We didn't get Tamou so who?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I rate Lowe highly but cowgirls will have cap space available now that Tamou has moved on. So will be hard to prise him out of Townsville.
Not sure they do because of re-upping Coote. Isn't that why Tamou was allowed to go? Winning is expensive.

I think we need to target players we want not the best case scenarios off contract. Like Taupau and walker last year we need to get players to leave current contracts. I see that the reds are chasing Holmes. I think manly should be looking into him and throwing a lot of dollars at him. He wants to play fullback at sharks and is behind barba. For the right price and positional switch he may jump ship. His manager Gavin Orr stated that he is open to other clubs offers and won't necessarily resign with the Sharks. Would be a huge signing for us with him at fb and turbo and walker in centres our outside backline would be dynamic and around for years to come. For the forwards I would love Nelson Asofa Solomona I know we were looking at him earlier in the year. He will be an absolute star in the future. Others that come to mind are Matulino, Ma'u, Fusitua, Sue, Vaughan, Woods, Rapana, Lolohea, James, Cartwright

Forget about another prop, we need a 5/8 and then a backrower. We cant continue with a makeshift 5/8 and Buhrer and Brown on the edges. Keary & either Gillett or Rochow.

I'd like the way Solomone Kata plays, he's probably not big enough if we want to improve the size of our backrow but I love his passion and effort.

Forget about another prop, we need a 5/8 and then a backrower. We cant continue with a makeshift 5/8 and Buhrer and Brown on the edges. Keary & either Gillett or Rochow.
Rochow is no different to Buhrer. Injury prone workhorse.

We need Lowe from North Queensland.

I think we need to target players we want not the best case scenarios off contract. Like Taupau and walker last year we need to get players to leave current contracts. I see that the reds are chasing Holmes. I think manly should be looking into him and throwing a lot of dollars at him. He wants to play fullback at sharks and is behind barba. For the right price and positional switch he may jump ship. His manager Gavin Orr stated that he is open to other clubs offers and won't necessarily resign with the Sharks. Would be a huge signing for us with him at fb and turbo and walker in centres our outside backline would be dynamic and around for years to come. For the forwards I would love Nelson Asofa Solomona I know we were looking at him earlier in the year. He will be an absolute star in the future. Others that come to mind are Matulino, Ma'u, Fusitua, Sue, Vaughan, Woods, Rapana, Lolohea, James, Cartwright
Sign Holmes and you lose Tom.

I'm not sure if we are going to add any big names for next year's roster. I do; however, believe that we will add 2 or 3 quality signings for 2018. It seems most are coming off contract at the end of 2017.

Not that it would happen, but I would love to throw a big offer to Cooper Cronk for two years. He would be the perfect partner to get the best out of DCE and teach organisation in attack. Cooper 7, DCE 6, then after 2 yrs, hopefully Hynes or Wright are ready to step in to partner DCE. Cronk has two good years left in him and would be a great signing.

He would be like the BK signing for us in terms of professionalism and winning mentality. He would help the game of DCE, Parcell and Tom T to no end and help set us up for another 10 years of domination.

Plus I'd love to see Melbourne lose one of the big three! Make it happen Manly.

Last edited:
And what can you back that up with? Your opinion? Tommy is manly to the core and in his interview the other day he seemed happy to play centre because he will do what's best for team.. His own words

And why is your opinion bet than his? Seriously? Some people - **** - stink...there is a saying in there somewhere..

And why is your opinion bet than his? Seriously? Some people - **** - stink...there is a saying in there somewhere..
I don't think my opinion is better than his.. His talking about Tom leaving if Holmes was signed like he knows what turbo is thinking. Hence why I challenged his statement.

It is a fairly accurate assumption though - Tom has played 95% of his football at fullback. Presumably that is where he wants to stay. With his talent, he could have asked to change position in like, U10s, and they would have said yes.

It is a fairly accurate assumption though - Tom has played 95% of his football at fullback. Presumably that is where he wants to stay. With his talent, he could have asked to change position in like, U10s, and they would have said yes.
You might be right don't get me wrong but this is not u10s this nrl level.. At this moment turbo isn't a 1st grade level fullback but his shown in the last few games he excels in the centre position already. I don't think he will leave manly no matter the situation in my opinion considering his family involvement in juniors and passion for the club. Besides, there are plenty more talented fullbacks out there than there are centres at the moment. And turbo will more like be a rep centre than a fb. And if it is better for the squad overall for him to play centre in clubland I don't think he will have a problem with it if it could prove successful

Moops everybody is entitled to their own opinion, what they are not entitled to is their own facts.

@Turbo did not offer an opinion he stated catagorically that we would lose Tom if we signed Holmes.

If it is an opinion preface it with "I Think" or "IMO". Don't just make up crap and present it as your own fact.

PS As you will note that @sean john uses "in my opinion" in his response above.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6