1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wesser, Burgess out

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, Mar 30, 2011.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    According to the DT wesser and burgess are out replaced by 2 debutants, kane morgan to wing, merrit to fullback, and peats in for burgess.

2. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    I heard this morning that burgess will play

3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Burgess ruled out of Manly clash

Posted March 30, 2011 13:42:00
    Sam Burgess is hoping to make his return next week.

South Sydney back rower Sam Burgess will have to wait at least another week before making his return from injury, after the Englishman was ruled out of Friday night's NRL clash with Manly in Gosford.

Rabbitohs coach John Lang on Tuesday named Burgess in his side to face the Sea Eagles, raising hope the big forward could make an earlier-than-expected return after injuring his troublesome shoulder in the opening-round loss to Sydney Roosters.

But Burgess will be given more time to recover, with full-back Rhys Wesser to also miss Friday's game with a hamstring problem.

"It would have been good to have him back but we knew it was only a question mark as to whether we'd have him back," captain Roy Asotasi said of Burgess.

"We weren't expecting him back for another three weeks so we'd rather just let Sammy be 100 per cent rather than half guessing if he's right or not."

Asotasi was hopeful Burgess could be right for the following week, as Souths are in the same boat as many clubs and are already battling a hefty injury and suspension toll.

"I'm hoping so, we've been pretty unlucky but the injury toll at all clubs has been pretty bad," Asotasi said.

"We're hoping that whoever comes into the side can do the job."

Winger Nathan Merritt is the leading candidate to fill in for Wesser at the back, while Test and Queensland veteran Michael Crocker will most likely move into the starting side for Burgess.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/30/3177742.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Hope Snake can give Crocker a nice hit or two, soften the cat up.

5. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Let someone who's knees are not sticky taped together do it. 

6. Timmy

Timmy Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Hahahaha so true. I'd Love to see Matai knock him unconscious.

Let someone who's knees are not sticky taped together do it. 
    [/quote]

7. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    If it doesnt happen just replay the 08GF couple of mins into the 2nd half.

Choc & Matai launched into Crocker and look on his face from that point to the end of the game is very special. They got the penalty but it was well worth it.

8. Timmy

Timmy Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Hahaha I'm going to do that right now.

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,082 / 284
    Shame Matai isn't playing - perfect game for a return - statement hit on Crocker the grub.

Maybe Kite can measure him up again???

Go Kitey - I know you read here - here's to you putting one on Crocker's chin mate. Go in Silvertails stylez.

10. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Crocker is no longer the 'feared' player that he once was. Sure he's still a grub but I don't rate him as any sort of concern. He'll be bashed when he carts it up and I'm tipping G Stewart puts on a few bell ringers.

11. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    South Sydney Rabbitohs to unveil rising stars Kane Morgan and Nathan Peats in blockbuster clash with Manly Sea Eagles James Hooper From: The Daily Telegraph March 30, 2011 1:25PM Toyota Cup ...

THE latest two products off the famous South Sydney junior production line are set to debut for the Rabbitohs in Friday night's blockbuster against Manly.

Speedster Kane Morgan and backrower Nathan Peats will be tossed into the Bluetongue Stadium cauldron against the Sea Eagles, replacing injured duo Rhys Wesser and Sam Burgess.

Morgan has long been held in high regard at the Rabbitohs after proving a prolific pointscorer in Toyota Cup and will slot in on the right wing, with Nathan Merritt moving to fullback.

Peats is the son of former Souths and bulldogs hooker Geordi Peats and will start from the bench. He captained the Rabbitohs' Toyota Cup last year.

Michael Crocker to move into the starting pack.

Wesser has been ruled out with a hamstring strain, while Burgess has a shoulder problem.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydney-rabbitohs-to-unveil-rising-stars-kane-morgan-and-nathan-peats-in-blockbuster-clash-with-manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frexnr-1226030739117

12. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    'The famous South Sydney production line"  wtf?  Since when?  They're in the market as much as anyone these days.

13. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Yeah, Burgess, Taylor, Asotasi, Crocker, Inglis, Sandow, Ben Ross all juniors lol.

14. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Will never forgive or forget Crocker hit on Stewart. Hope our boys smash him legally every time he gets the ball.

15. bazeagle

bazeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 37
    Excellent WAMF, I reckon G Stewart will belt Crocker. I will never forgive Crocker for that illegal hit on Brett in that GF loss.
    Crocker needs and deserves a really good belting this weekend.

16. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    There was nothing illegal about Crockers hit on Stewart. Move on.

17. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Elbow to the skull is not illegal
    Nah you can lead with elbow and put on a big dog shot
    Matai done that and he wouldnt play again
    That **** does it and gets an aussie jersey,great way
    to show the kids what to do

18. Manly To Win!

Manly To Win! Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 2
    Wesser isn't much of a loss, but I'm very glad Burgess is out.

19. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    We should be on our guard, look what happened to the roosters when we brought in rookies.

20. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Actually shame Wesser is out he is a liability for them, always worth a try or two.