We won't make the Top 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's been good to see some good footy played in the past few weeks. Great to see the turbos emerge. Some good signings coming. A bit of a clear out. Killer has been massive. Snake playing like I didn't think he could anymore. DCE staying. Foran back to his best. Matais hit on Tyrell. And Jorge Tafua injury free and killing it. A roller coaster of a season and there will be ups and downs on the way to the end of a season. I really hope we make it but will be able to see the upside of a full off season and preparation for 2016 success.

Geoff Toovey has been so impressive this year it defies belief. I hope he gets the Aussie job and coaches them to dominance over NZ and Foran every single game. Robbing the treacherous turd of his only chance to hold a trophy for the rest of his career.

The bottom 4 teams can pull upsets as no-one wants the spoon. And suddenly you get a team thinking they will waltz over another and turn up in the wrong mind set, and bang they go down.

I am massively concerned about the next 2 weeks. We just can't drop a game over the Eels and Raiders. I can see us turning up against the Roosters and giving them a touch up.

People are saying that 28 points will get you in the finals (which is usually the case ) But i think this year it may be 30 , and that being the case Manly will have to win all there games . A tough ask
So with that in mind i went to the NRL predictor i sought my results and i have Manly making the 8 and the storm missing the 8 with Manly Bulldogs Dragons and Rabbits all finishing on 30
But it's kind of pointless in a way cause if i could predict it to finish that way
Why am i in the bottom 1/2 of the tipping comp
But in saying that i'll enjoy the ride cause at the moment it's a lot better ride than it was in the first 1/2 of the season

The bottom 4 teams can pull upsets as no-one wants the spoon. And suddenly you get a team thinking they will waltz over another and turn up in the wrong mind set, and bang they go down.

I am massively concerned about the next 2 weeks. We just can't drop a game over the Eels and Raiders. I can see us turning up against the Roosters and giving them a touch up.

Absolutely! Forgot all about the bottom 4's desperation to avoid the spoon, hence the potential upsets, which should benefit us.

However, i don't see speels upsetting us, as we are more desperate in our run, and also have a personal score to settle... and on our spiritual ground!

I predict 8th will be on 28 points and a F/A tie with 9th.

A big win against the Raiders will all but rule them out

Well if our three wins since our last loss (against three teams above us on the ladder at the time) are any guide, Manly is quite capable of finishing the regular season with a positive for and against in the 80-100 points range. Assuming all the remaining games end in Manly wins, that should be enough.

I hope we do make the finals but the way other results went this week it's seems unlikely.
The roosters game will be our GF as I don't think we can afford to lose a single game to make it.
Missing the finals sucks but atleast we aren't contenders for the spoon anymore.

It seems to go in waves. This week nearly all upsets. If we are going to make the 8 then F/A will only be an issue when compared to Storm as they are 90 points in front. The other have to loss more games then us and will slide back on F/A.

The good news (great actually), it is in our hands. If we can hold form then we CAN win the next 4 games. At 30 points we wont have to worry about anyone else.

That said I give us a 40% chance.

On the balance of probability I think you're right. But there's cause for hope. The dragons prior to last week had lost 7 in a row. They've had 2 wins against crippled sides. I think they'll lose to the Broncs and could lose one of their other ones. Dogs are a bit the same, but their draw is unbelievably easy. Any way you look at it we have to win all our games, and bar parra, all our games are tough. Twill be a tragedy if we miss them, given all the **** the team has had to withstand this year.

I was about to post a new thread called We won't win the Grand Final but thought better of it.

One thing to keep in mind ... the choking factor. Teams like Illawarra and also the Raiders are quite capable of turning to mush as the finals loom into view. Could still help us out.

Manly can win all their games on current form. But the lack of a buffer is a problem.

At this time of the season strange results can happen as the top four teams think more about September than this Sunday, and the knocked out teams play free-flowing no-risk footy.

It's all about THE next game. Win that - and convincingly, then see what happens!

The fear of Manly is starting to create ripples, and a 4th quality win on the trot will send waves of panic.

We wanna cause unrest, and even though we don't play some of these refugees occupying our rightful position - our charge shall f###k with their mental prep, and they shall falter amongst weaker yet desperate opposition!

Last edited:
As long as Jake T stays on the field leading our pack superbly we will win the games and make the 8. Seems too simple but there's something very inspiring about him. And I'm sure the rest of his teammates are feeding off it. He's a winner

If we win all our games we will make the 8 imo (Stgeorge wont win all their games). That being said the chances of us winning all those games in a row is extremely slim. Ill be happy if we just keep up the effort from the last few weeks even if we don't make the 8. Either way im excited for next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6