1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We look so much better with Snake in the side.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by torana355, May 16, 2011.

1. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I know some people are saying Snake his on his way out but he adds so much to our side that is isnt even funny. Even on one leg he adds a great presence to the team. I think we would have won comfortably with him in our side tonight. Does anyone have any reliable news on how bad he has re injured his hammy?

2. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    He was allowed to stay on against Dessies judgement,i dont think it would be that bad

3. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    I agree as great as young hoppa is (he ran 200 metres tonite) the snake even on one leg is the master. Hopefully he will be back better than ever against the donkeys

4. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Hoppa's incredibly strong though. Was thoroughly impressed with most of his hitups.

5. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    Joey said in the triple m call tonight he was talking with snake and its gonna be 3 weeks.

6. torana355

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Don't get me wrong Hoppa is brilliant and also needs to be in the side but Snake adds another dimension to our team. They both have their strong points. Snakes positional play is what sets him apart from alot of fullbacks, he always puts himself in a position to break the line though the middle of the ruck on the back of a Foran/DCE/Lyon pass.

7. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    definately agree Torana, im really missing a 50% fit Snake let alone being fully fit. At the moment though, the lads are getting the jobe done most weeks, and we're sitting in the top 4 pretty comfortably. Happy days!!

8. torana355

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    :( So he may miss out on the Bulldogs game. :s

9. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Doubt he will ever get back this year

10. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,486 / 42
    Agree. He is a massive headache for the opposition when we're on the attack in their 20. Hoppa's good, Snake is great.

11. effnic

effnic Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +215 / 6

12. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    So this would be week 1. Bye week 2 back for Broncos. Nice. Another hat trick at Brookie for the prince.

13. slickster71

slickster71 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Can;t beleive most of you, and you want to call yourself a manly supporter. Sounds more like a parramatta supporter.

Kick him down when he is down. They guy has just gone through 2 yrs of hell,has the media all over him over his gallop, who refuses to appologise and u want to talk about getting rid of him. I would want what he went through last 2yrs on my worse enemy. its easy to say lets forgive and forget. not that easy when its in your mind 24/7.

COME ON GUYS. YOU NEED TO PULL YOUR HEAD IN.

He is a naturally gifted player. Organised the defense from the back and his speed is what some teams pray for. I would not swap him for anyone.

Snake knows how to find the line and i can gurantee you if snake played last night he would of scored. He puts the defense in 2 minds. Hoppa is still young and will be great but snake is a class on his own and if he stayed injury free he would of been the state fullback.

AM SICK OF PEOPLE COMING ON HERE AND WANT TO GET RID OF HIM AND THE MEDIA AND OTHERS GIVING HIM A HARD TIME.

14. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Chill slickster. I don't believe anyone on here believes we shouldn't persist with Snake.
    The big issue is the uncertainty and significance of his chronic knee problems and how this will effect his playing career, moving forward.
    Can any club justify paying top dollar for a player who may only play 5-10 games in a season? Even if they are a freak?

15. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    We're playing the Broncos @ Suncorp