We do the little things right

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2 case in points:

1: 65th minute - Lyon kicks into the on-goal area, a Souths player scoops it up and tries to run behind the posts before getting it out, but who is there to smash him in the in-goal area? Our little half-back DCE. How many other half-backs would show that kind of commitment?

2: 75th minute - Inglis makes a break from the scrum, has a headstart on everyone, only to be cut down from behind by one Choc Watmough, who hadn't been off the field yet. I repeat, Inglis was brought down from behind by a backrower who had playerd 75 straight minutes.

We were well ahead at the time of the above, and lesser teams/players wouldn't have made those efforts, but our boys did, which just goes to show the commitment to the cause they have. It's things like these which makes me confident we will get the money on Sunday night.

Good topic.

There was one game this year, might have even been against the Eels where we were WAAAAAAAAAAY ahead with a minute or two to go and they kicked through, Matai made a superhuman effort to deny a try. Even though the game was over and it would effectively be the last play of the game.

There are so many instances of this with Manly.

2011 we were up 38-0 v the dogs. Barba breaks away with a 10m headstart. Jamie chases him and almost catches him on the line.

That to me sums up the culture at Manly....give the opposition NOTHING!

It is the one percenters that count like was mentioned.

I think this time we had composure against the vermin from the 20th minuted that we lacked in the other 2 games.

Our play was measured and controlled. The longer the 2nd half went the more composed we looked.

If we are honest overall you would give the team a 7 out of 10. Still lots of improvement.

If we play as we did against the drizzle a month ago, the game will be ours. That game was all about speed and aggression and the drizzle had no answer.

In the 3 games we played the chooks this season, we made numerous errors with the ball when attacking them. We need to build pressure, take penalty goals if we have too.

One thing I am sure of is that we will be very competitive no matter what, its been the theme all season of this team.

The little things? 2V aint that little!!! lol. good points though, and Brenton lawerence extra efforts in D go un- noticed as well.

It was quite weird the simple errors our guys made in the first half against the rabbits, especially early on. Like offloads when under pressure - Choc! and even Lyon did that too. Then they settled into their rhythm, and the second half was almost flawless.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
It was quite weird the simple errors our guys made in the first half against the rabbits, especially early on. Like offloads when under pressure - Choc! and even Lyon did that too. Then they settled into their rhythm, and the second half was almost flawless.

Also a 5-0 penalty count after 30 mins didn't help.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6