Web Browsers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
it means you will get download speeds between 20 - 60 KB per second, maybe more.

Quick question - now that I have got rid of Norton Antivirus, what can I use for spam filtering? I use Outlook for emails.

avast antivirus has a spam filter in it but I am sure Narc can offer a good idea

I'd firstly wait and see how the Avast spam filter goes to be honest.

Other than that, I can think of two things you can do:
1) If you want to stay with Outlook, then check out SpamBayes at http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ . Now, this is for Outlook, not Outlook Express (although it can work with Outlook Express with a little tweaking).
2) If you only use Outlook for the email side of things (not the calendar or anything) then use Thunderbird (the 'sister' application of Firefox). It provides spam filtering by default and is found at http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ .

I recommend either of these options as they both implement Bayesian spam filtering. This form of filtering is a learning system so as you go along and start to correct its suggestions as to what is spam and what is not, it gets better at recognising it.

Thunderbird will import all of your Outlook data (apparently, I haven't done it before) and is great if you just want email. I can't vouch for SpamBayes as I've never used it, but at least we can presume that it would work, as the theory is fairly sound.

The one thing I can recommend to anyone is this: never delete your spam. I've kept all of mine (only 3448 :( ) in a separate folder. That may sound strange but this way, if ever I move to a different email program, I've already got a history of spam, ready to train my next client with...

Narc, I heard Firefox dropped market share again recently

Well... from what I've read, it's mainly because the older versions of Netscape were identifying themselves as Firefox. Now that they use Netscape, those numbers will drop a little...

@Utility Player and Goldie: good to hear guys! Really glad to help out, though please don't give us an invitation like that Goldie: we'll never stop, and we'll end up devolving into recommending various Linux distributions :)

I am quite suprised you and dan arnt trying to get everyone to set up a LAN with a linux server.

Well... I think it's better that we answer a real need, as opposed to just pushing the Free / Open Source Software agenda.

However, my goal for this year is to be Windows free by the end of the year: we'll see how that goes :)

the obvious answer to that fluffy are there are no doors within linux either, especially backdoors

Is that one of your own Narc?

I like it.

Yeah CW Narc doesnt live in Mosman, hes aware there is a world out there :)

Oh my god... two compliments in a row. Thanks guys (as I wipe away a tear...).

Not mine I'm afraid, but happy to pass it off as mine.

Dan's only snappy because he's not very good at real comebacks (and Fro that's true: the whole Mosman thing doesn't help him out).

the only reason you would be stuck in mosman is because your hauling your westie asses to the beach and creating traffic chaos...i am not stuck here.....****in westie scum

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6