We really haven't adapted

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So you don't think all the injuries & the 2 lacklustre halves are the problem.
Yet the same team with the same coach were not doing this for 3/4 of the season last year ??
Apologies if someone has mentioned this already, but ... the same team? are you joking?
Have a look at the names, for starters. Plus there was a lot of continuity, we had players in settled positions, didn't lose an outside back early in every match etc.

Our team has reached its use-by date, we are changing it, keep your seat belts fastened as we may experience some turbulence.

What I'd like to know is who's picking the squad.

Why wasn't wolfman playing when he better than both wingers and probably the stand in full back.

Which petty fool has blackballed him.

I'm not suggesting a replacement. Maybe Tooves needs more help. I'm just making an observation that tactically we don't seem to have adapted very well. And if you think we have then you have rocks for brains and have probably been watching the wiggles thinking it was a footy game
So Donny Singe, Andrew Johns etc are not good enough help?

What worries me is that St G, Canberra and an under strength panthers are not exactly the heavyweights of the competition.

We need to make some mid season signings eg the dogs/ inu in 2012. With the injuries we have we need some ring ins or some fresh blood to add some energy

So Donny Singe, Andrew Johns etc are not good enough help?
Obviously not. Stop trying to create an argument with me. Our coaching and tactics hasn't been up to scratch. Either blame the help or blame Tooves but it all ultimately reflects on him. Look at the teams that have had success this year. The ability to roll forward is a big component. We don't have a terrible roster. I admit there are other contributors but I've waited 6 weeks and we keep playing the same way.

What I'd like to know is who's picking the squad.

Why wasn't wolfman playing when he better than both wingers and probably the stand in full back.

Which petty fool has blackballed him.

I think its pretty obvious that Wolf is on the outer because of last years betting scandal. If he had simply been out injured last year and was back playing now you could almost bet your house on him being in first grade by now with the injuries we have. But that scandal seems to have killed any reasonable chance of playing first grade with us.

I'd like to see him back in the NRL side but I wouldn't count on it any time soon unless just about every outside back we have goes down injured.

Apart from the obvious in Snake, Killer, Skivy and Peta, the Wolfman has fallen behind Blair, Wiliame and Tom T in the pecking order. And when we get Jorge back it'll be even harder for Wolf to get a game.

Last edited:
Speaking of adapting and playing players in a system that suits their skills. The dragons. I don't think their roster is better than ours. They haven't got a vastly different pack to the one that's been pathetic for years. But they're playing a simple system built on accountability and defence. Why can't we do that. We have a bunch of toilers. Tooves just give them a simple gameplan and start from defense.

Mcgregor in the post match was asked about the defence and he said you defend tough to play pretty. Or I've also heard it as defend gritty to play pretty. Let's just get the maroon wall back and the attack will come

Obviously not. Stop trying to create an argument with me. Our coaching and tactics hasn't been up to scratch. Either blame the help or blame Tooves but it all ultimately reflects on him. Look at the teams that have had success this year. The ability to roll forward is a big component. We don't have a terrible roster. I admit there are other contributors but I've waited 6 weeks and we keep playing the same way.
Your the one with the chip on your shoulder from previous conversations! I was just asking questions- none of them being sarcastic nor in a argumental way. So maybe drop the chip and we can start to have conversations like adults and agree to disagree at times as it's an open forum

Yep the dragons are not a better side on paper than us. But are performing better. Comes down to coaching, attitude etc.

The thing for me was when Willie Mason was on NRL 360 and they were discussing the new interpretations, Willie seemed to have no idea what they were talking about and in fact was saying they hadn't discussed it at all at training. This was about a week out from the start of the season, and all of us on here had a good laugh about it. But was it really a joke, or a setup or whatever? In hindsight maybe we just haven't trained for it. I must say I thought Mason was being genuine at the time, but talked myself into believing he had to be kidding!

The thing for me was when Willie Mason was on NRL 360 and they were discussing the new interpretations, Willie seemed to have no idea what they were talking about and in fact was saying they hadn't discussed it at all at training. This was about a week out from the start of the season, and all of us on here had a good laugh about it. But was it really a joke, or a setup or whatever? In hindsight maybe we just haven't trained for it. I must say I thought Mason was being genuine at the time, but talked myself into believing he had to be kidding!
I think the fact we are fat, have no discipline around the ruck, are slow, lack creativity, overweight, fat... These are all coaching/training issues. The injury toll is what it is but we are also off in a lot of key areas.

Also in case you missed it I really don't get why we have so many ****ing fat players.

Horo has shed his extra pounds by the look of things ,who are the rest of the so many fat players ..(Hiku & ????)

I think the fact we are fat, have no discipline around the ruck, are slow, lack creativity, overweight, fat... These are all coaching/training issues. The injury toll is what it is but we are also off in a lot of key areas.

Also in case you missed it I really don't get why we have so many ****ing fat players.

have to agree. We do look a little fat and unfit. Definitely slower at doing everything on the park then every other team, like playing in slow motion? Probably the softest team in NRL. Even canberra's pack and dragon's are bigger stronger fitter and more intimidating.

I didn't see Georgie on our roster? I really don't think anyone is "fat" but maybe needing "some" conditioning! There maybe reasons for this we are not privy to or it is simply above our pay grade! Being overweight or slow is not the issue with the team atm.

Horo has shed his extra pounds by the look of things ,who are the rest of the so many fat players ..(Hiku & ????)
If you are a looking for a reason why we have so many fat bastards playing for us I heard that Joke Kelly and the Penns appointed Zorba as the clubs Dietician.

Last edited:
I didn't see Georgie on our roster? I really don't think anyone is "fat" but maybe needing "some" conditioning! There maybe reasons for this we are not privy to or it is simply above our pay grade! Being overweight or slow is not the issue with the team atm.
Hiku Killer and Feleti all qualify as fat by modern professional athlete standards.

Killer especially as an outside back could benefit by doing what Gift did in the offseason but there is NO chance anyone at Manly would suggest to him to drop 5 kegs.

Hiku Killer and Feleti all qualify as fat by modern professional athlete standards.

Killer especially as an outside back could benefit by doing what Gift did in the offseason but there is NO chance anyone at Manly would suggest to him to drop 5 kegs.

Killer and Feleti weren't there against Raiders or Panthers so we are still only talking about Hiku? However i do agree that compared to other teams we do look slow

Killer and Feleti weren't there against Raiders or Panthers so we are still only talking about Hiku? However i do agree that compared to other teams we do look slow
I'm talking in general. Hiku won't get in shape of the club captain couldn't be bothered or isn't pushed to.

How many other clubs start 3-5 fat guys? BTW I'm not talking regular Joe fat I'm taking by pro athlete standards.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8