Welcome Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have just been thinking about the pressure TB will be under as soon as he arrives.

After what's transpired in 2015 it will be immense.

Glad it's him and not me.

Despite what people say about Des that legend, one thing he did as a head coach for us, is improve the team year on year, until we hovered around the top.

This year we'll be close to the bottom. Despite what everyone else says, I'm willing to let Barrett build into the role.

All I ask is for improvement. The only way is up from here.

Actually I wonder how long before Brett and Scott Fulton are mentioned as potential Manly first grade coaches.

Despite what people say about Des that legend, one thing he did as a head coach for us, is improve the team year on year, until we hovered around the top.

This year we'll be close to the bottom. Despite what everyone else says, I'm willing to let Barrett build into the role.

All I ask is for improvement. The only way is up from here.
If the Storm didn't lose their points for rorting the cap in 2010, Manly wouldn't have made the finals. It would have been a similar finish to what Manly will probably end up with this year. Results-wise, Tooves has had one poor year. One bad year should not spell the end for a coach. But most people know tooves wasn't sacked for this years performance. I said in the 'Penn buys Quantum out' thread last October that Toovey would be forced out. Way before a ball was kicked this year.

If the Storm didn't lose their points for rorting the cap in 2010, Manly wouldn't have made the finals. It would have been a similar finish to what Manly will probably end up with this year. Results-wise, Tooves has had one poor year. One bad year should not spell the end for a coach.

You can't even blame this year on Toovey.
He didn't want to sign duds like Burgess. It's not his fault he was with out Donny.
He didn't pull DCE original offer.
He can't control our worst injury toll in 10 years.

Given all the drama this year I would not rate his performance as a bad year. Is Toovey perfect? Definitely not everyone makes mistakes

Why is'nt the Beaver more involved with Manly? Or does he hold a position i am unaware of? I asked because he & spud are my favourite players...hence the name killerspud!

Wouldn't that make you beaverspud ???

He used the words " a perfect storm" in the Presser, that it was.

The results in 2015 I don't think relate 100% to 2V, some yes but not even 50%.

He's been shafted for revenge, nothing more, nothing less!!
That'd make a great banner....
Tooves: Shafted for Revenge!
.....I wonder how long it'd take Zorba to waddle over and tell you you've made it on their shiit list....surely he must be running out of targets?!

.....I wonder how long it'd take Zorba to waddle over and tell you you've made it on their shiit list....surely he must be running out of targets?!

I've been on his list for years , he hated what I did when I was involved with the Eagles, especially in 2012 when we did the official WCC tour and he ran one in competition and couldn't do any of the extra stuff we did.

**** him, do the banner!!

No, Brett Fulton is the one being promoted to assistant coach next year, from U12 Mona Vale @:cool:
Good point. I've been wondering myself what the succession plan might be. We need someone like Menzies to step up, that the players will look up to. Not a couple of extras from the H.R. Pufnstuf franchise.

Every Manly fan supports Toovey & imo - as a coach - has been super.
His results until now have been up with the best & ANY coach who had to handle the 2015 rabble of underhanded betrayal, injury city & media bashing with the players at his disposal would have done NO better - including Bennett, Hasler or anyone else....
Fact is its time to move on in 2016 & until then - get behind the Seaeagles & prey fer a finals birth in 2015....will cause havoc if they sneak in & will prove again Tooves CAN coach - even against adversity.

He has most posters on the site in his **** list

I hope they put his fat head on the big screen up the coast,though the screen wont be big enough,and every body boo,s him,that would be good

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6