Well played Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Souths defended their line well, took their chances when they got them. Good on them.

Alot to learn from this game.

Theres improvement in us. Along with the Storm, We're seasoned finalist footballers

Daveagle said:
Jatz Crackers said:
MT Smart said:
Frustrating game to watch.

Can't help but wonder how that would have played out with different Reffs.

Jeff Lima's Leg twist was a low point.....Greg Inglis playing dead was lower still.
I'm an impartial here , after the leg twist I started cheering on Manly , Inglis Milking it with Horo confirmed I'd picked the better team.

The defence by Manly in the first half was amazing , lets say it was Manly's own fault they got penalised out of the game ...... in that case with even ball and eighty minutes of energy reserves to keep that offensive defence going , Souths couldn't have climbed back into that game.....that has to be a big positive.

Quality post Mt Smart.

Did you see Inglis wink at Horo as he played the ball after his academy award.

He actually says to Horo " Your sweet " after he's put on report by the pinky .

LOl. Yes, he said that as he played the ball with his big jaw sticking out forward. My TV is so big I nearly put one on his chin.

I know plenty of people will complain about the refs, but if we are going to pin our hopes on getting a good go from them we might as well not bother. IMO the game changed from the Reynolds drop out when he found touch. After that point the big Bunny forwards really got on top of us. The size of those guys it is really hard to contain them for 80 minutes so its absolutely imperative we don't give them easy possession and we just gave it up far too often, what that be from errors or penalties (I know some weren't justified).

The other thing which annoyed me a bit that we did and not for the first time this year, we almost played exclusively to one side of the field and it replicated that last time we played the Bunnies. I know Gifty has returned to form and Killer and Wolfman have been on fire, but like last time we played them we spent most of the night trying to get killer one on one with Goodwin and whilst we had a bit more success than the first time, it still ended up in a loss. Not for the first time this year we almost completely ignored Matai and Taufua. Its not major changes required but we just need to be more even in our attack and I think the points will come.

I still think we are the masters of our own destiny in that we lose games ourselves more than teams are beating us. Its why I'm still confident our A game is good enough to go all the way, but we still have work today.

Yeah, too good. So what.

Don't think they'll be overconfident if they have to play us in the finals though, they'll probably be thinking they've used up their luck against us. Which they have.

So long as we continue to improve. Which in each of our premiership years, we do!

We've been better than them for 40 years.

Learn from yesterdays mistakes and we'll get them in a few weeks time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6