We Really Need Change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
As I ready myself for the trip to Brookie I can't help but think ack to where we were i 2007 & 2008. 2nd on the ladder behind the cheating scum and looking like Premiership heavy weights.

Fast forward and in 2009 we slipped to 5th and in 2010 we will be 7th, 8th or 9th and it is obvious we are on the slide. Whilst I accept we have had injury problems this year I can't help but wonder if we will be able to reverse the slide next ear. We haven't made a purchase of note in the past 2 years and we haven't made any for next year.

If next year continues the slide we will be way overdue for a clean out. Here's hoping for a great Fathers day.

Come now, this year we had a brand new rookie halves pairing, two big name backs out the entire season and a few games go the wrong way by no fault of our own. Would any other team make the top 8 under these circumstances?

I am over all this melodramatic crap, win or lose I will be there supporting my team, hopeful as always for the future, I know that one day I will stand by the sidelines as my team lifts the trophy and thats all that matters. Its not a matter of if, but when.

I'm in two minds on this one (probably more than two but this will be a start).
Would I rather a coach on every radio & TV station rambling about how well his team is travelling bar a few problems they're having? I see the Bronco's coach, Newcastle, Cowboys, Parra, Penriff, Doggies' coaches regularly saying their bit.

Funny how the teams in the Top 8 keep their thoughts out of the public domain and only answer direct questions asked. Bellamy, Bennett, the old guy at Souths rarely speak to the media. Sure they do speak but they're definitely not regulars on sports' programming.

Hmm... where does Des fit in? Top 8 or bottom 8.
No fantastic signings? No, we seem just content to swing along, still producing from the NYC & Qld Cup. Souffs were world beaters in last year's off-season. I read it that often it MUST have been true. Pray we win today and Souffs don't even get IN the Top 8.

The Salary Cap has certainly taken its toll on Manly considering we were Grand Finalists in 2007 & 2008. The SC is designed to share the talent. Sad, but real, we can't be in the GF every year.

Our year isn't finished just quite yet but I certainly hope our time hanging around 7th & 8th is finished and we can return to our rightful position on the ladder in the Top 3.

Ralphie link said:
If next year continues the slide we will be way overdue for a clean out. Here's hoping for a great Fathers day.

Look at the changes to our squad since our championship year. By next season we’ll have farewelled Ox, Bell, Beaver, Bryant, Willo, Cuthbo, LÉstrange, Perry, and Hodkinson. Next year expect new players such as Hoppa, Whare, Oldfield, and Buhrer to get more game time, plus of course Cherry-Evans  is expected to be the new half.

So do you seriously think we are not already undergoing a clean out?

It is impossible to win competitions with the amount of injuries we have had this year. It's also pretty much impossible to sign big name players when you are having to fork out more to keep your current stars. I don't recall too many other teams get the raw end of the deal like we have. How many crap calls have we had against us? how many Monday night games have we played?

I am postive we will be playing next week, wether we lose today or not. I can't see souths getting up against the dragons. Saints do not want to go into the semi's on the back of a loss, although they are renowned chokers.

Rusty link said:
I am over all this melodramatic crap, win or lose I will be there supporting my team, hopeful as always for the future, I know that one day I will stand by the sidelines as my team lifts the trophy and thats all that matters. Its not a matter of if, but when.

Another great post by Rusty.

Our most potent attacking weapon has been missing for 2 years. Not to mention his cover deffence. Take that in to consideration and we have gone very well.

i think everyone needs to get over new signings and big name players, the cap is maxed and id rather see our juniors finally come through, grant mayer was all for the big buys, graham lowe is all for juniors, bring it on i say !

The reality of last year was we finished 5th on a worse for and against than Melbourne (4th) and then had to go to Melbourne and play a team that was $800,000 over the salary cap.

No second chance as we were one of the two lowest ranked losers after the first round of the finals due to some upsets.

If in a perfect world we had no injuries or suspensions we would smash everyone in this upcoming final series.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Ralphie link=topic=185053.msg290330#msg290330 date=1283638537]

So do you seriously think we are not already undergoing a clean out?

There is no clean out or up and coming props in the forwards.  WE keep losing our best to the roosters.

If anyone had any doubts about the need for a clean out, then surely today proved it.

Yes we have Snake & Wolfie to come back in the backs, but TBH our backs have not been the problem. The problem is we have old tired forwards that are past their use by date.

Kite - Has not been the same player since 2008 GF, can count on one hand the good games in the past two years.
Ballin - Excellent
King - See Kite analysis
Choc - Seriously needs to learn how to hold on to the ball and stop giving away penalties
Rodney - excellent
Glen - Has not been the same player since Snake incident
Joe G - A seriously old man
George - We need more than a 20 minute player
Bailey - Nuff said
Cross - Gets thrown around like a rag doll
Seu Seu - Nuff Said

The backs will be great next year, although we will have a rookie half again, but with our forward pack we will get the same **** dished out again.

20/20 hindsight is great I know, but we should have kept JWH and let Kite go.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6