We lost the battle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
thedogs88 said:
LOL how are we kidding ourselfs, he came out and said himself it would of been better financial for him to stay at manly as they offered more money. Sounds like someone else is kidding themself.

Your own fans said just before manly offered more.

get it through your head the dogs deal was done long before our supposed counter offer it was purely to save face on manlys part ,des was not wanted by certain "faceless" people simple as that he was pushed ,he got the hint and chased the $$$$$$$$$$ at the dogs
we could not afford our reported offer anyway so again ill say it you can have him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now please go back to the dogs kennel you got your star studded lineup from another team and will probably take our players too im prepared for that .

now time will tell if it works for you i couldnt give a rats arse i would rather finish last atleast with all our in fighting we still have alot more dignity and class then your hack of a club,oh and a premiership or 2 in the last 10 years hey !!!!!

I'm hearing that Hasler, Cleal, Foran, Wolfman and Darcy will all be at the dogs in 2012. How they have salary cap space I don't know. Time will tell I guess.

Matabele said:
thedogs88 said:
LOL how are we kidding ourselfs, he came out and said himself it would of been better financial for him to stay at manly as they offered more money. Sounds like someone else is kidding themself.

Yes, Manly offered more.

well done mate, thanks for being honest.

MANLY4LIFE said:
thedogs88 said:

get it through your head the dogs deal was done long before our supposed counter offer it was purely to save face on manlys part ,des was not wanted by certain "faceless" people simple as that he was pushed ,he got the hint and chased the $$$$$$$$$$ at the dogs
we could not afford our reported offer anyway so again ill say it you can have him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now please go back to the dogs kennel you got your star studded lineup from another team and will probably take our players too im prepared for that .

now time will tell if it works for you i couldnt give a rats arse i would rather finish last atleast with all our in fighting we still have alot more dignity and class then your hack of a club,oh and a premiership or 2 in the last 10 years hey !!!!!

we have a prem in 10 years too hey!

so in summary we are to believe that manly made a offer after des had signed a contract and he lied and said it would of been better for him moneywise to stay at manly, because you say so?

right...

Lussick really? The dogs seem set with props, they would be wasting their cap there. Also how can Wolfman and Lussick be at the Dogs in 2012? I though they were both contracted to the club and as I'm aware they don't have get out clauses.

bones said:
I'm hearing that Hasler, Cleal, Foran, Wolfman and Darcy will all be at the dogs in 2012. How they have salary cap space I don't know. Time will tell I guess.

To be honest i HIGHLY doubt the last 3. the first 2 wouldnt suprise me, in honesty wolfman and darcy wouldnt command alot and we certainly could easily afford them. Foran would command a fair bit though keep in mind this year we lost Ryan, Idris, Roberts, Tandy, Paea, Armit, Hodgson, Warburton etc.

Roberts was on 220k, Ryan would of been a pretty penny. Tandy 185k, Idris i don't know and the rest i don't think much. Barba would of been our only player who got a big upgrade. Ennis and Morris would of been slight upgrades.

All we've signed is Graham then Gavet and McDougall who would of been on minimum. It's possible I guess.

Haven't the Dogs upgraded a lot of contracts this year? I have heard that they have used up their cap for next year, I don't think Foran is a possibility in 2012, maybe in 2013 if the Dogs shed some more players such as Stagg etc.

I don't even know why I am discussing this scenario, lol, nothing has confirmed that Foran has even considered leaving.

Ceagle said:
Haven't the Dogs upgraded a lot of contracts this year? I have heard that they have used up their cap for next year, I don't think Foran is a possibility in 2012, maybe in 2013 if the Dogs shed some more players such as Stagg etc.

Not really, we re-signed a few players but noone bar Barba would of been a big upgrade mate.

Ennis was on decent coin already, Morris too.

Lett wouldn't of been a upgrade, Browne was re-signed along with Lafai and Payne, Romeleo all of which wouldn't of been on any real big upgrade.

Turner who got another year deal which would be same coin. All pretty much slight upgrades. Barba would of been the only semi big upgrade.

If you guess (its all it is) Graham signed for say 300k. We lost Tandy and Ryan and Roberts and Idris who were 185k, 300kish, 220k, and id say round 200k. Then lost blokes like Paea, Armit, Hodgson, Tia Kifili, Warburton etc who would of all been on 150k and under.

Signed Luke McDougall and James Gavet who would be small amount like those above.

