1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well done Todd Carney

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Utility Player, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    At the risk of being karma killed I think Carney deserves a lot of credit for his Dally M win.

To come back from the wilderness shows a lot of character and anyone who takes his mum along to an awards ceremony can't be all bad.

His biggest problems were caused by nights on the drink, which I guess we can all sympathise with, if only we could wake up the next morning with his talent.

I can even be happy about Brian getting coach of the year as I think it might be the only trophy he gets close to this year.

Big congrats to Jamie who would have been closer to the big gong with more support.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Agreed. I always thought he was an incredible player and he is showing it. As he matures more he will only improve

3. Umina Eagle

Umina Eagle New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  4. Eagle Bug

Eagle Bug New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fact is that Carney at half, Campese at 5/8 and jamie in the centres would have won NSW the origin this year......well done Carney but not really fair to the Raiders.....Jamie for DallyM in 11

5. Dessy

Dessy Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    without jamies injury problems, he would have gone very close

6. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Well Deserved Carney and Grats Jamie,centre of the year!!!

7. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Any see that grub Cameron Smith smirking when he said Melbourne had had a rough year.

He has serious problems if he thinks that is amusing.

8. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    DSM5 was the one calling for Carney to join Manly. I said we shouldn't take him due to his track record. Maybe the cranky bastard knows a thing or two :) Carney has had a fantastic year - first at fullback and then at 5/8th. Every game wasn't perfect but in most he shined.

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Certainly came across as very humble and appreciative of a second chance. Well done to him for making the most of the opportunity and keeping a level head, rare trait for his generation. Bloody good footballer on his day, would have loved to have had him in the maroon and white, we'd kill for a half of his quality at the moment.

10. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    MB, I was the same as you, but never give DSM any credit mate

11. abnc

abnc Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Congrats to Carney. He deserves it considering where he was just 1 year ago. Let's hope he doesn't resort back to old habits. Rugby League needs more stories like this one.

12. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    re DSM

Fire enough shots and you will hit something...eventually....

13. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Did everyone see the bit where they went through all the previous winners of the Dally M and showed a little snippet of footage of them in action, showing their wares so to speak. The footage for Matt Orford was him lifting the trophy in 2008.... I can only assume that footage of his 30m dropouts didn't qualify and that there was nothing else ever captured on film   :p

14. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    Congratulating Todd Carney. Gee, how far have we fallen?! I will NEVER congratulate a Roosters player...sorry, can't do it

15. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    You are dreaming.

Name one that went 30 metres. :)

16. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Had 50 on Jamie at $51, so would have been nice, but congrats to Todd anyway.

17. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I was pilloried for mentioning him way back then.  Isz, I don't know you.  Are you new? 

18. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Sorry Isz, that was rude of me.  I actually don't rate the Dally Ms.  If Lay Down Robbie can come in second, that says it all.  Oh yeah, and the 08 winner. 

19. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Has 800 posts so I doubt it.

20. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    I had to laugh at hearing Carney say this last night -

"The first thing Smithy said to me was if I wasn't going in his direction, he pretty much said 'walk out the door'," Carney said of his return to the game. "I was all ears. He's been great."

He sure is all ears !!!!