Well done Dessie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
I reckon Dessie deserves all the accolades that any coach could receive.

He has taken us from an average side hoping to make the top 8 on previous years to the heights of 2nd on the table and now a GF.

He has constructed this side with a few stars and many very solid NRL footballers. To do all this within the salary cap by bringing high class players such as Monas, Kite, BK, Bell, Ox, Lyon while also bringing fringe NRL players to the club and turning them into worthy NRL players.

If he wins next weeks GF could he be regarded as Manly's best ever coach?

Remembering that Bozo had a blank checkbook and the pull of a Australia coaches role to get virtually anyone he wanted.

Just as well the board did not listen to you a year or so back when you wanted him gorne ;)

Well done to Des and all the coaching/recruitment staff!!!

Yeah I gave it too him on the back of record loses 2 years in a row. Back then I'm sure no one saw this coming.

Apart from a few saying he needed time to build the side, anyway who cares we are in the big one now :yeah:

I think that being grand finalists this soon would be beyond even the most hardened rose coloured glass supporters from a couple of years back.

I think that being grand finalists this soon would be beyond even the most hardened rose coloured glass supporters from a couple of years back.

Just had to have faith in their plan of buying 1 or 2 blue chip players per year and developing others, they delivered. I must say I thought we would improve on last year but not this much.

When he bought BK to the club I had faith that we would become regular top 8 contenders. But not GF contenders.

That was 3 years ago, I expected to be in the top 4 teams within 3 years if the plan came off. I did not expect instant success, Des has had us improving each year which I think is a result of the cattle he has and his ability to get the best from them, especially the lower profile players.

Can Des get them up and fully focused for the GF though?

This situation is one that has been built over four seasons with a good team of staff in the front office, good medical and conditioning staff.

To get to a grand final is no easy task and to win one is even bigger. We are an even chance and I say well done to all in the club responsible, as five years ago we were a joke and almost folded.

I am just glad that we are back and promise so much for the future as well.

The decision to be based at Narrabeen was a master stroke. The facilities and backup medical facilities are equal to any anywhere. The decision to consistently stick with the same players and only bring on board a select few is also critical. No team wins a comp or makes a GF without the same personnel playing together year on year.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6