We can win this comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im sorry Technical Coach but i really don't think you know what you are talking about tbh. Snake is in the same league as Billly Slater and Jarrod Hayne, all three fullbacks have their own attributes that make them a great fullback. Had Brett not been setback with injury's for the last two years he would have gotten even better just like Hayne. 

DSM5 link said:
Hell be right on that score Fro.  Manly To Win, where did I say that Farah (so sorry for the spelling mistake) is not up to NRL standard?  My comment related to the w****rs who think that Brett is gone.   

I misinterpreted your comments, my apologies. And for the record, I also don't think Brett is gone by any stretch of the imagination, and I think Farrar, though not in the same league as Stewart, is doing a very good job.

Snake is not quite in the same league as Slater, Hayne and in the past K-Hunt.  In terms of try scoring percentages i think he is above all these players in terms of all round ability he is not.

Dont get me wrong people i am a fan but sometimes you have to take the Maroon and White glasses off and be honest with yourself.

Yes Hayne is up and down and in some respects he is over-rated but there is no way Brett Stewart could do what Hayne consistently did over the last 8-10 weeks of last year even as good as Stewart is.

Technical Coach link said:
Snake is not quite in the same league as Slater, Hayne and in the past K-Hunt.  In terms of try scoring percentages i think he is above all these players in terms of all round ability he is not.

Dont get me wrong people i am a fan but sometimes you have to take the Maroon and White glasses off and be honest with yourself.

Yes Hayne is up and down and in some respects he is over-rated but there is no way Brett Stewart could do what Hayne consistently did over the last 8-10 weeks of last year even as good as Stewart is.
thats because we are a team we dont rely on brett to kick start our  attack, nor do we just sit back & do nothing like parra do  waiting for someone to do something magic & flukey all the time.. he sticks out  because he is the best player in a team of over paid lazy bums too scared  to have a go...
lol  & you put the word consistent  & hayne in the same sentence ;D  if he was consistent they would be 2nd ...

& to add to that sometimes he only tunes into the game for about 15minutes then is quiet for the rest of the match,,

torana355 link said:
Im sorry Technical Coach but i really don't think you know what you are talking about tbh. Snake is in the same league as Billly Slater and Jarrod Hayne, all three fullbacks have their own attributes that make them a great fullback. Had Brett not been setback with injury's for the last two years he would have gotten even better just like Hayne. 

I don't think he doesn't know what he's talking about;I'm f'ing sure he doesn't know what he's talking about!!

I had lunch today with a group that supported St Choke, Tigers & Parra. All of them agreed without exception that if Manly play to their potential they will win.

Now all we have to do is play to our potential

Thats fine have your opinion Torana and Ayjay i'm just offering a different point of view from your standard average fan. Instead of attacking a post come back with an intellectual reply with some well thought out responses not your typical "how dare you knock Brett reply" when clearly i'm not if you read my posts with an open mind.

I do agree with jjai that Manly is more a team "this year though" last year we did struggle for a while as being a one man attack. Yes Hayne does go missing but the amount of class and skill he has he can kill off a team or help Parra recover within 5-10min then hibernate again he has that ability.

Lets not twist words though jjai i did not say Hayne was a consistent player i stated that over the last 8-10 weeks of last year Hayne consistently did unbelievable things that Brett could never sustain - - he lifted a lazy average side into a Grand Final almost single handedly.

Anyway this has gone way off topic i was only initially replying to comments about wishing Wolf Man and Snake were back and wanted to balance those thoughts with not over-stating their benefits to the squad and appreciating what we have now--- the team is less reliant now on Snake which is good for the future of the team.

Technical Coach link said:
Snake is not quite in the same league as Slater, Hayne and in the past K-Hunt.  In terms of try scoring percentages i think he is above all these players in terms of all round ability he is not.

Slater at times isn't very safe under the high ball.

Hayne isn't exactly great in defence.

Hayne can be shut down by determined defense.  We have that in spades when the guys turn up.  I just watched the St George match, 24 to 6.  Great defense and our attack was excellent.  I saw some of that last Sunday.  I think we are coming along nicely. 

This comp is ours for the taking IF we can keep this form up with no major injuries.With the News Ltd Scum out for cheating.Chokers have bugger all finals experience as the Panfers,Titans,Tigers,Easts,Souths and Warriors.
I reckon Dessies worked that out.We can do this.The boys are still dirty from last years finals exit by the Scum.

Stewart was picked in our World Cup team after a stellar finals series in 2008 but withdrew through injury. He was absolutely one of the very best players in the game at that time, his form in the WCC and when he came back into our team after his 4 match suspension simply underlined that fact.

Bit pointless to say how much better Slater & Hayne are at this time, as Snake can't run. They are all different styles of player anyway, but if he never played again he would still rate as a freakish talent, I'd say he was on the verge of tipping the mighty Wombat as our best ever No. 1. And he still might!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6