1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to Queensland the MWTS "army"

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Mark from Brisbane, May 25, 2011.

1. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,782 / 258
    D Day has arrived (or should I say A Day for Arrival day)... and the first of an army of Manly fans have arrived and are arriving today.

Big crew going to SOO1 tonight and I'll be meeting many of them for pre Origin drinks at the Caxton Car Park bar from about 5.00pm.

BUT Friday will be the big day when legions fly / drive / train /ride into town armed with their Manly caps and gear, ready to cheer on the mighty Eagles.

Festivities for them begin with the big pre game Function at the Caxton Hotel, then on to Suncorp for the game and for many the post match "meet the players and coaching staff" function.

And there will be legions of others who are going to the game under their own steam, Bay 725 is sure to have heaps of people in it and no doubt as usual there will be fans spread across all bays....so welcome to them as well.

It's going to be a BIG few days.

So from all of us at Ambassador, welcome to Brisbane and have a great weekend!!

2. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    I'm being different, as is my way, and arriving tomorrow. Chance to acclimatise to drinking XXXX before hitting Suncorp.

3. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    No one drinks xxxx up here anymore

4. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,782 / 258
  5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Was at Suncorp last year for Origin. What a night at the footy and out afterwards, shame I can't do it again

6. SA fan

SA fan Member

Adelaide, South Australia
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Damn channel 9 here in SA dont have the game live like they have for the past few years now I have to wait till 10pm to watch it on Fox!! Was a great experience last year at Suncorp shame cant get there again.

7. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Took them a while :sleepy: ...

8. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Only the poor people do.

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    I thought Cam said no one drinks xxxx, not that the entire state drinks xxxx?

10. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Mate the only poor Qlders are the ones that move up here in droves from NSW, barrack for NSW at Origin time and bleat when they get flogged.

Poor, poor bastards.
    [hr]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvpiGoUHznw

11. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Nahhh Mate you've got it all wrong we're up here taking all your jobs

12. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,557 / 32
    No I don't!

13. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    seriously last night there were that many queenslanders in the one spot i thought it was Centrelink.

14. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    I'm getting a few messages from up there already that suggests the welcome is being enjoyed....!

We head up there in the morning (Me, Sam, JV2 & AM) so will see you at the Caxton if not before.

15. Eagle Eyed Cherry

Eagle Eyed Cherry Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Heading up tomorrow & have seats in Bay 725. I cannot believe the've dumped Manly supporters up in the nose bleed section. It's a home game for us and we should have had an allocated bay downstairs in the concourse where the atmosphere is much better. NOT HAPPY!

16. Nut

Nut Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    After missing the Titans game for heart breaking reasons I am ready to let loose tomorrow night. Can't wait to get amongst the maroon and white army, get a few coldies down and then chant the boys to ANOTHER win at Suncorp!

17. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    Don't worry EEC I'm in 725 along with a big crew of noisy regulars there too.....MYYYYYYY GAAAAAAAAAAARDEn Shed......