Weirdler reporting snake wants a a new deal for 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I read two articles yesterday regarding Manly one was about DCE hosting reading classes for small kids and was a glowing endorsement of his character, the other was this. Trying my best to read between the lines it is becoming pretty clear to me that Brett Stewart is a negative influence at Manly. Wielder would have not written that article without the knowledge of Stewart or his management. It defends his point of view and basically says despite the money thrown at DCE, Stewart is the club's glue. One of the most interesting lines;

"Those who want Stewart to get over it do not understand the landscape at Manly. He had to sit there and watch as his brother Glenn was ushered out of the club without an offer and then he saw his "brother" Anthony Watmough become so peeved with the club he loved that he had to get out. "

I'm sorry but Stewart needs to grow up tomorrow or leave asap. Now that a spoon is a real possibility, his attitude is embarrassing. DCE is the future of the club now and in my opinion, rightly so. We should never have to read an article like this ever again. Stewart is paid to play football, that means his opinion on player retention is not needed. It is clear now the senior group got way too comfortable and now its time to move them along probably as quick and respectfully as we can. As good as he is, I don't think anyone can convince themselves that he's doing a better job than Trbojevic would be. It's a bit selfish of Stewart to try and further withhold the fullback position from Trbojevic in my opinion.

Last edited:
Ah look, if he hates dce so much, and the club for what they've done to his "brothers", he wouldn't be asking for an extension.
Where else will he go? He doesn't have any other clubs that are interested as Parra spent their cap on his "Brothers". This has gone on way too long for it to be nothing.

Its like the old guy at work who thinks when he retires the place will crumble without him.
Guess what old balls -It doesn't .Morale generally picks up when old grumpy departs.
Morale probably stays good until young balls becomes old balls.
And it's been this way for generation after generation.
^ (Come to think of it ,this is more directed at old buggars I have worked with in the past ,more so than Snake). I think withstanding injury he has two good years left at this level.

Last edited:
Don't be too harsh. The content comes from Weedler which means it has no more credence than a prepaid Alan Jones dummy spit. Every week Weedler dishes up his carefully confected 'excuses' for those in his prepaid stable.

Don't be too harsh. The content comes from Weedler which means it has no more credence than a prepaid Alan Jones dummy spit. Every week Weedler dishes up his carefully confected 'excuses' for those in his prepaid stable.
I believe many of the Manly factions have been trying to use the media to their advantage, more so this year. Anthony Watmough seems to be quite close to Weedler so theres a stewart link for you. It's clear that Tooves does the fox show to give himself an ally in the media (The Telegraph sure as hell isn't his ally). My point being that this article is too favouring to stewart for him or his management to have nothing to do with it. From where I'm standing anyway.

Snake has played well this year. He is 2nd or 3rd on our MOM scores.

From a playing perspective & political issues aside, I wouldn't spill my bikkies if he was offered a 1 year deal. Turbo is 18. Whether he is 19 or 20 when he becomes the permanent FB isn't much of an issue. Plus he is already signed to 2017.

In a funny way offering Snake the swansong might be a sensible way to end the factions within the team. If Stewart gets a deal he would see that as winning. DCE has already won. Now everyone is even....

Maybe this way they can forget the past and all move on. Maybe even unite to push for 15th.

If he doesn't get a swansong, this faction **** will go for at least another year.

Maybe it's just going to come down to whether or not the club can afford to spend another $600,000 in 2017. I'm happy for Snake to stay but we've got to be realistic about our priorities going forward.....let's not forget we are already suffering from a shortage on quality forwards.

They can probably do it. That way Killer, Snake, Matai and Ballin come off at the same time Tom and Jake Turbo and Gutho are up for new deals. We can move straight from one gen to the next. Seamless.

Ah look, if he hates dce so much, and the club for what they've done to his "brothers", he wouldn't be asking for an extension.
I have to disagree. He like most other players would probably want to play out his remaining years with Manly. Wouldn't you?
I know if I was a long serving player who took pay cuts to ensure DCE could remain at Manly years ago I would be angry to. I am sure a lot of the players are. Is he really worth that much a year? What about the juniors up and coming? They will expect more money or move on to other clubs.
No room for more players to be bought all because 1 player is getting $1.5 a year! It's a joke really. All he did on Friday night was set up 1 try.
Yes he's a good asset for our club but not the best. And to play on the Titans deal to ensure he got what they were offering him to remain at Manly, I've lost all respect for him.

They can probably do it. That way Killer, Snake, Matai and Ballin come off at the same time Tom and Jake Turbo and Gutho are up for new deals. We can move straight from one gen to the next. Seamless.
With what money? There won't be much. Especially now players see what DCE is on. They will expect bigger deals.

I have to disagree. He like most other players would probably want to play out his remaining years with Manly. Wouldn't you?
I know if I was a long serving player who took pay cuts to ensure DCE could remain at Manly years ago I would be angry to. I am sure a lot of the players are. Is he really worth that much a year? What about the juniors up and coming? They will expect more money or move on to other clubs.
No room for more players to be bought all because 1 player is getting $1.5 a year! It's a joke really. All he did on Friday night was set up 1 try.
Yes he's a good asset for our club but not the best. And to play on the Titans deal to ensure he got what they were offering him to remain at Manly, I've lost all respect for him.
I feel Brett could easily get a contract overseas. If he demanded a release I can think of a few NRL teams that would love him. I don't think Brett loves DCE, they're not besties, but I don't believe there's disdain for him.
I also agree that DCE isn't worth $1.5 million a season, but we can't hate him for that because we don't even know if that's what he's earning. We can speculate, and we're all sure it's a good salary, but none of us know. Could be $1 million a year + tpa's, could be loads more.
I also don't like bringing up the "some players took pay cuts" argument. It appears most of those contracts were back ended, and they didn't really take a pay cut. Besides, even if they did, they won Grand Finals. They can't take pay cuts to win grand finals and then whinge that they took pay cuts and won grand finals.

DCE said the other day that snake and him have had their differences, and aren't mates off the field, but said that when it comes to the club both put their differences aside and give the club 100%.

You see when either of them score they run up to congratulate each other. I don't deny snake is bitter, and I can understand that, but its time to move on.

If snake is still that unhappy I would be happy for him to head to england to get that one last big contract, and then come back as Tommy Turbo mentor.

I thought the DCE contract was 10 mill over 8 years that's 1.25 mill per season (it could easily be a lot less given TPA's) .
Also, regarding the boy's contracts...if they have chosen to take a pay cut to stay together then so be it, they enjoyed the time but they can't say life's unfair because they didn't get enough out of it. That's not meant to sound cruel...that's just life and you move on.

Yes I've been one of bs greatest followers but another year"" I don't know at the end of 2017 we will have retired Stewart , matia , ballin , and killer at the end of 2016 throw in horo and Lawrence yes there will be plenty of cash but manly if signing Stewart to his swansong year happens they would want to keep tom t and gutherson in the loop or the roosters etc will swoop . And that is the big worry to me . As great Stewart has been for our club I think it will be time to move him on at the end of 16 season , you don't want that 1 season to long happening. Imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6