WE must sign some crunching props next year after watching last night's game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back ended contracts happen at every club. The problem for us was we had so many stars that eventually it would catch up with us.Clubs are now trying to stick clear of them and follow the example of the panthers.

@Ryan

What I read is that the " retention committee" is Steve Gigg (Football Manager) Dave Warwick ( recruitment officer) David Perry (CEO ) and Geoff Toovey ( Coach ).

They do the deals , negotiate and decide, the actual Sea Eagles Board just rubber stamp.

So " the board " has little to do with the decision making.

Now this is what I read in the Manly Daily online ,may or may not be correct .

I just hate that everyone blames " the board " when in fact it's probably not the board , every one of those people mentioned are in fact employees NOT board members .

We don't need a massive forward pack like Souths or the Dogs, we just need some half decent go forward. Unfortunately our forward pack this year wouldn't make the bench for most first grade teams.

Andrew.. said:
Ryan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
@Ryan You are another who want to " blame the board", so which board do you wish to get rid of???

The Football Club or the Sea Eagles board.

The only one you ( and any of the actual members) can impact on is the Football Club board, we don't own the Sea Eagles and it's doubtfull any of the owners would step down .

So the only option is the FC board

And getting rid of them does either of two things.

1) gives complete and absolute power to the Penns
2) means status quo, kick the current board out but replace them with like minded people who will just do the same

Which are you in favour of??

The board that has a say over the playing group. The board that should be pulling Toovey into their offices, and saying, "take control of these blokes". Ok, I admit I think that actually DID happen, which is why some players were muzzled, but it was able to spiral out of control again, which is Perrry's, Toovey's, players, media and The Board's fault all combined - and maybe a little of the fans over reacting like me.

There is and was a distinct lack of leadership up top.

Regarding the board, I don't know who's on them, I don't care who's on them. I have no allegiances to anyone. All I ask is that we start looking like a professional unit off the park, not some Mickey Mouse, in fighting, shambles that the media have a field day with. As a paying season ticket holder and member, surely that's my right to want?

Why?

Because it detracts from my enjoyment about watching the team. I sit there watching the team I love, who helped me through a very tough situation this year, thinking, "look at Foran, that spoiled little entitled ...". "Look at Watmough, the trouble maker". I don't want to be thinking about these things.

We lost the majority of our last two months of football, and I think this time around we CAN point fingers at those responsible. The same guys wanting the earth and universe to tell them how wonderful they are.

I really can't include myself in a board debate, because I lack the knowledge about them, who they are, what they do to add any value. What I CAN say, is the board that's running the playing group and Toovey have failed to have the club be perceived as anything but a basket case. If there are two or three or four factions, then they should all be gone. I'm naming no-one.

The Rabbits look like a unified team. Teo and Burgess are leaving, but is everyone within their playing group whingeing, moaning, bitching. Merritt sits in reserve grade, but does he or the club moan and complain? NO. They dig in, play a mature brand of football, as it stands right now.

People can abuse and say what they like to me, but if I hear anymore bull****, while I'll monetarily support the club with being a season ticket holder again, because I vowed to do so, I'll just have apathy for Rugby League.

I support The Sea Eagles. I certainly don't support Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough and a few others right now. It would actually be a relief to see them fark off, so the club could move forward positively with players that want to get in the trenches with each other, like we are seeing the Souths players do right now. Heck, even Parramatta, who finished below us appear to be having a better team spirit than us.

Just the one question Ryan....if we shed all these (so called) troublemakers and finish further down the ladder. Are you then going to be saying Toovey can't coach ?

Absolutely not mate. I remember one night sitting on the Hill with my 8.5 month pregnant missus, watching the Nth Qld Cowboys in the pouring rain down near the fence, with 1500 odd fans max in attendance, when we were struggling.

I remember thinking, "how good is this".

All I ask for, is a group of guys who have passion for our jersey, and I'm there.

Mark from Brisbane said:
@Ryan

What I read is that the " retention committee" is Steve Gigg (Football Manager) Dave Warwick ( recruitment officer) David Perry (CEO ) and Geoff Toovey ( Coach ).

They do the deals , negotiate and decide, the actual Sea Eagles Board just rubber stamp.

So " the board " has little to do with the decision making.

Now this is what I read in the Manly Daily online ,may or may not be correct .

I just hate that everyone blames " the board " when in fact it's probably not the board , every one of those people mentioned are in fact employees NOT board members .

Fair enough mate, but can we have one solitary year, where someone on the board doesn't resign, or there isn't a massive blue, or we hear about someone hating someone etc etc etc.

It's all part of this public perception.

Having other fans tell me the board at Manly are a shambles pisses me off.

One year of just footy, and nothing but footy is all I'm asking for.

The problem is though, is that the players are still ruling the roost. Hopefully Foran wakes up in a Manly mood tomorrow.

Unless we move to a one owner , total control model there will always be issues.

You can bet the boards of NAB, RIO, BHP and many others don't agree on each and every occasion BUT the big difference is those boards don't have a " leak" direct to the media.

A certain board member on Manly has some very close relationships with the media, and 99% of the " dysfunctional board " garbage you read eminates from this source.

Eliminate that source and we'd be just like the above mentioned boards.

Yes I agree one year would be great but won't be happening anytime soon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4