We were crap tonight and got away with it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Sorry. Woeful showing. We got away with the 2 pts. DCE's break resulting in Brett's try was the standout highlight of the whole affair.

Yes, but consider this. We were canned 5-1 in the penalties in the first half. We gifted them their first try; that will not happen again this year. And Parra scored their second try because Hoppa was injured.
We got serious in the second half, and did just enough to win.
Two points: that's all that matters.

So true, great we got the 2 points but a woeful performance, hopefully next week against Bulldogs we play a whole lot better. Gotta perserve our unbeaten Brookvale record for this year too!!!

The Who said:
Yes, but consider this. We were canned 5-1 in the penalties in the first half. We gifted them their first try; that will not happen again this year. And Parra scored their second try because Hoppa was injured.

We didn't get serious at all. They gifted us 2 tries in the 2nd half and we should not have won at all. We finished the last 10 mins as disgracefully as we started.

The Who said:

We were handed two tries, thanks Jarryd and Hicksy, we were never serious in attack all match and for about 10% in defence.

I'd rather we were crap and win, then crap and lose.

Slow start, caned early in the penalties and low intensity gave Parra a sniff. When we notched it up a cog Parra couldn't cope. Late try to them made it look close.

I quite enjoyed how Parra thought that they were going to win one. Must have been wetting themselves with excitement at halftime. Only to have it so easily snatched away through their total incompetence. LOL....they deserve it. We played decent footy for about 20 minutes and that was enough to see off this bunch of fools.

But we still WON!
Forget this game. If you every played any sport you should know you can't be on your best every week. NRL is a mental challenge.
We played well against Easts and won = two points.
We played average against Eels and won = two points

Bring on the Dogs - then we'll really fire up for the last two matches.

Crap is the understatement of the century!

We were that crap that we where the crap that crap eats and craps out.

This is a game we should have put everyone on notice that we are here to another premiership.

eagles2win said:

This is a game we should have put everyone on notice that we are here to another premiership.
Have you forgotten what happened in 2008? We played poorly in a couple of matches around this same time - and lost. This time we won.

Oh, and if you weren't around in 2008 we won 40-nil.

The Who said:
eagles2win said:

Have you forgotten what happened in 2008? We played poorly in a couple of matches around this same time - and lost. This time we won.

I was around in 2008 and was at the game when we won 40 - Nil.

The difference between now and then we looked better in 2008 then we do now winning games.

To quote Techinical Coach the more I see the more I'm not liking. Our good games are few and far between.

The Who said:
eagles2win said:

In 2008 the only contender we didn't beat in the regular season was scum. We looked good in attack and we were consistent.

This team is a shadow of that team.

Ralphie said:
The Who said:
eagles2win said:

In 2008 the only contender we didn't beat in the regular season was scum. We looked good in attack and we were consistent.

This team is a shadow of that team.
I agree we will not win this year starting to get injuries too wont help.....

We did get the 2 points,but,it was crap!if we are to be serious contenders,we have to put teams like parra away!Souffs smashed them,and are only JUST an 8 chance.I'm sorry,but scum and bonkos will slaughter us if we play like that!

Meh, I'll worry about it if we play crap in the finals (then stop worrying about it the next day because it'll all be over).

All the worrying in the world won't help guys, just sit back & enjoy the ride. Take pleasure in the small things, like getting to pay out on Parra fans.

Wolfpack is dead right.FFS enjoy the ride.If we don't win this year,we'll win it soon.We are Manly after all.

I can't get over all this negative crap. This season has been a bonus, no tipped us to make the 8. Most on here expected us to struggle yet we will finish top 3 or higher. To use a 2005 quote we have overachieved

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4