We Wuz Wobbed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
All of the Queensland media outlets must have their kanaka slaves peddling overtime today as the airwaves are full of conspiracy theories and we woz robbed sentiment for both the horses and the Tits. 

Noone seems to mention we only had one penalty in the 2nd half and the Broncos were awarded a double movement try.

to be fair, i didn;t think it was double movement. Also to be fair, both of the controversial tries for Manly were tries and that prince did look like he interferred with the maker, but in saying that, if he did from 20 out it wouldn't have been a penalty.

Thurstons WAS a double movement by every definition of the rule

- Prince was a 50-50 call and Junior Sal Milked it, but I am happy for the call to go against them

- Lyon, the ball hit his hip without his hands being anywhere. the Hip does not constitute a knock on, it was then grounded by his torso....fair try
If it hadn't have been he had an argument for a penalty try as he was pushed not shouldered out of the way

- Lyon's other try he did not deliberately tip it over the guys head, he went up to try to compete for it, fair try

Watch it again.

He hit the turf, and whilst momentum carried him over he still lifted and then drove his arm forward

Dan link said:
- Lyon, the ball hit his hip without his hands being anywhere. the Hip does not constitute a knock on, it was then grounded by his torso....fair try
If it hadn't have been he had an argument for a penalty try as he was pushed not shouldered out of the way

I couldn't work out what the dicks on ch 9 were carring on about with this try, saying it was a definet knock on. Now I'm not up to date with all the new rule changes (too f'ing many) but say this was in a kick off situation, reciever lets the ball hit his hip then picks it up and it's play on so why would this be a knock on in the ingoal. Refs had no drama but then I think they like to carry on about decisions just to make their commentary more interesting.

They were saying that you can not ground a ball if you say dive through the air and the ball is in mid air, and you force it from that spot with your chest. That is a knock on because you never had control.

That is what they were going on about. The fact it came off of Lyon's hip and never had any seperation from it either it was a try and they were lucky it wasnt an 8 point try too

Volley link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180347.msg222203#msg222203 date=1241996124]
Watch it again.

He hit the turf, and whilst momentum carried him over he still lifted and then drove his arm forward

Disagree. Zero arm movement
[/quote]

Disagree lots of arm movement, especially as he tried to put the ball down the second time.

He lifted his arm, and then was forced in goals by the defender, as soon as he lifted the arm, he had no more right to try to improve the position whether momentum put him there or not

actually if momentum carried him there he has every right to lift, wriggle, push etc to get the ball down

I think JT's was about as border line as you get and could have gone either way - I think there was a small second movement along with some forward momentum, the first time I saw it live I thought double movement.

Fluffy link said:
actually if momentum carried him there he has every right to lift, wriggle, push etc to get the ball down

Not if he lifted his arm he doesnt

Ball did not touch the ground from what I recall.  Every right to promote the ball.  To me it is a similar situation to if you are held up over the line and struggle to get it down. 

Garts link said:
Ball did not touch the ground from what I recall.  Every right to promote the ball.  To me it is a similar situation to if you are held up over the line and struggle to get it down. 

The ball and his entire arm hit the ground. If the arm hits the ground its the same as the ball hitting the ground.

He then lifted his arm up, and was pushed just short of the line, only the ball was over and he had to force and move to get it there.

I don't think he lifted his arm up, it was more of a bounce as part of the momentum personally, and at no time he promoted the ball forward, he put it straight down, not forward and down

The reason he ended up over the line, and it was more than just the ball that was over it, was at least half of his arm, was because of the defender that jumped in from behind

Possibly a 50/50 call, but I always thought try

form mine he lifted and pushed forward. it was the push forward which you can see (down and forward) that put enough doubt in it for mine.

It had no bearing on the end result so it didnt matter but I personally thought the ref got it right, and had they been playing us we would have been happy with the decision and livid if it were given a try

It cost me 10 fantasy points though :p

The fact that so many people can be arguing both sides shows that it isn't a black and white situation, and nobody is really right or wrong

Like that obstruction from the test as well, personally I thought it was a try, but mates beside me disagreed. Was frustrating to see it be a no try though after Inglis' one against us was the same scenario yet passed the examination after 1 look !!!

I thought the obstruction from the test was a try, but then I re-watched it and Manu isnt the one that got obstructed, there is a Kiwi running from inside and he is impeded by Hodges. You have to keep your eye away from Manu though.

I think the big test for any decision is how you would feel if that was given against your team.

*beats head against wall whilst muttering "double movement rule is stupidest rule in RL"*

Dan link said:
I think the big test for any decision is how you would feel if that was given against your team.

Video ref may as well just rule everything no try based on that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8