WELCOME TO LEEDS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

loiners

How ya doing lads,cant believe it's 3 years since we last met.
To all you Manly fans who are travelling to LEEDS may i take this oppotunity in offering you a warm welcome to our city and im sure you'll enjoy your stay in LEEDS.
Up until this week we've had one of our mildest winter's in years,,,,,,,unfortunatley the winter hit back with a vengence with a freezing cold week culminating with a heavy snowfall on Saturday,so leave your budgie smuglers at home.
safe journey to the UK and look forward to meeting up with you lads for a few pre game beers,,,,,,take it easy

loiners said:
To all you Manly fans who are travelling to LEEDS may i take this oppotunity in offering you a warm welcome to our city and im sure you'll enjoy your stay in LEEDS.
Up until this week we've had one of our mildest winter's in years,,,,,,,unfortunatley the winter hit back with a vengence with a freezing cold week culminating with a heavy snowfall on Saturday,so leave your budgie smuglers at home.
safe journey to the UK and look forward to meeting up with you lads for a few pre game beers,,,,,,take it easy

G'day loiners. Sadly, i'll not be there but thanks on behalf of all those who are travelling. Excellent post mate, but you spelt Manly wrong. You'll find it's MANLY! ;)

Joiners, the MWTS are set on bringing back the World Cup AND any drinking Trophies on offer :p

Look after them as they are the Great Unwashed in Oz,loving the most envied Team in the NRL :D

May the weather be as warm as the posts (so far) by the Rhinos Fans.

Another g'day from me loiners...nice welcoming post mate..wish i was going but am sure you'll have a fab time with the MWTS..
Enjoy drinking with the group and lets hope its a great game...
I'll go 24-8 to the mighty Eagles

loiners said:
A very warm welcome to you on our forum loiners
You sound very friendly and hospitable
I see the winter has hit you hard but nothing is going to hit you harder than our Mighty Sea Eagles when they arrive 2 weeks time my friend .

See you in about 5 days guys. By the way a hot and sunny 33 in Brisbane today so I suppose I am about to get a big shock

Mark from Brisbane said:
See you in about 5 days guys. By the way a hot and sunny 33 in Brisbane today so I suppose I am about to get a big shock
They're forecasting -20 for next week so wear all your Manly Premiership jerseys under the spiffy MWTS gear :D

It was about 30 in Syd today, I am looking forward to a couple weeks worth of cold winter weather

Won't be minus 20, I have been keeping an eye on the weather and it's not that bad BUT will be a bloody damn sight colder than Brizvegas at the moment

Leeds people have to be some of the nicest people going round. Love the place soooo jealous I'm sure the boys will take you to the ship inn, mark.

I'm not making any bold predictions about the result of the game.BUT to you HappyManly one trophy you lads wont take back to Oz is any drinking trophy as us Brits excell in pub games.Look forward to meeting up around the pubs of Headingley with the MWTS and putting them to the test. take it easy lads......

Cambo said:
Leeds people have to be some of the nicest people going round. Love the place soooo jealous I'm sure the boys will take you to the ship inn, mark.

Gotta agree there 100% cambo. The welcome in this post is typical of he people in Leeds. I was staggered by there warm welcoming nature. Good luck to all those going this time

Thanks loiners - I'll be over with the first group that arrives early this Saturday (spot of brecky, wipe down with a copy of sporting life and then off to a local hostelry for some EPL)

I'm from the UK originally so will be translating for the group and will help them with any strange customs and rituals they may not have encountered before.

Of course a big part of any trip is spending time with the locals so we look forward to doing that very early on in the piece.

I'm told a visit to the Ship is well worth the effort?

vidmar said:
Thanks loiners - I'll be over with the first group that arrives early this Saturday (spot of brecky, wipe down with a copy of sporting life and then off to a local hostelry for some EPL)

I'm from the UK originally so will be translating for the group and will help them with any strange customs and rituals they may not have encountered before.

Of course a big part of any trip is spending time with the locals so we look forward to doing that very early on in the piece.

I'm told a visit to the Ship is well worth the effort?

Yes its a sound little boozer is The Ship smack in the middle of the city centre but funny as it sounds its hard to find as its tucked down a narrow alleyway off Briggate.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4