We should have a bit left to play. If Foran was an option (which i don't believe he is unless Des is here next year for sure) then i'm sure we would make it happen even if it ment releasing Stagg or Halatau to uk a year or 2 early. Although i'm sure we wouldn't need too.

thedogs88 said:
Ceagle said:

Not really, we re-signed a few players but noone bar Barba would of been a big upgrade mate.

Lett wouldn't of been a upgrade, Browne was re-signed along with Lafai and Payne, Romeleo all of which wouldn't of been on any real big upgrade.

Turner who got another year deal which would be same coin. All pretty much slight upgrades. Barba would of been the only semi big upgrade.

If you guess (its all it is) Graham signed for say 300k. We lost Tandy and Ryan and Roberts and Idris who were 185k, 300kish, 220k, and id say round 200k. Then lost blokes like Paea, Armit, Hodgson, Tia Kifili, Warburton etc who would of all been on 150k and under.

Signed Luke McDougall and James Gavet who would be small amount like those above.

We should have a bit left to play. If Foran was an option (which i don't believe he is unless Des is here next year for sure) then i'm sure we would make it happen even if it ment releasing Stagg or Halatau to uk a year or 2 early. Although i'm sure we wouldn't need too.
I swore I heard from Greenberg somewhere that you guys have no room in the cap left for 2012 because you have re-signed alot of youngsters this year, I will have a go at trying to find where I saw it.

Ceagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Ceagle said:

I swore I heard from Greenberg somewhere that you guys have no room in the cap left for 2012 because you have re-signed alot of youngsters this year, I will have a go at trying to find where I saw it.

He said we won't be making any big plays in this years market due to focusing on retention of our juniours.

That is what your talking about, he also said with a cheeky grin in the same interview that 2013 look for them to chase two big names.

Doesn't mean alot mate, if players came available we would have room now. It's just real simple. Name a positon we are bad in. Wing and 5/8. Name quality 5/8s and wingers Des & Todd want for 2013 off contract now... None.

So re-signed blokes like Lafai, Romeleo, Browne, Payne, Morris, Barba, Ennis, Taupau, Kasiano etc along with blokes like Graham, Tolman, Hodkinson, Pritchard, Eastwood etc already looked up for a few years to come. Allow Des to pick the pieces to slot into the puzzle and build something. We got plenty of good young forwards coming through outside Kasiano and Taupau we also have Jackson and Finucane who will be special.

It's why we are letting go so much deadwood this year, some of it is great for NSW Cup titles but look at blokes like Paea, Hodgson, Armit, Warburton, Tia Kifili, Roberts etc. They are either players to old, to injury proned or just not good enough for NRL week in week out. Although i think Armit is an exception there personally.

They would all eat decent contracts and the thing is they aren't something that will help us build a NRL Title team.

thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:
thedogs88 said:

Yes, Manly offered more.

MANLY4LIFE said:
thedogs88 said:

so in summary we are to believe that manly made a offer after des had signed a contract and he lied and said it would of been better for him moneywise to stay at manly, because you say so?

right...

meh.... i know what i need to know ,happy trolling ......

MANLY4LIFE said:
thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:
thedogs88 said:

Yes, Manly offered more.

MANLY4LIFE said:
thedogs88 said:

right...

meh.... i know what i need to know ,happy trolling ......

i'm not trolling im being reasonable, you know what you tell yourself. read what your own fans say. instead of being bitter and asshurt face facts.

bitter and angry at first yer sure anyone would be ! now im ok with it and looking forward to the future ,this is a MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES supporters forum i couldnt give a toss about who you have in your team or where your team is heading its simple really you have your own fan website to discuss that stuff im here for MY TEAM ,i have mates and cousins who are doggies supporters even tigers and roosters supporters they dont feel the need to get on here.

Just like the dogs arent supposedly concerned with our goings on im not concerned with your goings on my 2 cents

thedogs88 said:
I get your point of view mate but i don't think its 100% right, its not a battle between the dogs and manly at all.

etc etc etc....

Are you serious? Do you really believe that success will come from that team of players with our staff? Look, if you want to be us, why don't you support us? Instead your fans walk around and treat us like ****, just like every other bloody team in this comp.

The reason you are not successful is because you have a juniors base that never gets promoted. Everyone that comes into the club is bought from other clubs. The "Dogs" culture does not exist in the player base because you don't have long term Bulldogs Juniors/players and your coaching staff are not Bulldogs either. Dymock is one that I respect because he is a Bulldog through and through but he is being pushed to the side for wring ins.

Now your club expects a man to build up either:

a) a Dogs culture, when he hasn't ever played for the club and neither have the others; or

b) the Manly culture which is not going to succeed because YOU AREN'T MANLY!!!

