We won't make the Top 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jake T, DCE and Foran MUST remain injury free. These guys can't be replaced atm.

Oh and Lyon for obvious reasons aswell.

"That's one small step for man One giant leap to the finals for the mighty Sea eagles "
Neil Armstrong .
20610_977296532315703_4122148733771850780_n.jpg

No doubt it's doable, a very tough ask and a few cards have to fall our way, but it is doable, just one week at a time !!

We need to win all of our games and need either the Dragons or the Dogs to drop a game that they probably should win. It can definitely happen but I can also see us just missing out. Time will tell.

Does anyone think that Souths may struggle to win any of their next 4 being Cowboys, Bulldogs, Brisbane and Roosters?

As unlikely as it seems if they can't snare a win in any of those matches, it'll be them we may jump.
I think they will win at least 1 of them, it would be funny if they didn't though.

Does anyone think that Souths may struggle to win any of their next 4 being Cowboys, Bulldogs, Brisbane and Roosters?

As unlikely as it seems if they can't snare a win in any of those matches, it'll be them we may jump.

Beating the dogs would be a better result for us, but i can see the dogs wanting to avenge the Good Friday fiasco and getting the win.

Any team that improves its for and against by an aggregate of 70 points over three games this late in the season is an excellent chance of making the finals. Apart from the hiccup at Brookvale a few weeks back against the Stockmen (which happened right about when the '14 players unwanted' story came out), the team has been performing very well. I expect that to continue as you can see the confidence and belief, that was missing for much of the year, back with a vengeance.

Any team that improves its for and against by an aggregate of 70 points over three games this late in the season is an excellent chance of making the finals. Apart from the hiccup at Brookvale a few weeks back against the Stockmen (which happened right about when the '14 players unwanted' story came out), the team has been performing very well. I expect that to continue as you can see the confidence and belief, that was missing for much of the year, back with a vengeance.
Yep I agree mate,we have a lot to play for as even Toovey alone is enough plus our pride.We have Mason who is getting on in years,plus foran will be out to proove he still has heart at manly plus our youngsters wanting to compete for a full time gig next year under a new coach.The list could go on.I believe we can win the next 4 games.

Then the next 3 or 4 after that!

Something else to ponder:
Over the last five rounds of the Top 8 teams, only the Roosters and Sharks have won all five games. Manly (outside the 8 of course) is next best with four wins. The much vaunted Stockmen have only won three games plus a bye over that period. Ditto Souths. The Brumcos have won just three games, along with the Drizzle. The Dishlickers and the SGI Credit Union have only won two games each.
In short, Manly are one of the form teams now.

Last edited:
Then the next 3 or 4 after that!

Something else to ponder:
Over the last five rounds of the Top 8 teams, only the Roosters and Sharks have won all five games. Manly (outside the 8 of course) is next best with four wins. The much vaunted Stockmen have only won three games plus a bye over that period. Ditto Souths. The Brumcos have won just three games, along with the Drizzle. The Dishlickers and the SGI Credit Union have only won two games each.
In short, Manly are one of the form teams now.

Which confirms the old adage that Grand Finals are never won early in the year!!

Souffs fans are real worried! We will not drop more than one game of the remaining rounds, the rest is out of our hands.
9th would suck but it could have been much worse, embarrassing even.
We won the comp the following year when we last finished 9th. Could be a good omen. But I'd prefer to win the. Only this year TBH.

Nein in QLD were beside themselves recently when King Wally the Wanker proudly declared it would be a Donkeys v Cowgirls GF.

Lol they might have to reconsider

"That's one small step for man One giant leap to the finals for the mighty Sea eagles "
Neil Armstrong .
View attachment 2158
Neil was a big Sea Eagles fan. Never missed a Manly game when he was out here. There is a transcript from the Apollo 11 mission, where Neil enquired about Freddy Jones' false teeth and Bob Batty's goalkicking averages during the1969 season.

Last edited:
For a really long time I was struggling to fathom how we were going to avoid the spoon, so I have to remind myself how fantastic it is to even be in with a shot at the finals. Making the finals is great for obvious reasons, but I don't think we have the forwards to win the competition, so even just extending our run of 11 consecutive years of finals football would be a nice consolation prize.

The Donkeys let us down, they should have won this week v Dogs. Ralphie, I respect where your coming from, and you are right, we are worse placed out of Dogs, Dragoons and Us.

I think the bigger thing is if Bunji will miss some games now with a hamstring injury that, may end the dragoons season.

The reality is we lost 3 games we probably should have won. (Panthers, Dogs and Cowboys)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6