Well done Socceroos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Like Soccer or not (and I do) it was a great feat tonight to beat a world power and win the right to play in the biggest sporting competition in the world. Guts, determination and never say die spirit got them over the line. I have lined up many times to take a penalty (and missed) and to do so on a stage like that was phenomenal. Me and three kids woke the dead (and others in my family) when we got there!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

It will be strange to watch a World Cup with local interest!!!

What a game, that took 5 years off my life through excitement.

A great team affort - its amazing what a good coach can do compared to a retired player turned coach. If only we can get Guus to coach manly.

Byso, you're a fool. 120 minutes of bordeom with more dives than an Olympic 10m platform final will never convert Union officionados.

Uruguay did more dives than at the ballet and played like a bunch of 10 year old girls.

It was a bit like union when one team is given the advantage and then they just kick the ball over the sideline or deliberately knock it on so that they get the penalty.

Byso, you're a fool. 120 minutes of bordeom with more dives than an Olympic 10m platform final will never convert Union officionados.

ARU has dropped the ball since Rugby world cup. Now that there getting smashed watch Soccer sky rocket in popularity on the back of last nights win.

The Diving is a joke though, but there were still fewer penaties than a rugby international game

Did you see the England - Australia Rugby test Mata? Collapsed scrum after collapsed scrum. diving over the ball, pointless phase after phase, stop - start, kick the ball away, penalty after penalty etc A bit for the purist but basically as a spectacle it was the most boring thing ever.

I worry about what the western dust is doing to your mind. There were more dives at the Soccer than at the 10m Springboard Championships but as a spectacle it was awesome! My mates who went reckon it was better than the Cathy Freeman 400m and the atmosphere laster for over three hours.

I've never seen a Union ref whistle up 60 penalties, have you?

The Super 14 will create fresh interest in Union next February. If anyone has anything to fear from soccer it is Rugby League.

With the way Wollobies are going at the moment I think they have plenty to worry about - the momenteum they gained after the 2003 World Cup is gooorrrnnnee

saying Rugby is gone just shows you are ignorant.

last night was great, I am not a "football" fan generally but I always make a effort to watch Australia play the sport.

When we slotted that last penalty goal I was probably just as excited or maybe even more excited than when the Wallabies won Bill in 99.

Thank you Garts. What these fellows seem to forget is rugby is far more succesful in soccer saturated countries than League is.

Compare the profile of League and Union in Britain and France for instance.

As I say, Rugby League has far more to fear than Union.

like every game of soccer i found it as boring as ****, but at least now i have another excuse to get on the piss and have a bbq next year :yeah:

In saying that well done to them and hope they win the world cup too

soccer games in general I find boring, reason why I wont watch many but I will watch Australia in most sports.

I found last nights match exciting due to what was on the line. Surely you must have had some interest it and found it exciting for that reason alone Mata.

I was interested and watched it. But there was no adrenalin until the penalty shoot-out and I am of the opinion that they are fairly contrived!

i must have been interested cuz it'd the first game of soccer i've watched in about 10 years and i'm only 21. But it was still really boring and the only reason i didn't flick channels is because australia was involved (although i'm unsure how many 'actual' australians are in the team)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6