Des will not succeed at Belmore because he can no longer use the respect and pull he gained from being a former player of the club. He knows that his only hope of success is to bring the same staff he has worked with at Manly, and this still won't work. Basically you will be taking everything that we built and stamping Bulldog on it. The thing is, every time you win with our staff, our players just remember that you are supporting the Canterbury Bankstown Sea Eagles (or the Manly Warringah Bulldogs). We will always be better than you and taking our player and staff just solidifies that fact.

One last thing, your opinion that your club has pride and a great history that respects its past is a crock of ****. Do you want me to name off people that played for your club and were screwed? Chris Anderson, the Moore family, the Hughes Family, the Mortimers, Steve Folkes, Terry Lamb. Yeah, you really respect your past players.

I see this happening: you don't make the finals in 2013 or 2014, Des cracks it at the players because they don't have the passion required and the board fire him, just like they have done to previous coaches at your "great" club.

Just remember, and take this back to the Kennel if you want: "you can't manufacture passion"

"Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs: the Silvertails of the Modern Era", has a good ring to it, like "Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: most Successful Club of the Modern Era" or "Manly-Warringah SeaEagles: Never Rorted the Salary Cap or Won a Wooden Spoon"

Image trying to decide who is better between keating and Reynolds.

What a club.

Des has no credibility anymore so i wonder if he can command the best from players when he is just like the rest of the money hungry bastards. He had a winning culture and he demolished it, his aura is gone now. I have to laugh when i think of him giving a talk to players about what it means to be a bulldog ha ha. Des style is all passion unlike Wayne who is anything but passion thats why his style works at other clubs. Des cant manufacture that and its going to be a hard lesson for him.

conanu said:
Des has no credibility anymore so i wonder if he can command the best from players when he is just like the rest of the money hungry bastards. He had a winning culture and he demolished it, his aura is gone now. I have to laugh when i think of him giving a talk to players about what it means to be a bulldog ha ha. Des style is all passion unlike Wayne who is anything but passion thats why his style works at other clubs. Des cant manufacture that and its going to be a hard lesson for him.

How can you lot turn on him so quickly and say he won't succeed and keep saying hes money hungry. HE TOOK LESS MONEY YOU BITTER FOOLS.

Some of you are just down right dilusional.

Des is a awesome coach, he is respected because he knows what hes talking about, the plans, thoughts, effort and training he has his team go through is what makes them fire.

Dogs won't win a title with their current roster, they need a quality 5/8 urgently i've said it 10 times. We will no doubt make a play at a quality 5/8 somewhere along the lines before Des is here.

Whoever dribbled on about us not having juniours look around at half the top players at other clubs, Thurston, Asotasi, Myles, Anasta, Idris, Mataiu etc all these players are rated highly at their club TODAY.

We also lost blokes like Mason, SBW, Price etc who were guns for us at the time.

We know more then most clubs how to produce talented juniors the problem is we got raped by focusing on keeping Mason and SBW only for them to **** on the club. We had the bad ceo who ruined the club, which is what your going through now. I hope for your sake it doesn't cost you your top players.

In saying all this its part of the business and it takes time to produce talent not every year a player of that quality is produced, you can't just put nuffies in and think you will compete. That is why we purchased so many players in 09-10 because we lost all ours due to a stupid board and keeping the wrong stars.

We are now finally starting to see some young guns coming through. Barba, Kasiano, Taupau, Lafai, Jackson, Finucane. These blokes will be the next bulldog stars we produce, well at least a few. Barba is already well on the way.

With Des and Noel they know how to nurture and look after the young guns, i'm sure they wouldn't of let Thurston bloody go. So i'm sure our junior stocks will flurish again under them, however in the mean time to be competitive we won't be winning a title with Keating at 5/8 or Roberts. So Roberts is now let go, Keating off contract next year and Des on the way, with a quality 5/8 to help feed ball to Morris and Barba with Ennis, Hodkinson, Pritchard, Eastwood, Graham, Tolman, Kasiano, Taupau etc we will be looking like a genuine threat like it or not.

I'm not saying we are garanteed to win you can have all the best players in the game but if you don't train and play hard you won't win ****. So it comes down to Des and what he has in mind and i'm confident he can do it, after all he wouldn't of took less money if he didn't want to be there.

Thurston left Corruptible-Blingtown because he was sleeping with another player's wife/girlfriend. Pulled the same stunt at NQ, but they kept him. Oh and Thurston is from Queensland anyway. That would be like Manly-Warringah claiming DCE as a 'local product.'

The stuff re: why Thurston left C-B, is common knowledge out there in the bazaars.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6