Well we are back and hopefully more stable and faster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So after researching the site lag we had been experiencing, I found there was an issue with the server, this required me having to rebuild the server . i.e. format and re-install the OS. This work has to be completed by a 3rd party, our host. the process usually takes 3 hours, however in this case it took around 12 hours and it took me a further hour or so to restore the site.

It is now back up and running and should hopefully be a lot smoother and faster.

please let me know if you notice any further lags or speed issues

Dan

urrghh server load going crazy again. Back to the drawing board

I am about to smash the computer against the wall, this is crazy

Dan said:
So after researching the site lag we had been experiencing, I found there was an issue with the server, this required me having to rebuild the server . i.e. format and re-install the OS. This work has to be completed by a 3rd party, our host. the process usually takes 3 hours, however in this case it took around 12 hours and it took me a further hour or so to restore the site.

It is now back up and running and should hopefully be a lot smoother and faster.

Dan

Thank you very much Dan. I was very much missing the site when it wasn't there.

Dan said:

Dan

Thank you very much Dan. I was very much missing the site when it wasn't there.

Its till not working right. I am going to try a few more things.

Fridays issue was caused by an attack from looking at the lfd logs, we were getting hammered.

However that hasn't subsided which is a massive concern for me

its 330am here and i have ti wait this last build then i can sleep. going to have to keep working on it tomorrow

The reason it is currently slow is that the RAM is 100% consumed which is leading to high swap. This is making my apache rebuild slow, which is causing the RAM to be consumed. cyclical I know. THe spam Daemon is also getting hammered and consuming about 20% of server load.

Essentially this is looking like something I may not easily be able to solve until I can stop those attacks on the site

I'm with Bones. No idea what it all means, but thank you so much for all your hard work with the site Dan. Much appreciated.

Assuming you've hardened the server and I didn't check

mod_evasive (reduces DoS exposure)
mod_cband (bandwidth control)

May help with limiting connections per second, Assuming the issues your having are request based.

Regards
God

God said:
Assuming you've hardened the server and I didn't check

mod_evasive (reduces DoS exposure)
mod_cband (bandwidth control)

May help with limiting connections per second, Assuming the issues your having are request based.

Regards
God

cheers

I hav CFS and LFD doing a fair bit of firefighting.

Switched off wordpress for a while which improved things slightly, but have narrowed the issue down to mysql just consuming resources exponentially until it fully consumes all the memory and we go into swap.

At least I am getting closer to the issue.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6