Weakness for Next Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wizball1973

Reserve Grader
Halfway through the season I felt we needed a prop.

However, next year we will have:

King and Kite to start
Rose and Lussick on the bench

Joe can slot in if required

I think that we might actually be short in the back three:

Stewart - dodgy knee
Wolf - may not play again / injured often
Hoppa - gone
Robertson
Oldfield

Of the 4 we have, 2 are injury prone and 1 is still green. Where is the backup? Whare?

Thoughts?

Weaknesses: learning to throw a straight jab.
I don't think Gift could hit a telephone booth if he was inside it!

Green isn't a ereal problem, just look at Hoppa, Buhrer & Lussick.

Apparently Astro Boy is coming back, Williams should be good to go. We also have young Ben Shorter & Blake Davey in reggies who will be pushing up with Whare for a start. Oldfield is a fullback (despite peoples observations) and Farrar will be there. I think Davey has played the odd game at fullback but not ones that I've seen.

Before anyone dismisses what I'm saying, remember back to the start of this year when DCE & Lussick were considered as unknowns. Trust me, you have to trust the club on this one.

Yeah mate, that's the rumour anyway.
If not, between the young blokes, at least one of them will be a superstar.

The Who said:
Weaknesses: learning to throw a straight jab.
I don't think Gift could hit a telephone booth if he was inside it!

chests are too big and muscly, cant reach straight

Duff said:

where did you hear that?
hmmmmm... good if true

It sounds like it is nearly past the line and Farrar is a perfect fit versatility wise to replace Hoppas spot in the squad

I think we can cover most of those spots from within. The worry for me is second year syndrome of DCE. However if he doesn't suffer from it we'll be even better and win the Minor Premiership by the length of the straight.

The intent was always to bring Farrar back if they had some wriggle room under the cap in 2012. Still to be confirmed.

I think it's amazing and a tribute to the club that we haven't spent any money on bringing big name players in.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
I think it's amazing and a tribute to the club that we haven't spent any money on bringing big name players in.
Don't worry, I'm sure Paul Kent will find fault with our policy.

Daniel said:
Duff said:

where did you hear that?
hmmmmm... good if true

If you mean Farrar, i read it here first.

If you mean my judgement of the youngens, I'll dig my own grave on that one.

Never fear.......last week Jamie Buhrer played wing against the first placed team. Dessie loves playing him there ;) LOL

this week he is in the 6 agianst the worlds best five eighth

Farrer said himself at the awards night he'd be looking to come back in 2012 if there was room. We haven't heard anything since and things change so not sure. It would be good to have him back. Was always a class act on and off the field.

Not a huge Farrar fan at all. He has 100% dig & filled in reasonably well but imo lacks genuine pace & was very shaky under the high ball. Good enough fill in during the season but come big games would be murdered by any half or 5/8 with a good kicking game. As for the weakness, heard the same thing pre season in 2011 & look at us now.

Weakness for next year-trying to keep something back for the finals.Keeping under the radar...hahaha...not likely next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2