Well done Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
You outplayed us this time round and maybe showed up a few flaws. It was always going to be demanding keeping our fortunes on a roll after playing the top 3 teams in 4 rounds then coming up against a formidable opposition such as you lot. We didn't do ourselves any favors today ,other than, getting a bad game out of the way.
I must say Peta played with more authority and confidence than Brett today. It is good to see we are in good hands. I liked Jsl and Lui's punch off the bench as well.
There wasn't too much to like from today, however games like this will be far and few between. It could be worse we could have been 0-5.
Anyway good luck next week champs.

Poola said:
I must say Peta played with more authority and confidence than Brett today. It is good to see we are in good hands. I liked Jsl and Lui's punch off the bench as well.

You must've watched a different game to me....Lui's a slug and if not for Brett it would've been in the fifties!

Snake is way out of condition and not a good day with his hands :( Surprised we used him on such a heavy track for his first game back :s

Hiku is hampered on the wing, maybe lock would have been better today :cool:

Tigers looked good due to Manly giving them repeat sets within our 10 all day :mad:
We can really look dumb when we get conned into retaliating to niggles :dodgy:

Wish it had been at campbelltown or the Olympic stadium. I feel they are hard to beat at leichhardt. They are crazy to not play there more often.

In all likelihood the Tigers won't be playing there anymore after this year. Good riddance to it. They lose a lot of competitiveness playing home games at SFS or ANZ instead of that dump.

bones said:
Hope it had nothing to do with any player 'revolt' for Glenn.

Me is hoping that too but does seem a valid explanation for that performance.

It's a young mans game. Tigers forwards ran harder and faster and made ours look weak slow and some old. Let's hope it's a wake up call. JSL and Hiku were stand outs for mine today.

Tooves at the press conference did mention we looked flat, and I think we certainly did. A tough month of footy, combined with the Tigers being well and truly on song and pumped up, certainly seemed to create the perfect storm to give us a pantsing.

It really was one of those games where nothing seemed to go right. I must say I was quiet during most of the game (usually I scream and shout regardless of us playing good or bad, or bad reffing etc). Whilst this time I just couldn't really find the words to describe it. Perhaps it was just a little baffling to be so outplayed by a young team.

Other posters have mentioned the word 'hungry' in relation to the Tigers, and I couldn't agree more. They looked like they really wanted it.

A very tough month of footy.

We've played Melbourne, Souths, Easts and Parramatta.

But I must say there appear to be no easy games in the NRL, but I think the coaches had pencilled this one as a win at the start of the season.

Next week against the Sharks may be another tough encounter next week.

Yes, well done & well played Wests - they were all over us much of that game, whilst we failed to gel and made too many mistakes across the park.

Well-deserved win to the home team @ the great old school suburban ground of Leichardt!

No one has mentioned that the tigers has a gale force wind in their favour for the first 30 minutes. Combine that with some unlucky bounces of the ball and you had 26-0.
After the wind returned to neutral Manly won the game 18-8.

Our forwards are not old and slow. They are doing great. In fact King was the standout forward in my opinion, and our young forwards didn't stand out at all.

You'll see in the performance next week we will be back.

It's just one of those games that every team has in a season. You come out flat, and the opposition come out strong in front of a home ground and it's hard to wrestle the momentum back. It happens every year...

I'd put my house on the Eagles beating the Tigers in a Prelim Final at the SFS tomorrow if I could. We didn't want to win enough yesterday to beat a young enthusiastic side, but come the big games at the end of the year and the Tigers will have faded under the weight of inexperience, and the Eagles will rise to top again!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2