Welcome back Vid

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Welcome back to Oz Vid.

Hope you had a good holiday mate, did you get to do any trout fishing in those beautiful clear water rivers / streams while you were over there in NZ.

mate keen to see if you worked any of those marks i sent you and how they fished. Hope you had a good one

Thanks EP, Evening All....

Back safe and sound from the land of the long white cloud despite sub zero temps and 4 on the Richter earthquakes.

Dan, tough fishing on the usual suspects Tongariro, Turanga Taupo, Whatanui & Hatepe rivers due to low water and very clear so fush spooky as all hell.

Had a few on the days I went out though.

Had a drive up to recce the spots you sent me on Sunday (it was about a 40 minute drive from where we were staying) as it had been raining heavily (at long last!) and found the ones close to the bridge but the river was a torrent and very dirty and as you mentioned difficult access.

The road on the map had a locked metal boom gate across it so we couldn't get down it too far to check the other spots and I had a chat with a local copper who told me it is locked all the time so we would have had to enter via the top way (Stevenson way).

I was going out with a local mate (Who guides for a living) on the Monday so decided to ask him re the river (in general - didn't give him the exact spots!).

Told me it was best with the heavy water flow on the river at the time to fish lures rather than on fly so stayed local on the Tuesday and had to head back to Auckland on the Wednesday so didn't hit your spots but really appreciate the advice...

I've been to the area a few times now and have also got some good spots so let me know if you are heading there at some stage and happy to reciprocate?

Cheers
Vid

ps I've sent a text to Berkeley Eagle to see if he can suggest a good pre-game meeting spot for the Travelling Supportahs going to WIN next week so will post that and the rest of the plans soon for those planning on travelling to support the boys - In the meantime the club is taking a bus see here to book...

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/event-booking.asp

spewing there is a gate there. It looks to have changed alot on google maps when I was doing the spots so likely some of the run off from the new housing areas there would have made the spot a bit worse.

Its a real shame, i use to have great success there.

Sorry they weren't better mate

No worries Dan,
Always worth a look so again, thanks for the tips
Had a good time and managed some good fish so all good
Cheers
Vid

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4