Welcome to Manly Ridgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Toov's had hair...
looks like a Year 8 school boy

Lowie had hair, too.

How cut was Matthew Ridge!
Great vid, KE

Don't know how many of you have read his book but it is a good read

Tooves had no time for him when he started with Manly coz he was a rugby boy, is a funny story there about all the boys sitting down after training one night, and Tooves came along with a pile of envelops, and went along the boys 1 by 1, looking at them, flicking through his envelopes, then handing the invite over. When he got to Ridge he looked up, grunted, and moved along to the next person in line lol

lismore_fan said:
Toov's had hair...
looks like a Year 8 school boy

Lowie had hair, too.

How cut was Matthew Ridge!
Great vid, KE

Ridge was always cut , i remember he won a mini triathlon ****ted in , against an ironn man some union dude another league player & there was 2 more i just forgot who they were,it was on channel ten back in mid 90`s use to be a kind a of battle of the athletes see who was the fittest he kicked them big time , he use to work out with Ian roberts..

I liked Ridgey alot, he was one of my favourite players with menzies,lyons & roberts ..

i see a few faces there i knew , cant believe how young OJ looks Mathew Ridge made Dunford look like a 3rd grader with that weight exercise he does about two to his one.. i also see THE MULE there , at the start its Tony Iro with Ridge doing the star jumps, dont see John jones though but then again im only half way through slow net i been downloading torrents used up all me gigs, so i just pause it while its loading , hate the stop start ****..

i wonder how the hell Tooves gets over that tall fence type of exercise

whos the conditioner?? looks like micheal beattie ex st george player.. how come i havent seen SNOZ?

This is actually from and old video I've still got laying around called 'The Converts'. It's a doco on Michael O'Conner and Matthew Ridge changing codes from Union to League. In it, Lowe says another All Black agreed verbally to come to Manly at the same time as Ridge. He doesn't name him but Ridge says it was Zinzan Brooke but he backed out at the last minute. I reckon he would've been great in League, but apparently there was a pen shortage then as well ;)

mosto said:
This is actually from and old video I've still got laying around called 'The Converts'. It's a doco on Michael O'Conner and Matthew Ridge changing codes from Union to League. In it, Lowe says another All Black agreed verbally to come to Manly at the same time as Ridge. He doesn't name him but Ridge says it was Zinzan Brooke but he backed out at the last minute. I reckon he would've been great in League, but apparently there was a pen shortage then as well ;)

The English have done one recently with Jonathon Davies, Martin Offiah, Jason Robinson, Gareth Thomas etc.

Often felt that Richie McCaw would be exceptional playing league.

Yep it was zinzan brooke

We got lucky with the timing with Ridge, we was behind John Gallagher as all blacks fullback, so decided to sign with us. Then 3 days later Gallagher announced his signing with Leeds, if ridge had have known he would have stayed in rugby

Then half way through the year from memory we got some kiwi forward was ok nothing great last name was shelford..

Went through some of me VHS tapes last night, & 1 of them games i have is the 1st yr we got back from the northern eagles crap, we playing saints Kite is still playing for them, Hoppa is playing for us, Lima & Cannings with King in the engine room , thats all we had lol.. Reeves fullback feriss half with dorn 5/8, Watmough was there same as menzies, lol i was watching it thinking here is beaver playing in a bits & pieces team, i wish i could whisper in his ear `dont worry mate in 5yrs you`ll be on top of the league world again`

What about Jughead Jones and The Mule Hosko-no wonder they retired early lol.
They were good years-BOZO!!!!

quinny said:
What about Jughead Jones and The Mule Hosko-no wonder they retired early lol.
They were good years-BOZO!!!!

yep bunch of no names that worked hard every weekend for us & we were proud :).. suppose i could add OJ too that too..

wasn`t the hooker o`donnell something like that ..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6