Well DCE is optomistic ( positive )

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Me too! You know, for all the crap he cops around here and in the media at times............if the rest of the team put as much effort and passion in each week, we might all be as confident as DCE this week.

Go Manly! Go Cherry!!!

Yeah nice words, but I worry that DCE is speaking on behalf of his own feelings and not necessarily how the team feels.
It's nice to be positive, he is a positive and decent person, but I would have likely to read his responses to the big questions:

(1) What happened in the first 60 minutes of Fridays game?
(2) Why are you down on form - is it physical or mental?
(3) Can the group unit for a final push?

The article set up these kind of hard questions to be answered, but they were not.

NYEagle

That's it HM. If you think you're are on a hiding to nothing, what the bloody hell is the point of being all doom and gloom about it??? Why not play up the positives and go whole hearted into battle expecting nothing but a victory? I'm not putting my head in the sand here. I'm charging in one last time (maybe) into the fray, ripping in and giving the finger to all the doubters!!

Fly the flag high and proud for as long as we can. Never surrender and just bend over for a drilling. FIGHT!! WIN!! At the very least go down swinging like champions.

Maybe I've been too long with the Capra's, but we should never, ever approach a game with the mentality that "we are going to get flogged, but we'll do better next year". What are we, the Northern Eagles??

We are a champion club with a team bulging with champions. Accept impending defeat?? NEVER!!!!

DCE is a once-in-a-generation type talent, and while I don't know how he interacts with the other players, I can only go on what I see in the media, and that's a good guy who is always smiling and having a laugh, while representing the club in a professional manner at all times.

NYEagle said:
Yeah nice words, but I worry that DCE is speaking on behalf of his own feelings and not necessarily how the team feels.
It's nice to be positive, he is a positive and decent person, but I would have likely to read his responses to the big questions:

(1) What happened in the first 60 minutes of Fridays game?

Little things didn't go right. We need to respect the ball and opposition at all times. We're almost there. We just need to tweak a few things at training.
(2) Why are you down on form - is it physical or mental?

Oh I don't think I am going too bad. It's a long season and we're all playing with a few niggles. Having so many of our regulars out at this late stage makes things a little difficult. time runs out to work on your combinations. That said I think we're all minutes away from everything clicking.
(3) Can the group unit for a final push?

Not sure, but we certainly can unite for a final push. We all want to win the premiership. That's why we love playing finals.

The article set up these kind of hard questions to be answered, but they were not.

NYEagle

DCE is a dead set champion! I've hated the unfair slack thrown at him - just because his market value puts him up there with the top marquee players - people are saying he is being greedy (again, we all this is somewhat here say) but he is the half back of the team and one of the stars of the game like the Thurstons, Inglis, Smith, Hayne etc He is a once in a generation player and would kill me if he left Manly. I love the way he plays - just goes off his natural ability, and is tough too, a really good defensive half with a monster boot, pace, fend, great dummy, support play and great passing game. He has been down on form I think to carrying injuries - look at the way he gets up each time after tackling someone - very slow, and watches how he gets back up putting weight on his knee - but he never has a bad word to say, a little like Lyon. These are players you love to cheer for and it makes me a little angry that some players might be giving him a hard time. He's you bloody team mate!

Just something I have noticed with the relationship of players, from what I can tell off the field DCE and Buhrer are great mates. There are alot of photos of the younger crew & new recruits out having a drink together ie; Buhrer, DCE , T Red, Hiku , Horo, Tafua,Lawrence - this is just something I have noticed on the players Instagram accounts etc

Obviously this is nothing to go by and more of an observation on my part but it seems the only area's we may be disjointed are from the veterans in Choc and co not happy.(Stating the obvious I know)

From the outside looking in, if we are to say good bye to Choc and co as hard as that may be and as great as they HAVE been, I can only see a happier team moving forward.

Unfairly I think DCE does get caught up in the wash of alot of this mess as its another Story for the media. I think there is a core group of mates willing and enjoying playing footy together and we will see that over the next few years. The odds of keeping DCE are good I think once Choc and co exit.

Like DCE or not, at least he is coming out and being positive for our club.

mickqld said:
Maybe he's just happy that Choc is out.

Support the boys until the end.

That's my motto as well, as disheartened as I am I'm still a Manly supporter till I die!'

NYEagle said:
Thank you globaleagle for stepping in and clarifying those answers.
I feel better now.
NYEagle

T'was straight from the horses mouth!! (cause I have an ugly horse head!)

Wasn't having a go, I just wanted to practice my 'sportsman answers' speak!

:)

:angel:

Haz88 said:
Just something I have noticed with the relationship of players, from what I can tell off the field DCE and Buhrer are great mates. There are alot of photos of the younger crew & new recruits out having a drink together ie; Buhrer, DCE , T Red, Hiku , Horo, Tafua,Lawrence - this is just something I have noticed on the players Instagram accounts etc

Obviously this is nothing to go by and more of an observation on my part but it seems the only area's we may be disjointed are from the veterans in Choc and co not happy.(Stating the obvious I know)

From the outside looking in, if we are to say good bye to Choc and co as hard as that may be and as great as they HAVE been, I can only see a happier team moving forward.

Unfairly I think DCE does get caught up in the wash of alot of this mess as its another Story for the media. I think there is a core group of mates willing and enjoying playing footy together and we will see that over the next few years. The odds of keeping DCE are good I think once Choc and co exit.

Like DCE or not, at least he is coming out and being positive for our club.

New Manly is the Old Manly.

mozgrame said:
That's it HM. If you think you're are on a hiding to nothing, what the bloody hell is the point of being all doom and gloom about it??? Why not play up the positives and go whole hearted into battle expecting nothing but a victory? I'm not putting my head in the sand here. I'm charging in one last time (maybe) into the fray, ripping in and giving the finger to all the doubters!!

Fly the flag high and proud for as long as we can. Never surrender and just bend over for a drilling. FIGHT!! WIN!! At the very least go down swinging like champions.

Maybe I've been too long with the Capra's, but we should never, ever approach a game with the mentality that "we are going to get flogged, but we'll do better next year". What are we, the Northern Eagles??

We are a champion club with a team bulging with champions. Accept impending defeat?? NEVER!!!!
Moz, that post stirred up my inner Matai. I'm ready for battle. Send that to the team.

Simonmyers11 said:
DCE is a dead set champion! I've hated the unfair slack thrown at him - just because his market value puts him up there with the top marquee players - people are saying he is being greedy (again, we all this is somewhat here say) but he is the half back of the team and one of the stars of the game like the Thurstons, Inglis, Smith, Hayne etc He is a once in a generation player and would kill me if he left Manly. I love the way he plays - just goes off his natural ability, and is tough too, a really good defensive half with a monster boot, pace, fend, great dummy, support play and great passing game. He has been down on form I think to carrying injuries - look at the way he gets up each time after tackling someone - very slow, and watches how he gets back up putting weight on his knee - but he never has a bad word to say, a little like Lyon. These are players you love to cheer for and it makes me a little angry that some players might be giving him a hard time. He's you bloody team mate!

We'll said. And thanks Dad!
Love DCE. :p

Simonmyers11 said:

Great post Cherry

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7