be ideal timing for manly to relocate to Mongolia.

It's supposedly on the table down the future.

Another idea that seems popular on other forums is this :

NRL and ESL : 1 to 20 (NRL 22)
Origin and ****
ESL : CC (extra rounds)
WCC : at Country that hold the 4 nations (top 4 teams)
Rep : 4 Nations with either Euro Nations or PAC Nations as opener
Every 4th year ie (this year) the GB&I Lions tour

Geez I hope they do.

Maybe the Bronco's, Dogs and Storm will go with them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4